Hideaway Strath i've learnt long ago to hate my enemies
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Private 
i'm being vague with the bfw thing since it's still on-going. also slight pp of chusi & dakarai, if either of you would like me to change anything let me know! <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Lotte will give birth soon Arturo knows but she is not yet completely immobile and this makes his timeframe to work all that much shorter. They can move Olive and Dakarai’s little ones, he knows. It will make their progression slow and they will have to be careful, make frequent stops, ensure that the tiny infants do not freeze to death. He does not fancy having to worry about his own children in that mix. Three newborns will be in enough danger. He glimpses at @Dakarai from the corner of his eye. To move their children is a great risk but Arturo feels that to keep Teaghlaigh in Ravensblood Forest is a risk even greater. He hopes that this serves as a lesson to the star crossed, trouble making pair. A lesson …and their final warning. Perhaps that is a the reason why Arturo allows Dakarai to join him and @Chusi. So he might realize as they scout for a new territory to claim, far away from the coast and the Ravensblood that this is what he and Olive have caused. That their lives are bigger than just themselves. Their lives are tied to their children and they are tied to Teaghlaigh. Arturo is quiet as he takes point unsure exactly what it is he searches for. He wants seclusion. He wants safety. He wants a territory that is easily defended. He wants to raise his children without watching over his shoulder for the enemy. An enemy that would not even be an enemy if not for the foolish choices of few. It will take a long time for the pair to get back into Arturo’s good graces but he figures he has to allow them to start somewhere.

Their journey carries the trio south and further away from the coast. Arturo does not want to be found. He notes the scents of two different packs as the trio cuts them a wide berth and thinks that it might be in The Family’s best interest if he speaks with their leaders. Lets them know they are there and that they will offer their alliance if they want it. He will, at least, strive only to be neutral with them, if nothing else. He is tired of unpleasant surprises. First…first his priority is to get his Family moved and settled. He wants to get Lotte moved before she is encumbered by the close labor of their children. Everything else can wait. The decision is not ideal but his paw is forced and it is not just his children he thinks of. Blackfeather Woods knows where they are in the Forest. As it stands Arturo is uncomfortable with leaving Lotte so exposed, but he knows that, regardless of how reluctant Declan will take his job as bodyguard seriously. The feral Cathan is just what Arturo had wanted. It was why he had sought him out. Lotte might have protested but Arturo did not listen.

He moves west of Bonesplinter Ravine, and pauses at a narrow entry, sniffing at it. He spares a look to each of his companions before he shrugs into it and follows the path to where it opens up to a valley, an oasis nestled snugly in the middle of mountains and unforgiving earth. Secluded. Easily defended. If no one knew where to look they might pass the entrance to the Strath all together. He pushes forward, following the snake of the river as he heads towards the forest, his interest keen in his fiery gaze. Though it could easily become a prison Arturo already likes the territory. “This strath could work,” He rumbles his thoughts to his companions, glimpsing to each of them for their opinion. They would need to explore it further, together, before he would make the decision but as his tradition he is willing to hear their opinions (else he would have just come on his own).
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It was hard to get on Chusi's bad side. She was genuinely friendly and even somewhat forgiving, but what Dakarai and Olive had done was unforgiveable in her young eyes that had seen so much already. Arturo's rules were all they had to obey, and yet they had broken one of the cure ones; the family before anything else. She didn't know the full story, had yet to understand all of it, but it seems one of them would've had to be left behind. Chusi failed to understand why they had even gone to those Blackfeather Fuckers in the first place. They had put the whole pack at risk and Chusi felt that they had not gotten the punishment they deserved. Now, father wanted to go live somewhere else; away from the coast and forest that had been Chusi's assumed final home. The little lostling had forgotten how many  homes she had had and had been so happy at Ravensblood Forest. It was where she had learned - had fought for her family and all that it stood for. Dakarai and Olive had ruined it all.

Yet, in all the fuss and drama, Chusi was excited. A new, far-off home meant a whole new part of the Teekon to explore. Never had she been beyond the other mountains and she could not wait to see what lay there, hidden by dangerous peaks. There, she would scout until the whole family had the best view of their surroundings. It was not a surprise Arturo wanted her to come along on the first mission; she was his heir and oldest daughter (as far as she knew) - Lotte was pregnant and unable to travel for long. Why in the name of the Sea-God Dakarai was allowed to travel along was lost on her. Was he not the cause of all of this? What if it were some kind of trap?

They went over rivers and up slight hills to find a hidden strath of land - protected by mountains and fancied by small streams. It even had a forest - even though it was not one she had gotten used to. The trees did not bleed and everything felt new. She knew not how to feel, even less so when Arturo announced that this might be the place they would call home soon. We will have a river then... She said softly.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The fact that he was allowed to come along had Dakarai on Edge. Was there some hidden reason for it? He remained silent for the journey blue eyes never landing on either Chusi or Arturo. The Hatred and distrust coming off of Chusi both pissed him off and made him deeply sad. The girl who had once stood up for them was now seemingly his and Olive's enemy. The fact that she acted like it was his fault without even knowing the full story was grating on his nerves, for she wasn't the only one who acted as such.

Despite his heightened emotions and discomfort he was glad that Ceannasach had not thrown them out, Him,Olive and their newborn children. Even more grateful was he for the fact that they were merely demoted to a disgraced position with the chance to rise up once more. Finally they reached a strath and Dakarai's eyes lifted glancing around the seemingly safe area with hope. It wasn't beautiful or mysterious like Ravensblood forest but it was protected, and fairly well hidden. He would not voice his opinion however unless asked for it.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
By all rights Arturo should have tossed Olive, Dakarai and their newborn children out to the wolves. He should have because it occurs to him that his hesitation on doing so has made him seem weak. Arturo Fearghal does not like to appear weak. The truth is he could and would toss them out tomorrow but he knows that if he does that their children might very well die. Without a pack to support them they would not survive more than a few days, a week at most and he thinks why should the children suffer for the sins of their parents? They are innocents and it is they that will bear the brunt of Ceannasach’s wrath but that is not fair. And he will not take them as his own. He is about to have his own infants who need Lotte’s milk and attention more. The pair are on their last strike, however, and he suspects they are aware. There is a chance to redeem themselves in his eyes and in truth he is not sure what is going to be the bigger hurdle for them: winning back his trust or The Family’s as they are both of equal importance in the matter.

As he thinks, Arturo’s lips pull into a terse line. He is not sure he should have brought Dakarai along. There is hostility stewing off of Chusi towards him and Dakarai is not trusted, nor Olive. Trusted or not, however, they will be coming with Teaghlaigh on the move regardless. “I do not wish to leave Ravensblood Forest either,” He speaks to Chusi (as he misinterprets her words) but his voice carries for both to hear as they move further into the territory. “but we are not war ready and I will not see the forest run red with the blood of my children because we failed.” That would be the worse kind of torture imaginable to Arturo. To watch his children be slaughtered before his eyes and it is not something that he would put past Blackfeather Woods. “The risk it too great.” He concludes firmly. His mind will not be swayed. By all rights, he should have spoken to the Family first but their time window is short and quickly diminishing. He cannot wait until it is put to a vote. They will move and they will move now.

“I want us settled in here before Lotte gives birth,” He speaks, and as he does he brushes his body against a nearby tree, rubbing his scent and leaving a small tuft of fur behind before he trots to another tree, lifts his leg and marks it. “That gives us …maybe two weeks. Our journey will be slow, we will have to stop often for the children and for Lotte and be sure we are covering our tracks.” But he expects it to be done. “We will claim what we can to ward off loners and pack wolves that find their way here.” He speaks, subtly hinting that the pair were meant to help him stake a claim. Marking the borders was going to take time that they didn’t have right at the moment but he knows once they are moved and settled there will be plenty of time to mark out his borders.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her ears flickered at her father's response, slightly shaking her head. No, I meant'like, won't i' be dangerous fohr thah pops? She said softly, walking to a spot next to Arturo. She was not a mother (had never even thought of being one), but she was extremely protective of her unborn siblings already. She wanted to become the best big sister in the world for them. She wanted to tell them already that they were sooo extremely lucky with the family they would soon have and that they should treasure it forever. Arturo and Lotte were the best parents in the world - at least, for Chusi they were.

For the rest, she kept quiet - noiselessly following her dad to help him mark without even acknowledging Dakarai's presence.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Choosing to go in a different path then Arturo and Chusi, he helps them mark. Lifting his leg at various points, he listens to the conversation distractedly. His mind was back home in Teaghlaigh with his wife and children, wondering what types of beautifully innocent moments he was missing out on. Thoug he was distracted he was also focusing on the task at hand, knowing that this would be better for everyone though only because his stupidity and foolishness. For a brief moment his eyes darkened and he thought of the great horned beast that had fucked him over so badly just because he was trying to feed his pregnant wife.

Huffing softly he made a note that if he ever saw the herd master again, he would be the one to take him down and devour his flesh. The idea of it made him feel slightly better and he rubbed his sides against the rough bark of a tree, leaving strands of obsidian fur behind. He did not feel the muse to try to speak anymore, not just because it was no longer his place but because he felt no reason to. It would only lead to him being scolded or looked down upon at this moment, or it would deepen the little warrioress's anger and disgust with him.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
last round, maybe so we can get this show on the road? :p (haha, see what i did there?) *is lame*

Arturo notices Dakarai branch off, going a separate way then him and Chusi. Ceannasach allows it. There is mercy to be found in the gangster, but it all hinges on Olive, at the end, because the Fearghal sees that she needs to be protected, even still. He was merciful with his punishment but he didn’t need to be. There are many wolves within his ranks that think he was too merciful. Declan was one of them. The silent, feral Cathan boy was like a starving tiger that someone was dangling meat in front to torment him. It took Arturo’s skill to keep him chained, to keep him caged but it was a struggle. Whether Conan shared his brother’s beliefs Arturo did not know. Arturo himself thought he was too merciful: but that would change. He was a gangster and he had to ensure his operation ran smoothly. If The Family could not be apart of The Family, if they could not do things without endangering it then they would be cut from The Family …one way or another.

His ear flickers towards Chusi as she voices her concern, correcting him as he lifts his leg to mark another tree. “Ravensblood Forest has a river,” He points out to her. He is not terribly worried about his children drowning in it. “Your mother will not make the birthing den nor the rendezvous den near it.” Or rather choose a den close to it. As Lotte’s time drew ever nearer Arturo realized that their time frame for making a den was slim, especially with how long it would take the pack to move. They would make do, he thinks. Hopefully, Lotte would not be as picky and fussy with her birthing den as Duana was. “And when the babes are able to venture outside of the den they will be made away of the dangers of being near the river unaccompanied by an adult.” Until they were old enough not to drown, that was. “The sea is much more dangerous than a river and you are just fine, are you not?” Arturo reminds her with a fond smile, aiming to bump his shoulder against her’s. She feels so much apart of him that he almost forgets at times that she is not of his loins, that she did not come to be in Ravensblood.

“I like this Strath. It is far from the coast, it is a fortress of it’s own making. It is secluded. Hidden. It is perfect for Teaghlaigh.” It is not and will never be Ravensblood Forest but Teaghlaigh cannot remain there. Dakarai and Olive saw to it when they drug Teaghlaigh down with them. “If we are going to keep to the deadline of moving before Lotte gives birth we should begin our journey back to Teaghlaigh, prepare everyone to move within the week.” Ceannasach speaks with a command in his deep, smoky timbre. He will hear no argument. His decision is made and that is that. He is a desperate man and he loathes it but he knows he will only rest when Teaghlaigh is firmly settled and rooted here away from the threat that looms over them on the coast. “We should find Dakarai.” Arturo suggests. What they have done to mark the Strath as theirs will have to be enough for now. Arturo is eager to get back to Teaghlaigh and prepare The Family for what better be the only move they have to make.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Last post for me?

Dakarai had been on his way back, only needing a few moments of silence to gather himself. He was once again grateful to Ceannasach because he had been allowed the brief isolation. Hearing the last words from Arturo's maw he appeared before him "I wasn't far." Those were the only words he spoe before he ducked his head and turned it away, properly showing his rank by exposing his throat. The gesture made him uncomfortable because deep inside him he wondered if Arturo had ever wanted to simply dispose of him, and end the trouble. Surely he didn't blame Olive for it? it was a bitter and nasty thought yes, but sometimes he wondered how everyone seemed to hate him most of all.

It was because he had been the one to show up after being beaten by Blackfeather woods. After joining them because he was stupid and did not simply run after stepping foolishly over their borders. It was because he had been the one to ask to take Olive away on their honeymoon, and it was he who asked for breeding rights. Everything that happened to Teaghlaigh never would have happened if he hadn't shown up in the first place. Maybe it would have been better to stay away from Olive, but it couldn't be changed. The past was the past, and the now is now.