Swiftcurrent Creek Grant me Mercy please
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Fox sorry it took me til evening to get this up

Jace was pacing back and forth from one stretch of small earth to the next. His ire was up and he was unsure what to do. It was time to tell Fox about his rages and there was a very good chance he would no longer be part of the pack. Perhaps he should get Bazi to vouch for him, no he was a grown up now he needed to face this like a man after all it wasn't as if he ever omitted it from her, she was not the one who had welcomed him into ranks. Granted he should have told Jinx and in all honestly he would have, if it hadn't been for Ira dogging his steps.

He also needed to speak with her about searching for a last name, but he wasn't even sure if he should after he told her about his infliction. he sighed and sat down his large head hanging down as he contemplated on what to do.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
No big! I'll probably be slow for the next few days while I'm moving. :)

Fox drifted throughout the heart of Swiftcurrent's claim. It was saturated with the smell of wolves—her wolves—and she smiled at the thought of it. Her pack was a strong one, and she could only see it getting stronger. While she planned to claim no more, she would not rule out such a thing. Her thoughts lingered on her comrades, on the loss of Bones, and on Tuwawi's children that would soon arrive into the world. She barely remembered her own younger siblings, as she had been skipping town right around that time.

Her thoughts were yanked from those members of Swiftcurrent when she spotted Jace, looking surprisingly conflicted about something or another. For a moment, Fox considered just pivoting and going back the way she came... but she knew that was not really the "leaderly" thing to do. So, with a deep breath, she approached him. “Hey Jace. Something going on? You look a little… well, not great.”
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace looked up and saw Fox realizing that he couldn't run off now with his tail between his legs even if he wanted too. He sighed a sigh so heavy it sounded as if it came from deep within his guts and worked it's way up. Really it was his heart cracking he figured as he tried to do the right thing, but it made him seem wrong broken.

He stood swiftly, but tucked his body into a submission position after all she was his leader and he spoke quietly I have something that needs said Fox, but it may make me seem like I am crazy. he did not know how else to lead into this, he would tell her the truth and take his consequences if there were any.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Well, that was... disconcerting. Still, Fox knew it would be better to listen than to ignore him, and so she settled onto her haunches, ears pricked forward. “Go for it,” she replied. There was very little that could surprise her at this point, but she was also still quite young. Perhaps whatever Jace was about to say really would cause her to be flabbergasted.

In the few moment she waited, Fox tried to imagine what could shock her, but she supposed that if she had thought of it already, it probably wasn't going to shock her in the first place. Whatever it was, Jace sure did seem pretty worked up about it.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace saw her settle in for the long haul and sighed a little bit i nrelief, if she was willing to listen after he started with i may be crazy it might not bode so badly. He tilted his head and gave her a small shy smile and then began.

I'm not made right Fox there's something in me that is dark and scary and bad. That's the only way I know how to put it. My father was an assassin a military guard he did terrible things, but only to save his sister he would go into these blood frenzy's in the middle of a battle and not know what he was doing or who he was killing just that he was. I'm the same way, I have been able to control it up to this point and I'm still learning, but I wanted yo uto be aware of it for the simple fact that I am dangerous as are all wolves, but i'm worse. He sighed well he botched that pretty badly and he was pretty sure he went to fast and he would have to remedy that, but maybe she could pick tidbits out and he could elaborate on or maybe she'd just kill him here and now or send him packing.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox had to use all of her willpower not to laugh in his face. Instead, her expression remained cool, calm, and collected. Still, she wasn't about to be dishonest just because it would make him feel bad. She just had to do this as delicately as possible so not to make him feel like some kind of weirdo. “Jace, I think you’re probably thinking way too hard about this. For one thing, you’re not your father. Don’t let whatever he did shape who you are.” Fox didn't hold much weight in blood relatives to begin with.

“That, uh, ‘blood frenzy’ is something everybody gets. It’s called being a wolf. Hell, even I get that shit. It’s what keeps us alive when we’re in danger. I’d be worried if you lacked it, quite frankly. You say you're worse, but I don't buy it. Most of us have been in situations where killing is the only option. You've seen me give the order with no remorse, and I don't think you were here at the time, but we slaughtered a cougar simply because I didn't like it walking all over our hunting grounds.”

“You’ve been a wonderful addition to the ranks, so don’t let something as silly as this get to you. You’re perfectly normal and fine.”
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He listened to her knowing it was entirely possible that she was laughing at him. In retrospect who wouldn't after all he sounded like a crazy wolf half an inch from madness. He knew he was worse prone to dark rages and anger. No Fox I'm not like you and the others I black out. When I get angry enough it takes hold and I honestly do not know what I am doing? WHich is why I try very very hard not to get angry or at least not angry enough to hurt someone. I know it probably seems foolish to you, but I need you to know about it. I feel better knowing that you know.

He looked at her and spoke quietly However I do hope you're right Fox I really do. I do want to point out regardless of that my father is a good man.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Just a tiny, trivial nitpick, but Jace wouldn't be able to tell that she was laughing at him on the inside. Don't worry about changing your post. :)

"It's all in your head, Jace. I don't believe what you're talking about even exists. Everybody is responsible for their own actions. If you kill somebody, you are responsible. Not some made-up bullshit about how you have some hidden demon inside you." As for his father, Fox didn't really care what kind of a wolf he was. He wasn't around, so it didn't matter. If Jace killed one of his own, that would be on him, and him alone. No amount of pleading insanity would work in his favor. From what Fox had seen, Jace was perfectly sane.

"Is that all that's bugging you?" she asked, wondering if there were other things on the dark wolf's mind. Fox would never be a terrible personable leader. She just wasn't that kind of wolf. However, she did understand the value of listening. It just meant that whoever was talking wasn't going to get any kind of special treatment.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'll edit it anyway because that is not what I was trying to say. I was trying to edit it already and do it quickly and I messed that part up. I was trying to convey that he would figure that people/wolves would laugh at him, because well it makes him sound insane...lol. As a little back bit...i was trying to base this on those rages that some people have where they black out..just fyi so it is a real thing in real life didn't want you thinking i was trying to be all fantasy and stuff.

Jace listened to her and when she spoke about it being in his head, he quickly looked down wondering if he truly was crazy and he just couldn't see it. Perhaps he was a psycho and he just didn't know it and thought he was normal. That could be possible right, but then his dad would also have to be crazy and well that would just totally ruin his entire image of his father. No he refused to believe that at all. So he would not talk about it anymore, just work on it, on his own. Okay Fox I'll try and work through this, I'm sorry to have bothered yo uwith it. Truth be told Jace always felt bad involving others in his life, it could complicate things or make things worse so he wore most of his emotions and thoughts close to the breast.

Jace looked up and gave a half hearted smile, The next part isn't so weird..i just am on a journey to find a last name. My family is like that every male goes on a journey to find himself and find his last name. I was hoping to let you know and if you happe nto think of something that you think would suit I would like to hear it. After all you are going to be able to see some of my flaws better than me as are most others. He tilted his head then and looked back down to the ground, s oas to not offend.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Ah, that makes sense! And Fox is just kind of dumb and doesn't believe things. :P

Fox shrugged off his apology, if only because she did not feel it was necessary. Jace went on to talk about the second thing that was bothering him. He spoke of wanting a last name, and how he was on some kind of mission to find it. Fox was devoid of a last name, but she knew that, if her chosen had a last name, she would take that. It was true of all the girls in her family. She was well aware that Swiftcurrent was made up of plenty of individuals from various backgrounds, so hearing Jace's journey for a name was not shocking to her at all.

She pondered on this for a moment, wondering if she would have any insight as to what his name might be that he had been seeking. Most of the wolves where she came from where named after what they appeared to be, and she allowed herself to take in Jace's appearance on a deeper level just then. His coat was the color of the deepest, darkest night, but she did not really think that "night" was a very good name at all. “What about Ice Raven?” she asked. His eyes were the color of ice, and his coat the color of a raven's feathers. Plus, it sounded pretty badass.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yepper omg that name makes me giggle and it could be a pseudo if he ever goes on a journey that he needs secretive stuff to do with :)

Jace chuckled to himself at Fox's shrug. She was a very laid back individual. He wondered briefly what it would be like to be that laid back. He didn't think he could do it even if he tried. he wore his emotions far to close to himself. He was a sensitive wolf, not that he would ever tell anyone and risk being laughed at or taken advantage of.

Jace shifted and listened and spoke the name outloud, Jace Ice Raven. What you think? Does it work? He raised an eyebrow at her waiting to hear if the name fit together well.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
“Hmmm,” she hummed, not quite sure that she liked it all together. “Maybe just drop the ‘Jace’ part. Or maybe just ‘Jace Raven.'” It seemed pretty clear by this point that she was terrible at giving others last names. “Maybe this decision would be better left to somebody else?” she half-asked. “I mean, if you don’t like that one.” And Fox hardly thought that he would like it.

“What happens if you can’t find the name you’re looking for?” she asked, genuinely curious. Would he just give up on it? Would he pick a name for himself? Would he just keep asking those around him until he found one that suited him? Fox patiently awaited the answer.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled quietly at her but by no means meanly. I'll try it out and see whether i like it or not for sure. He didn't actually mind it really, it wasn't a bad name just different and his first name kind of got in the way, but there was no way that the male would drop his first name. That was a gift from his parents and he kept it for that reason, and besides his name kind of had grown on him by now.

He shrugged his shoulders he had never thought of it. All the males had always managed ot get one. Well I guess I would have to get one myself then. I haven't really thought that far ahead truthfully, I probably should have.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Last post for me!

Fox replied with a simple, “Huh.” Taking in a deep breath and surveying her surroundings for a moment, she turned back to Jace. “Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.” Fox was much better at things regarding physical strength, speed, and prowess. She'd never been particularly good at conversation or thinking of things off the top of her head. Then again, she had gotten better over the past few months, if only because she had to get better.

“I think I’m going to go down by the creek and take a nap. Wanna come with?” she asked. It was a good way to finish off the afternoon. Even if he declined, she'd still go on without him. She just figured it would be polite to invite him along if he wanted to go.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled No Problem at least you tried and that is all that matters. Jace was fine with the fact that her suggestions had fallen flat. It took time and a great event usually to find his name, at least that was what his father had told him and his father's word he trust above anyone else's. He shook his pelt once and then shook his head at her next question. No thanks Fox I think I'll do some more hunting fill the caches a bit more. With that he dipped his muzzle to her in respect and turning tail ran off to find some food for the caches as he had said.