Great Bear Wilderness We get to carry each other
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"It's both and the use depends on occasion," Osprey replied - hoping that the simple explanation and the fact that the plain truth had always been in front of Burke's nose would disappoint him just a teeny tiny bit. 

"Nah - just Burke does not work," she shook her head, as if a king of an empire had declared her that his name was just Josh, for example. "You have to be Burke Something Something. Like... Burke Bunny-tail von Fountleroy - that sounds posh, doesn't it?"

ooc: hairy-pants - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236...e1caad.jpg . Congratulations to Us!
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke thought about her words and slowly nodded at that. "I see," he spoke, so it was both that worked for several occasions He was curious what those situations were, but he decided not to ask further about it, mainly because their conversation went to his name, and it was rather ridiculous.

He snorted. "Bunny tail? Really?," he commented and shook his head. "I do not have a bunny tail," he returned. "I'd rather like it to be. Burke the large. Or Burke the magnificent," he stated to her.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"I don't see, what's wrong with Burke Bunny-tail von Fauntleroy le Magnificent," Osprey shrugged, stopping to pick out a small twig that had caught itself between her toes. It took a little while to get it out, but once done - the relief was immediate. 

"It's all about, how mysterious or cool you sound, not, what you really are. For instance - who would have any interest in Osprey The Gray or Osprey The Quick? There are many large wolves in the world, but not all are BBTVFLMs, am I not right?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke laughed at how ridiculous it sounded. It might have given him a bit of the giggles, of course, males like Burke didn't get the giggles but he was close to it. Horribly amused by the names this female found for him. "Alright, a bit of mystery sounds good." He agreed. Though as he followed the female he couldn't help but laugh louder.

"That is quite a mouthful. Maybe we should find names that make the short name more... catchy," he pointed out. "Osprey the grey sounds like you are some witch," he pointed out to her. "BBTVFLM.... I'd rather stay with Burke," he commented. "BURKE. Burly, Unique, Royal, Keen and Exceptional. There! I'm a B.U.R.K.E," he announced proudly.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Haven't you guessed already that you are mixing with a notorious witch?" Osprey asked with a crooked grin playing in her lips. "The Gray might not be the correct title, but there is one, I assure. Can't tell it to mortals though," there was a hint of pity in her voice, when she said this, though - again, she was glad that there was a secret the other might never find out.

"Beee-yuu-arrr-keee-ay," she spelled it and then shook her head, "nah... that does not work at all. I mean, it is just as mouthful as the first one. I say you should stick with von Fauntleroy at least, if Bunny-butt doesn't sound scary enough for you."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
"Clearly I had. Long time ago but now you only confirmed it for me which is great," he grinned. "I won't tell those damn mortals then," he added and continued to walk with her. Their topics switched from one thing to the other and he rather liked that.

She spelled his name, which to him sounded far more logical, however she didn't think that. They never really shared that opinion. "Tell me, what is your obsession with von Fauntleroy?," he asked. "If someone would be named bunny butt would you find them scary?," he asked. She probably wouldn't find him that scary.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"It's such a nice name," Osprey shrugged and thought - hilariously pompous too. Burke was right - it did not fit him that well. 

"Not at first, but I would always want to know, whether it is a nickname for a dead-serious person or person has a physical defect. In your case it is both. There is this saying about not judging a person by it's looks after all. So - there is nothing funny about that title. And... frankly speaking - it does work for your benefit - you can take them by surprise by... not being the sweet, fluffy and cuddly person they would have imagined to meet."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke slowly nodded as she explained. It could be used in his advantage this nickname. Though his face fell a bit into a scowl when she called his docked tail a psychical defect. His eyes squinted a bit. He rather liked his docked tail but that didn't seem the case for this female. "I rather like them to not meet me at all. They would bother me. I'd rather like a fearsome name so everyone would just back off," he pointed out.

"Though, I do have to admit that if the Leader of Black Feather Woods would be named Bunnybutt it would be rather funny. And not a lot of people would take us seriously, I think."
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Too bad for them, I would say," Osprey nodded and grinned. "Let's leave things as they are - I think - otherwise we will spend a life-time discussing them." Not that she minded. It was nice to talk about nonesense with him.

"Isn't that the top of caldera that I see from here?" she stopped, spotting the familiar landmark in the distance. It seemed that with all of the unexpected detours and twists of their otherwise uncomplicated journey, they had finally reached the destination. "I guess it is. Well then... should I say a simple "may I never see your charming face again" or "see you later"?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke felt like he won with his stubbornness. Osprey decided that they would have to discuss it forever. Which she was probably right in. Burke was not going to let others give him a name he did not deem right. He just gave her a nod to show hat he agreed.

"You are correct. We are almost there," he pointed out to her. "I do keep my promises of bringing you to the caldera safely," he spoke almost with a lot of pride. "Normally we do end up meeting again, so I'd say. 'See you later'," he hummed. Somehow he could always get along with this female.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"See you later then - Scary B!" Osprey told Burke and winked. She decided that she would call him by that name from now on. Whenever should they happen to meet each other again.
Then she went towards the caldera in a brisk step, eager to call for her brother and see his dear face again.