Moonspear take me down to the beach, by the coconut tree
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
Galaxy partook in breakfast today, although she took very small bites and chewed slowly. She hadn't eaten very much at all by the time she declared herself finished and prowled away from the feeding place to roam the rendezvous site. There was still so many nooks and crannies to explore, although the pup found her energy sapping quickly and eventually flopped beside a small mill pond near a copse of spruces.

She didn't realize she'd fallen asleep until she started awake sometime later. Yawning and stretching, Galaxy pushed onto all fours and then bent over the small tarn, lapping up the brackish water to chase away the cottonmouth. When she slaked her thirst, she blinked groggily at her surroundings. According to some of her older, wiser relatives, she could tell time by the sun's position in the sky. But while she'd slept, the welkin had grown cloudy and the breeze frisking through the spruce needles promised rain.

Hoping for someone she doesn't know well (or at all)! @Rouge @Terance @Tryphon
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge was retracing her steps, going back to where she had accompanied Charon's pups to their rendenzous site. The cooling air and darkening sky was soothing for her and relaxing. On her way through she came across one of Charon's pups, something she may have unconsciously been hoping for. She looked around to see if any other wolves were around before approaching. She wasn't sure why she decided to look around. There was nothing wrong with her visiting, was there?

She walked up slowly and straight on, to make sure the pup knew she was comming and to not accidently scare her. "Hello little one."

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
There was no way to tell the time, not that Galaxy actually knew the correlations between the position of the sun and time of day. She smacked her lips slowly, still waking up from the unplanned nap, and felt her belly gurgle and pinch with hunger. Before she could ponder whether or not she should eat something, a black figure glided toward her. Galaxy recognized the she-wolf from the other day, when the Alphas had moved their offspring to this very rendezvous site.

Although there was part of Galaxy—the innocent, growing child—that wanted to playfully refute her pack mate's use of the term "little," another part of her deeply enjoyed the comment. This lady thought she was little, not a fat head. The youngster's tail began to wave, swaying her slender hips, and she smiled at the vaguely familiar Eta.

"Hi," she chirped. "I remember you from the other day." But if she'd learned the woman's name, she forgot it now. "What's your name again?" Galaxy asked shamelessly even as a fat raindrop splattered right between her mismatched eyes.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge was happy to know that Galaxy had remembered her from the other day. Even if it was just enough to remember what she looked like and not what her name was. Rouge didn't take it personally, some pups were often too preocupied with other things to remember somethings. "My name is Rouge." she said reminding her of her name.

Rouge took a seat wanted to be on a closer level the Galaxy. Rouge's phrasing and attitude changes highly when she's in the presence of only younger wolves. Seeing such inoccence always seemed to bring a smile to her face, thinking of how perfect they all were. Coupled with her own troubled past made her want to protect them and be close to them. Which is something that Charon had emphasized was he had wanted all the member of the pack to do. 

"Are you liking the rendezvours site." she asked lowering her head to Galaxy's level.

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Oh yeah!" Galaxy piped up when Rouge provided her name. She grinned sheepishly at the adult, then blinked hard when yet another droplet splashed against the bridge of her muzzle. "I like it a lot," she declared, eyes lifting skyward, "but I think we should find shelter. Here!" She gestured a leg at the nearby cluster of spruces right before diving beneath their ultramarine boughs.

"Do you like it here?" the pup wondered as Rouge (presumably) joined her. As far as she knew, everyone in the pack had made the move to settle at the rendezvous site.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge hadn't minded the occasional rain droplet, but thought it was nice that Galaxy thought to get shelter. Rouge thought that most pups would have played in the rain and ignored the thought of shelter. It wasn't the hardest thing to think of, but it was a step in Rouge's mind. It made her think of how she needed to find shelter as a pup.

Rouge trotted behind Galaxy and crouched down beside her when she decided on a spruce tree for shelter. When Rouge was asked if she liked the site aswell she thought back to the first day she was in the pack. Charon had explained that the site was more in the mountains then in the more forested area. Rouge prefered more wooded areas, but she didn't want to be negative so she said, "I do like it. I especially like the tree you have picked out for us."

Rouge then as a side not remembered that Galazy had wanted to hear a story about a bear. Rouge had a story though it was rather uneventful and she didn't know how entertaining it would be if Galaxy did decide she wanted to listen to it. "Has your father told you a bear story yet?" she asked in somewhat of a hinting voice.

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The puppy hadn't given much thought to her choice of shelter, though when Rouge expressed her favor of the tree, Galaxy glanced upward. The spruces in this copse weren't green like other trees, but instead a pretty blueish hue. They were rather rotund and squat, though this one in particular had about a foot's clearance beneath its lowest branches, where the two of them currently took cover. The strange leaves—which reminded Galaxy of fangs—were fragrant, especially in the rain.

"I like this tree too," she declared after a beat, eyes dropping back to her pack mate's face. "Maybe—" she began to say when Rouge inquired about stories. Galaxy's face immediately lit up and she forgot what she was going to ask as she excitedly replied, "No, do you have one? I wanna hear!" She shifted a little restlessly where she had settled beneath the spruce boughs. "I miss Kala," she admitted quietly.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Galaxy seemed intreged and wanted to listen to Rouge's story, but before Rouge had a chance Galaxy mentioned a Kala. Rouge had joined the pack after the whole situation with Kala had occured and so she hadn't heard of it before. Not knowing who she was or what relationship they held with Galaxy, Rouge thought to ask, unaware of any bad feeling that may come up because of the question. "Who is Kala?"

Rouge would tell her story but she wanted to know who this Kala was before they got too into it.

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The pup licked her lips when Rouge asked about Kala. She hadn't spoken of the bear since her rescue, nor had her parents. Galaxy couldn't say how she knew, she just understood that it was a taboo subject. She felt a little trepidation as she peered at Rouge, though it was too late now to take back her words. At least the Eta didn't seem upset or anything.

"Kala was a bear who rescued me when I fell. She took care of me. She sang to me." She hadn't fed the youngster, and that memory was painful for Galaxy. But in the end, she hadn't held it against Kala. She had done her best, the pup felt. "I don't know what happened to her," she whispered, although she had a feeling. She could probably ask her parents but the puppy decided she would rather not know.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sorry for the late reply

Galaxy went on to talk about a bear that had apparently saved her from falling. Rouge was surprised. She was expecting to hear about a wolf, for some reason she thought it was going to be a younger wolf. Rouge never really thought of a bear as a creature that would be caring towards a wolf. But she didn't think they were dispicibale creatures either. Somewhat similar to them, bigger and more solo. She tended to just ignore them and let them and her go their seperate ways.

She would have asked further questions but it seemed to hit a sensitive spot with Galaxy. Rouge wasn't sure if she should tell her story or not. Nothing really happened other then a glance and then her proceeding to walk away. She though she could have taught her a lesson about staying clear of them, but it seemed Galaxy wouldn't like that advise and would rather be social with one with her past experience. 

"She sounds very nice." Rouge wouldn't go as far as to think that no bear could be nice to a wolf, especially one that seemed to have helped a younge pup.

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She nodded mutely, fighting back a sigh. She would never forget Kala, even though the bear had nearly cost her her life. She had meant well. Even Galaxy, young as she was (especially at the time) could tell that.

"What about your story?" she asked, settling in a bit more and giving Rouge an expectant look.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
It seemed as though Rouge wasn't going to get away without telling her story. Though she felt bad that this story wouldn't have any real action. In the moment it had been a simple interaction or rather an avoidance on her part, but for the sake of entertainment she would liven it up. She took a deep breathe to get into character as it were and looked at Galazy. "Ok." she began her voice inbetween the tone of telling a tale and a ghost story.

"It was a beautiful day and I was at a river stalking the water for fresh fish. The water was cool, refreshing and full of life." she set the scene. "I managed to catch a fish and was eating it on the sandy shore when another wolf appeared. The oldest wolf I have ever seen." not true but possibly amusing. "As we began to speak he began bestowing upon me his great words of wisdom." that part was true. At the time she though less so but looking back now she could see how smart he had been.

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
There was something very soothing about Rouge's voice. Galaxy let her chin drop to her paws but kept her ears pricked to listen. The soft rush of rain made for a good backdrop for the story, especially considering the watery theme. She waited for mention of a bear, though Rouge only spoke of an old wolf.

When Rouge paused, Galaxy's two-toned eyes rolled up to look at her. "And?" her face seemed to say. The angle made her eyes ache, so she let her gaze drop back to a more earthen level. She stared out at the rain falling, the boughs shivering at the edges of her vision. Without even realizing it, her eyes slowly drooped and closed, though she kept an ear out for the second part of her pack mate's tale.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

She watched as the young pup went to lay down and lower her head onto her paws, looking up at Rouge with eyes telling her that she wanted to hear more. Rouge felt alittle bad, her story wasn't going to have that exciting of an ending and most of it was going to be filler, but she though at least that was better then nothing which is where her father had given her at the time of the sites move. 

So she continued her story, still holding of on revealing the bear saying, "Me and him had very different ideas of what we waned in life at the time. He was looking to join a pack and I was strongly against doing so." she thought back to that day reliving what he had told her so long ago. "But we both agreed that you can be happy in or out of a pack as long as you have friends to keep you company." she said trying to squeaze in a small life lesson in place of an exciting action story.

"But then our conversation stopped......." she made a long pause for dramatic effect. "We saw it. A massive male grizzly bear."

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The story was a little dry for Galaxy, though it did get her pondering: why was Rouge here if she didn't want to be in a pack? What kind of wolf didn't want to be part of a pack anyway? The pup couldn't imagine trying to live by herself, away from her family and her home.

A raindrop on her nose prompted a little sneeze from her before she resettled her chin on her paws. She was feeling a little sleepy and her eyes began to droop again, only to fly open again at the mention of a massive grizzly bear. Like Kala? she thought, though she didn't say this out loud.

Mind if we work on wrapping this? I'm trying to pare down her threads. :)
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

The little pup was beginning to look sleepy as he eye lids were strugging to stay open. She thought of finishing her story early, but then the pup's interests peaked again when she mentioned the grizzly bear. The rain was lighten up, but it was still drizzing and rather chill. This was the part of the story that would be rather under whelming. "He must have been attracted to the smell of fish, from my earlier catch. With food involved we didn't want to stick around and see what could happen, so we decided to give him some space and we went on with our day."

Her story was now over and even though it wasn't the most exciting, at least it had a bear in it, which is what Galaxy wanted.

180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Galaxy didn't know the word "anticlimactic," so she didn't have a word to describe her feelings toward Rouge's tale, other than possibly "boring." Of course, she wouldn't say that out loud. In fact, the child said nothing further at all. As Rouge finished her story, the pup began to drift, lulled by the sound of the rain and the cool breeze sifting through the spruce boughs.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

Galaxy didn't respond, a compination of a not so entertaining story and the soothing noise of the water hitting the ground. Rouge watched as her eyes struggles to stay open and finally found thier final resting place, closed over her eyes. She looked down at her and then out from under the tree. Watching everything slowly become covered in rain, giving everything a slighly darker coloration. 

She allowed the sound to soother her to rest as she became more accustom to few drops finding a way to sneak through the branches abover her and land on her pelt. Compared to the conditions all around them, Galaxy had found a pretty good place for them to find shelter. She might have gone off into the rain if the pup wasn't with her, but she didn't think it would be the best idea leave her on her own. So she forced herself to calm down and ready herself for a short nap.

fade...?