Stavanger Bay i'ma rock my pajamas in the day time i swear, i promise
i better go it alone
114 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
with a grunt the male sat on the rocky bank that marked the sand's end and the sea's beginning -- silently he watched as the grey and foamy waves boiled over the surface and lapped closer and closer to his paws. out in the open water the dark shadow of a cormorant rifled the surface of the waves, and the dull chatter of seals met with the wind in a quiet cacophony.

he had already eaten his fill for the day, and was lacking great purpose -- the sun was bleak but strong enough to warm his fur. too weak from his glut (and a general attitude of laziness) to fight the calm sleepiness that threatened to take him, murgash yawned tiredly and stretched out on the warm rock with a sigh of comfort.
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The brute could feel his heart thrumming as he traipsed the edges of the water. His large paws sunk into the soft, soaking sand, though he found he did not move with the same looming ferocity. The limp in his front limb had taken a great deal from him. Skellige only hoped that it would heal with the rest of his wounds. The young Deirdre had promised that she would tend to him - make him better. She had apologized, but he had been sour and had refused her words with nothing more than a stoic bow of his heavy crown. The days that had followed had not been good to him. The strength of his mind had begun to fade. The leviathan did not recognize the madness that had begun to consume him. 

A ragged form drew his dark gaze. Furrowing his brows, the swarthy titan limped toward the figure of Murgash. The wiry creature had done well enough within the pack. He was unsettling, but his peculiar company was welcome by Skellige, who did not mind the mange or the callous way that the dark brother spoke. "You've made yourself quite comfortable," he drawled in a rumbling baritone as he closed the distance between them. As his twisted limb pulled him closer, the sea wolf lifted his skull upward and frowned. 
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
i better go it alone
114 Posts
Ooc —
a low, deep noise not unlike the sea caused murgash to inwardly freeze, and slowly he turned a torn ear towards the source. Bossman. lazily the male craned his neck but moved no other part of his body -- yes, Bossman indeed.

even with one crappy eye murgash could see the condition Skellige was in was not entirely favorable; at least it was not so bad as himself. he shifted his weight and set on his shoulders, craning his head to look at the male in full. "beeg stripey boss!" he chimed cheerily, a grin spread across his ugly muzzle. "wots with the leg?"
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary

Murgash, he thought with a quiet frown. The scraggly beast had been nothing but transparent since his arrival on the coast. Still, Skellige could not fault him for his blatant honesty. It was almost a breath of fresh air to the leviathan. Once his mangled leg was brought into question, there came an immediate change to his demeanor.  

He was touchy about the attack – angered that he had been put in that situation by the pale healer from Donnelaith, but he did not appreciate his more obvious weaknesses being observed. His lip curled over his yellowed fang and his ears swiveled sideways. "A bear," he grumbled between gritted teeth. "Have the stocks been keeping you full?" The titan then decided to change the subject and keep Murgash on a topic he was quite fond of: food.  
i better go it alone
114 Posts
Ooc —
it appeared murgash had hit a chord, though this once it was not intentionally. the quick way in which skellige swiftly delved the topic elsewhere made it clear: no discussing Stripey's gimpiness. it almost made the topic tantalizing and for a moment murgash considered revisiting the sore subject (pun intended).

but he didn't, because even though he was stupid, and occasionally an instigator, he was not exactly looking forward to the repercussions. even as Stripey GimpStub, skellige was more capable than he; and murgash was not about to test the theory.

he smiled widely, crooked teeth and drool visible. "got te keep moine figure, yannow" he was not about to lie; he was all too familiar with the stocks. he was the sampler, the taster -- there was hardly a morsel that had not been at least licked by the cur.

"wot about ye? hey - ye ever had 'red snappa'? apparently sumthin' the laidee loikes, or so she tol' me. oi'm supposed to get her some, at some point."
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Though his irritation with the scraggly beast was evident in the stiffness of his limbs and the swift narrowing of his brow, the inky titan could not help but find a fondness for Murgash. Perhaps it was the ways in which he reminded Skellige of his homeland and the crude brutes who tended to the surrounding islands. It was this reason that he placed a good deal of trust within the mangy mutt. There was a certain air about the oddity that was Murgash. The peculiar and oftentimes lackadaisical manner in which he held himself and spoke to those around him did not attest to his remarkable intelligence, but Skellige knew that there was a rogue within his soul and that breathed gusts of promise. 

At the mention of the red snapper, the sea wolf tossed his ears forward and frowned thoughtfully. The fish was one that Szymon had always been quite fond of. "You must mean for Doe," he inferred with a quick tilt of his head. "I was wondering if you would be more interested in a different task..."

The dark titan took a few steps forward and lowered his skull so that he could peer at the dark brother with a rare intensity. "I've been hoping to find someone - someone that has an elusive tendency," he offered. If there was interest from Murgash, Skellige had already planned to make the task worth his while. He needed to know the flea-bitten man was invested, though. 
i better go it alone
114 Posts
Ooc —
murgash had hoped skellige might be conned into finding and catching this red snapper - if he played his cards right and feigned enough stupidity (well, some of it was outright stupidty) maybe the unsuspecting alpha might take pity and show poor ole murgy what a 'red snapper' was.. as it was, big bossman did not take the bait -- and murgash was left somewhat disappointed.

he was never one to remain crestfallen for long, and as skellige's body language shifted from somewhat tense to serious, the dark male roused himself upright and studied his leader. there was something changed about skellige's demeanor: granted, skellige always had that undeniable aura of righteous rule and power, this aura was different: it almost seemed.... bad.

cue immediate, gleeful interest in murgash. he practically shot up from his fanned position and turned his rimpled, festered ears towards skellige in anticipation. "wells - ye've came to the roight place. oi just happen to be steeped in elu-sive tendencies." it was true too -- if he hadn't perfected the art of being sneaky before he came to blackrocks, he had certainly polished off his skill lying low from doe during her pregnant-lady mood swings. after all, nothing required so much 'elusive tendency' as avoiding an angry lady who happened to have her supper unjustly stolen from her.