Blacktail Deer Plateau You run like the river, you shine like the sun
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye choked back a laugh at the pine cone comment. To her, that sounded hilarious.

"Do you think it's a good idea to leave the lands? What if something happens?" Hawkeye looked behind herself as if something evil would pop out at the moment.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I think it'll be fine if we're away for an hour or two," Peregrine answered, "but if it would make you feel better, we could call someone to keep watch while we're away." His mind immediately went to his siblings, though Atticus was scarce, Crete probably wouldn't want to be summoned for something like this and Osprey wasn't necessarily one for border patrol. The Alpha frowned.

"Or," he suggested after a pause, "we can find something to do on the plateau. I'm sure there's a pool around here somewhere but it won't be warm like the hot springs." There was a wistfulness in his voice but Peregrine waved his tail, willing to accommodate his mate if she didn't want to leave the lands without its Alphas, even for a short foray.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye was nervous, but she slowly nodded. It's not like an entire pack's forces would infiltrate their territory and kill all of her wolves in just an hour or two. "Okay, let's go then. I'm sure things will be fine." Her voice sounded unsure, but she definitely needed time away from the pack lands.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
If you want to fade this here, feel free. Otherwise, I'm game for continuing as long as you like. :)

"Everything will be okay here," Peregrine reassured her when Hawkeye decided they should go after all. He rumbled affectionately in her ear. "Believe me, I'm usually the last one to leave the territory but, well... this is a special occasion. We're celebrating you and the kids," he reminded her, licking tenderly at her side. He wondered when they'd start kicking and if he'd feel anything.

Nudging her, Peregrine began to trot toward the decline that would lead them away from the plateau and into the flatlands. They would have to cross the river to reach the springs. The Alpha hoped to find some shallows so they wouldn't have to get drenched walking to and from their destination. It wouldn't do to force his pregnant mate to submerge herself in icy cold water, before or after her warm dip and grooming session.

As he thought of her, forming an itinerary in his head, Peregrine glanced sideways at his mate, their gazes meeting. He smiled a dopey smile at her, licked at her chin, then continued leading the way toward their spa sabbatical.