Phoenix Maplewood Focus on The First Step
Epsilon
Hunting threads: 3/5 Caregiver threads: 1/5
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar pondered te question. "I would guess you could find them anywhere if you looked at the right place. You would find them in dark,dusty places like the cave,"she said not entirely sure if it was correct.
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Springs pondered Esaro’s question about eating cobwebs for a moment.  Considering, could cobwebs make you feel better?  She doubted it, although she had never tried.  Curiosity lingered in her.  It was worth a try though, maybe she would try it later, or maybe not.  Spring then answered Esaro’s questions and answers.

“To answer your first question Esaro, I’m not sure if it would make you feel better to eat a cobweb.  Although I doubt it would work, plus there are already other herbs that could help that cause.  Though you can try it if you’d like.  Experiment, that’s how I learned.  Cobwebs stretch and are extremely flexible Esaro they can also be clumped together to make them bigger and if you want larger.”  Then she answered Esaro and Luna's response to her answers.  “Autumn is actually the best time to find cobwebs, and cobwebs can be found almost anywhere, normally though in bushes, shrubs, trees and in caves.”  
My heart connects with everyone on it's own. When they pull, it hurts.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Putting more together did sound possible so it was easy to say they could be used as bandages even though he never thought they would be used in that way. It did turn out that Spring didn't really know what would happen if someone did eat them. Esaro would be willing to test it out but as he currently sees it, there wasn't any to eat around here. What disappointed Esaro the most would be that his answers weren't correct. He was sure there were more cobwebs during the spring and summer, and that they were found out in fields.

"But I don't see any cobweb around here so I can't really test it. All there is so far is a some spiderwebs and snow." He said, forgetting that they once told him he found some. "And are you sure they don't also grow out there in fields during the spring and summer more than they do in the autumn?" He asked, wanting to confirm if Spring didn't just confuse it with something else.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar tilted her head in confusion,her tongue dangling from her mouth as she thought. She really had no clue what Esaro was talking about,cobwebs didn't grow. They were just old spiderwebs that had become less sticky with age. Perhaps he was thinking of a plant,suddenly it came to her. She moved closer to him to make it known she had a question,"The plants you speak of,do they have poofy seeds that fall off?"
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring narrowed her eyes.  “Cobwebs are made by spiders Esaro.  They don’t grow.”  She heard Luna ask Esaro if the plant he was mistaken for had goofy seeds.  Realization set into Spring.  Of course!  She thought inwardly.  “Are you speaking of dandelion seeds Esaro?”  She asked, pretty sure she was correct, that dandelion seeds were what Esaro was thinking of.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Luna seemed to have a question so Esaro stood there ready to listen. She asked if the plant he was referring to had poofy seeds. He answered, "Um, yeah they do." He was happy to know that Luna knew what he was talking about.

Spring started to confused him a bit. "No, I'm talking about a different kind of cobweb. I don't think spiders would make those seeds" He said. Esaro wasn't putting the pieces of the puzzle together since he still believes to be right somewhere. It started to feel like someone here was confused, He didn't think that would be him though.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
"Esaro, dandelions don't come from spiders they are a plant. Cobwebs aren't a plant,they come from spiders," she told him nervously unsure if he would be upset or mad for being corrected. She also didn't know if Spring would be mad for correcting him when it was her lesson in the first place. She moved back a little ready to face either of them even if she couldn't win. She at least expected Spring to snap at her,the she wolf didn't like her very much.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring nodded, when Luna spoke.  “Luna is right Esaro.  I am sure you are speaking of Dandelion seeds, by what you say about this herb.”  Spring paused thinking for a moment then continued.  “And Esaro... there is only one type of cobweb.  It starts out as a spiderweb when it’s wove and lived in, then once the spider dies, it wads and turns into a cobweb.  What you’re speaking about sounds for sure like dandelion seeds Esaro.”  Spring remarked.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
It took a while and it was making his head hurt but the pieces of the puzzle was slowly coming together. It was him that confused nearly everything. To make sure he understood were the facts are he needed to confirm if what he now understood was correct. "So. cobweb is only dead spiderweb and the cobweb I'm talking about is dandelion seeds? But how can you be so sure that it's what I'm talking about. There isn't any around here so I can't be sure if you are confusing it with something else." He was doubting but only because he didn't want to believe that everything he knew was false. At the very least he accepted that cobweb is not the name of what he was talking about.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar nodded,sorry about bursting his bubble but she knew it was true. She glanced to Spring for support,she was the teacher after all. She decided to let Spring take over and break the news to him. He was wrong,he had missed the questions by a landslide.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring decided to move on.  “Okay, I’m sure you both know how cobwebs work now.  Right?  She then continued.  “Okay next herb.  Bracken fern or fern for short.  You both know what a fern looks like, correct?  If you do describe it to me.  Spring asked, sure that if they found bracken fern it would be dead anyways, so she was going to see if Luna and Esaro knew what bracken fern looked like, before she resorted to finding some.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Sorry for the delay. busy weekend and now back to following classes. my head hurts lol

To think what he knows just wasn't isn't correct, It wasn't fully confirmed that he was wrong. His mind remained on the subject. What exactly did he know for sure. What was right and what was wrong. The problem he faced was that he couldn't be sure. The only way to fix this was to start anew. He did join the pack recently, maybe he should forget everything he had learned and start completely over.

He wasn't sure how to use the cobweb but didn't ask anything this time. The next question was on ferns. Esaro shrugged. He didn't know anything about those. Chances are he saw some before but never knew the name of them.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar noticed Esaro's silence,figuring he wouldn't answer She opened her mouth to speak,"Fern also known as pteridium is a plant with many small leaves on several small branches."
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Esaro stayed quiet, but Luna answer and it was correct.  A wolfish smile appeared on Spring’s face.  “Excellent Luna!  That’s correct.  Can one of you tell me what season is the best to find it and where is the best place to find it?”  Spring awaited any answer, from either of the two.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Luna's answer was more confusing than anything. Most plants he remembered always had small leaves and small branches. Could one word really be placed like that on many types of plants? Before moving to the next question he protested. "There are many plants with small leaves and branches, they can't all be called ferns can they? I mean.." He turned to look at Luna "Isn't that answer a little too vague?"

It may look like he was jealous of Luna but it wasn't the case. Esaro was eager to learn but knowing that his knowledge wasn't on a good base he needed to challenge the facts to make sure everyone was 100% sure. He just didn't want to learn more then be told that it was wrong.

He didn't have any answer for Spring's question. He stayed quiet about that.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
"I meant that they branch into smaller sections with small tines covered in hundreds of tiny leaves,"she told Esaro. She wasn't sure how exactly to make it clear to him. "Fern is found just about anywhere in several different strands of the same family. I believe summer would be the best time to find it,"she told Spring in response to her question.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring considered what Esaro had pointed out.  “I’ll show  you what ferns look like when Spring comes around Esaro.”  Spring commented, and nodded in approval to Luna’s further explanation and answer to her questions.  “Correct Luna, ferns are best found in Summer.”  Then corrected her in the other answer to Spring’s two part question. “Although ferns are found basically anywhere in the edges of clearings and in the woods.  Not just anywhere, ferns can’t grow in a desert terrain for instance.”  Spring pointed out.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar hadn't considered that,"Oh,right." She laughed a little bit at her thoughtlessness. Of course ferns wouldn't grow in deserts. Perhaps not ice lands either like the ones similar to her home.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro nodded. He might as well try his best to remember everything Spring was saying. He did want to believe he was right somewhere to show that he did learn a few things before. But if what he knows is wrong compared to her knowledge he might as well forget and start all over. The problem to that is he wouldn't be able to give any general answers. He just wouldn't know what was right.

Still, he wasn't sure how he as going to remember every word he heard. The only thing that is likely to stay in his mind is the cobweb subject, He holds the general idea of where to find them but there was no way he would be able to use them, yet. The talk about ferns wasn't going to do any good without any sort of examples. He was focused on trying to keep the info in mind but the words were slipping fast.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring smiled happy that Luna had accepted her mistake without a fuss and now knew the real answer.  Esaro didn’t really seem to be paying any attention at all though, so Spring simply asked him a question to test him.  “Esaro, about one minute ago me and Luna both stated which season is the best to find ferns.  Tell me.  Which season?  Is it Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer?"
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar shifted uncomfortably,watching as Spring chewed Esaro out. She had noticed the distant and slightly dejected look on his face but wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't accustomed to comforting people or talking to people really. He should have been paying attention though,Spring didn't have to teach it them anything necessarily. She was doing it as a favor and she was grateful for it,planning on soaking up every bit of information like an eager little sponge. Her inner thoughts caused her to smile but she hid it quickly not wanting Esaro to get the wrong idea as she tuned back to the lesson.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
"Spring!" He answered proudly. He remembered her saying that she'll show him what ferns look like during the Spring, so that had to be the answer. Since that was the first thing he remembered, he believed to be right and decided to not think farther on it. He was just so sure of himself. Following lessons wasn't that bad actually.

Esaro stood there ready for another question of some kind and he had quite the prideful look on him.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
“Close Esaro, the answer was actually Summer not Spring, Spring is when it starts to grow back all healthy again.”  Spring answered with a slight smile, but pity in her voice.  “But don’t fell bad about yourself, sometimes it just takes longer for some to remember, others not.”  Spring finished enthusiastically.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar shifted on her paws,uncomfortable. She felt bad for Esaro, he just couldn't seem to remember anything. She didn't know if healing was the profession for him but he was trying so hard.  She hoped it would work out for him but she wasn't so sure. Maybe Spring could help him learn to remember, she was clueless how to help. If she had been alone she would have growled in frustration, she wanted to help. She just didn't know how.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
He was wrong? How was that possible when they gave the answer only a few minutes ago? He wasn't ready to just accept that he was wrong and decided to speak out against. "But you said you'll show what they look like in Spring. Doesn't that mean there will be plenty during that time?"

It wasn't that he didn't remember the answer, it was more like he remembered a false answer. He didn't like being wrong, especially when he learned the answer a few minutes ago before the question. It was discouraging but Spring managed to keep his will strong enough to where he hasn't given up yet.

He looked at luna. "It makes sense right?" He said trying to get support from her. There was one thing to notice about all this, Esaro was surely motivated to doubt and question in order to make sure Spring was sure of her answers. It's almost like a battle of faith and will, whoever wins converts the other.