Swiftcurrent Creek when the skies are grey
<i>and sweetly she did sing</i>
8 Posts
Ooc —
for boobird (psst she should come play with ookaan /shameless) Short cause sprees are always short for me~!

The storm came suddenly, and Alo relished in the unpredictability of life. She did not fear the sudden burst of rain from the sky, no, she simply turned her silver and cream muzzle to the sky in exaltation. The deceptive rambling surface of Swiftcurrent Creek became dappled with the drops from the hot summer sky but she paid no notice, despite her proximity to the cruel creek. No, Alo's eyes were tightly closed as she raised her face into the raining heavens, perfectly still and serene in the sudden burst of life from the skies above. The sun had vanished, swallowed by the looming storm clouds, and for once she did not miss its comforting presence.

<style> @import url('http://ghostecho.net/on/alodeer.css');</style>
silver songbird
8 Posts
Ooc — Steph
Bluebird did not mind water. Bluebird did not mind anything. Really, at this point, she existed. She had no desires, no anything... she had wanted to strike out on her own but... now what? She simply moves, from place to place, without any real idea of a destination or arriving somewhere. It matters not to her where she ends up...

But, in the end, she arrives before a wolf with their face to the Heavens. Bluebird tilts her head, one ear falling flat as the other remains perked. It... it's going to storm, she murmurs, sure the other knows this. But why did she not seek to escape it?
<i>and sweetly she did sing</i>
8 Posts
Ooc —

Alo's eyes opened and she swiveled her head away from the glory of the heavens to look upon the softspoken creature. The female was almost achingly lovely to behold, bathed in the silvery shades of moonlight with dusting of inky black upon her fur. The softspoken lady's eyes were a brilliant shade of chartreuse, with just the slightest hint of blue around her iris. She was a touch smaller than Alo, but size meant little to the matriarch of the Ookaan.

"I know." With that she offered a gentle, if not slightly lopsided smile and dropped to her silver and cream haunches, tail twitching about behind her absentmindedly. "I love the rain — it makes my homeland bloom even more beautifully and it makes the world seem so much more alive. My name is Alo, what's yours, pretty one?" Compliments came easily from Alo, she found beauty in most things, and was never one to shy from praising others.

<style> @import url('http://ghostecho.net/on/alodeer.css');</style>
silver songbird
8 Posts
Ooc — Steph
There was no doubting that the other was larger than she herself; there was also no doubting the loveliness the other beheld. Bluebird was one to note these things, but was shy in her admissions; and so, when Alo referred to her as pretty one, her head lowers, chin brushing against feathery chest, and her eyes fall to the earth. No, the gesture insists, and she nearly says it, but does not want to rebuke the other in fear of offending her. She was so kind!

What about... thunder? Thunder frightened Bluebird, far more than she cared to admit. It was the loudest snarl she had ever heard, and as Bluebird had never faced any true threat of violence in her life, she was sure that thunder would be the bringer of it. Its angry snarls! She must have done something wrong. Something to deserve the sound! But it had not come, not yet. It made sense, to enjoy rain. And then, she remembered herself. O-oh! I am Bluebird, she greets. Some call me Blue. Others, Bird... Few called her by her full name, but those that did she did not begrudge. It was her name, after all.