Stavanger Bay "Everything's gonna be okay, ok?"
◆If you want to, I can sHoW you, what my dReAMs are made of◆
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
All Welcome 
@Robin Because I def didn't forget.

Kyber was just enjoying his day, letting the waves of Stavanger Bay gently tickle the head of his paws. It was nice, and if this whole big water body was Atlan, then the chimera wanted to think him and Atlan were just having a nice time in eachother's company. The yearling wasn't ready nor willing to communicate with the water deity through possession just yet, but he knew deep in his heart that if Atlan was who the Elder described Atlan as, then he knew fully how comforted he was just by being so close to him, just like this.
                            BrEaK bReAk BrEaK my minD,             
                            breAk it tiLL my TaLe unWiNds,         
                            fOrcE my thoUghTs ThrOugh Hell aNd BacK,
                            oR leAVe Me heRE aLoNe to DiE. 
duck and cover
6 Posts
Ooc — Freakshow
Robin regretted wandering this far from his makeshift home. He hadn't meant to, and would have been fine with spending the entire morning curled up in some hole in the wall, but a pitiful-looking rabbit had ended up crossing his path. By the time that he'd realized how far he chased it, he found himself lost and much too far away from where he'd started. The rabbit—which had to have been exhausted, considering how far he had chased it—scampered off back away from the water, but he paid it no mind, gold eyes widening with mixed awe and fear as he stared at a figure not too far away from him. Robin backed away from the other wolf, red tail tucked between narrow legs, steps slow and quiet, as if he thought that making any sort of noise would upset it. 

After a moment of weighing what few options he had, the red boy slowly crept towards the stranger, his body low to the ground and his . He didn't let himself get too close, and more or less froze when he saw the interesting coloring that graced it's pelt. That aside, the boy —he was certain that it was a boy, now—did not look so small and harmless, but Robin told himself that'd he'd be okay for now, as long as he didn't aggravate him enough to make him gouge one of his eyes out. Hopefully. 

"H-h-hello, uh, sir," he said, forcing himself to stop staring at the ground in favor of meeting the other's green gaze. "I'm...w-well, I'm a bit l-lost, and...w-would you h-h-happen to know h-how to reach, uh..." There was a pause, as Robin decided where exactly it was he wanted to go. "Um, r-reach anywhere e-else?" A nervous chuckle slithered out of the boy's jaws.

47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Just as he came down from the soft high that being near the ocean now gave Ky, he turned to hear a new noise. Someone was approaching?...
Turning, Kyber peeked over a shoulder, innocently blinking at the little red wolf that seemed sink so lowly. Ky felt curious as to why the wolf was so submissive- he hadn't tried any of the dominating tactics that Elder had shown him, so his curiousity was surely peaked.

"Oh! Hey there," he offered, giving a reassuring smile. "There's no reason to be so low, friend, I don't have anything worth dominating over." Ky chuckled, ignoring that little quip in his mind that whispered 'Nothing other than that sweet body of mine,' and focused a kind gaze on the seemingly slave bodied fellow.

The yearling responded to the earlier asking though, with "Well, it depends...Are you lookingfor anything specific? "
duck and cover
6 Posts
Ooc — Freakshow
When the boy suddenly twisted around to look at him, Robin shrank away from him with a soft whimper, his ears flattening themselves against his skull. Coming up to this wolf had been a mistake, hadn't it? A big mistake. Quite possibly the biggest mistake of Robin's short, pitiful life. If the stranger had come all the way out here to be alone, then he doubted that he had wanted to be disturbed...and yet here Robin was, being a nuisance and bothering him with his presence. Was he annoyed with him, now? Angry at him? Would it help if he left before he could tear him to bits and pieces?

Unsure of what to do, Robin stared up at him with wide, frightened eyes, all the while trying to make himself look as small as possible. It wasn't hard, and he might as well have been digging himself a hole to curl up in, the white fur of his belly just barely brushing the ground as he crouched above it and tucked his trembling tail between his legs. To be honest, he half-expected him to start yelling at him, but....he didn't?

"There's no reason to be so low, friend, I don't have anything worth dominating over." the boy had said, and Robin looked down at his paws, not knowing what to say to that. Was it rude? Had he offended him without meaning to? Confusion fluttered across his face and his brows drew closer together. 

He paused, then rose from the ground a little bit, though he still looked frightened and anxious. He didn't want to say the wrong thing and make this stranger angry with him, if he could avoid it. 

"Uh, w-well, I, um, not r-really. I...j-just don't really l-like water, a-although I don't really l-ike anything, s-so, um I j-just wanted to get a-away from h-ere I guess, but um..." Robin trailed off, realizing he'd been rambling, and pushed his ears back against his head, an embarassed look in his eyes.

"S-sorry."
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
I'm in so much love with this guy umf

Kyber had no idea what to do to ease this guy of whatever made it apparent in his head that he needed to slink so lowly. He kind of jut sat there, blinking like a confused bird.
Pulling himself together, Ky listened to the reply, and laughed softly.

"Well atleast you know what you don't like. I don't even knwo what I do like."

Kyber was happy he was making a start atleast in getting the anxious wolf closer to away from the ground, so with a friendly sweep of his tail, Ky offered, "Have you eaten anything? We can maybe go get food or something. That might make you feel better."

^_^
duck and cover
6 Posts
Ooc — Freakshow
ahhh <333
loki is pretty cute himself ;)

"W-well, I guess s-so. I'm n-not really s-sure I l-like anything a-anyway, though..."  Mountains. Robin liked mountains; the ones from his home. He wasn't as skilled as most wolves were; he couldn't hold his own in a fight or sling venemous words around, and was all but useless when it came to hunting something larger than a rabbit.

But he could climb.

He learned the basics from his father when he was a pup. For him and his brothers, it had been their first real instance of training—a mere taste of the grueling days and long, sleepless nights that were to come. And whenever they complained about the cuts and bruises and the small rocks that wound up lodged between their toes, their mother would remind them of the mothers she knew whose own pups had died in the mountains—pups who'd never been taught to climb, who'd slipped and fallen and broken their necks. Not wanting to end up like them, Robin had pushed himself a bit harder than his brothers, and within a few months he could scale the mountains even faster than Pan. 

Robin was quiet for a moment as he thought back to the days where he was still with his family; where his brothers still lived. He was drawn from his thoughts with a jolt as he realized the other wolf had spoken to him, and his gold eyes grew wide for a moment.

At the unexpected invitation, Robin's mouth dropped open in awe. Someone wanted to do something with him? For fun? This wasn't a trick, right? Some sort of set up?

After a moment of silence, he shook his head, and a nervous smile pulled at his lips. "T-that's actually k-kind of t-the reason I'm h-ere... A, uh, a r-rabbit led me to you, I guess. B-but I didn't c-catch it." Robin raised his head and the rest of his body slowly, standing in a somewhat normal position now, although he looked as though he would dash off in the blink of an eye. 
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Chu the sweetest <4

Ky was all too happy to see the wolf heighten himself, and even more wags from his banner wafted through the saltine air.

"I found out Ilike the ocean, now. Apparently theres a God who is the ocean, and Elder @Axolotl showed me how kind he is through a commune. His name is Atlan, and he's really nice."

Kyber thought about the rabbit that skidded away, and looked down almost child like to see if there was any way he could just give the rabbit to the new friend he just made. Well, the rabbit was obviously not here, which sucked, but Ky had gotten a good idea.

"Maybe we can get you some food, then. Are you hungry?"

It was that moment the yearling realized he didn't give his name to the friend.
Cheerily, he gave him the title. "I'm Kyber! What's your name? I'm sorry I didn't ask earlier, I was just too caught up worrying about you not having any food, I suppose."
duck and cover
6 Posts
Ooc — Freakshow
Robin listened to his new friend [were they friends? Robin was actually unsure, but hopeful nonetheless. He didn't think he'd ever had a friend before] quietly, his head cocked to the side. "A-a g-god? I-I've never m-met a god before." A look of amazement was sketched over his face, golden eyes wide and his mouth slightly agape. 

As another question was sent his way, Robin's ears lifted and cupped forwards, and his stomach just happened to growl at the mention of food. "Um...I-If it's n-not too much t-trouble I mean. I don't w-want t-to be a bother or a-anything," Robin stuttered out, his head shrinking lower once again, his chin dipping down so low it was nearly brushing against the ground. 

Robin intended on staying silent again, but as the wolf introduced himself as Kyber and then asked for his own name, he decided being quiet wasn't an option. "M-me? You want t-to know my n-name?" He looked truly surprised for a moment. "I, uh, I'm R-robin. You shouldn't h-have to worry about m-me too m-much."
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
'Just as skittish as the bird itself,' Kyber pondered.

"Atlan is nice. He get's a bit angry sometimes, but who doesn't, you know? For the most part, he's pretty calm. "

Ky waved a paw, dismissing the ideal of Robin being any trouble. It was crazy to think someone like this guy could be any trouble. He was farrrr too sweet to be anything like that. The yearling jovially remarked, "You're perfectly okay, Robin, I promise. I'm hungry too, if it helps, and ground food is alot of trouble; more trouble than you are. I like swimming alot, and maybe I can teach you how nice it is to swim. There's food in waters, like fish, and they are easy to catch. Rabbits take alot of running, and they hide easy."

Ky thought about taking Robin inside of the sea to hunt, but Atlan seemed to read his mind, and send a more forceful wave his way. The colder seawater rushed against his ankles, prompting him to move forward in the adventure. Nodding, Kyber accepted the merciful 'no' and barked to Robin.

"I don't think Atlan is ready to meet you, yet. Might need more introduction, one day or something. But there's alot of ponds and lakes around, and they have great fish. The bigger they are, the slower they are, and the easier they are to catch! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it."
duck and cover
6 Posts
Ooc — Freakshow
sorry this is late! I have summer school rip

Kyber told Robin that he wasn't any bit of trouble, though his doubts and fears didn't leave him, seeming content to remain not too far from the forefront of his mind. "I-I, um, o-okay,"  came his stuttered reply. "Swimming, uh, s-swimming sounds f-fun." The red boy nodded twice in quick succession, as though to persuade Kyber that'd he'd like it, and perhaps persuade himself in the process. He'd never been in water before, but what could go wrong?

A lot of things, that's what.

What if he drowned? What if he wasn't any good at swimming? What if Kyber decided he was useless, or what if a huge fish came up and devoured him?  What if-

Robin was yanked out of his paranoid thoughts and 'what ifs' when Kyber spoke up again, letting him know that Atlan was not ready to meet him. Had he done something wrong? What if the god hated him? What if Kyber hated him? The boy's head lowered to the ground, his chin near enough to lick the dirt below him, before he realized he was once again going back into the position Kyber had told him he needn't be in. Not wanting to anger the other, Robin swallowed as much of his discomfort as he could and raised his head, resisting the overwhelming urge to shrink away from the boy, right then and there.

"A-ah, f-f-fishing? Y-you...you would t-take me fishing?" Unbeknownst to him, his own tail gave an excited twitch, briefly thumping against the ground.