Blackfeather Woods you're a mercurial man john
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
All Welcome 
maaaaybe @Kotake?

He wakes up to white-hot agony striking his face, knowing exactly what causes it. The gash has reopened once again, and he sniffs about his current den for the herbs his mother prescribed to him for the pain. Without it, he has never felt something more excruciatingly painful and dulling out the pain to a bearable level has been his routine since the blemish occurred. It has made him weak, in a sense, but it has not slowed him from conducting business per usual. What he means is, it will not stop him from exacting the revenge that is due to the three women who opposed him that day, regardless of any theory that he is broken; he is not. The gash itself oozes out a blood-filled pus, the result of a tamed infection that he can only wait out its course. He is yet to explain to many exactly how he earned the crack in his visage, but yet, he is hesitant to do so. He would not even boast pride over defeating Rannoch; it was a mistake he paid for and was unwilling to recount in full. What mattered now was to simply wait, wait for what the Three Fates had next. He is sure that with diligence, Hydra (though he does not know her name) would be able to find his home, and that is what concerned him. There were those he cared for within the dark woods, those who he insists will not be touched by the bounty set out on him alone. But he knows simply wishing they will not return for what is left of him does nothing to stop them, and so he prepares himself, promising that this next time, he will not be bested upon his own borders. They will have to dare to enter the dark woods if they wish for a fight, and if they are stupid enough to do so, the advantage will be at his hand.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
156 Posts
Ooc — ghostwriter
Later.

He does not need to search for her. Kotake yearns to know what had caused this mark upon her brothers features, and also desired to treat it. Her heart is angry for him and for his hurt. Regardless of whether or not he deserved it meant nothing to the perhaps too proud Kotake. The Melonii name meant something. It was not to be mocked. She was certain that Vaati had dealt with whoever had done this to him, but Kotake, cruelly, desired to strike a blow herself. Let them remember their name, let them respect it. Let it cause them to shake like a brittle leaf in the fall wind; let it cause them to sink to the earth and submit to its very mention.

She seemed to materialize from the shadows, though perhaps he would have known she lingered. It is not without affection—though purely of the sisterly sort—that she looks to him. I know I have been quiet lately, she confesses, but it was only to learn. Mother has said that in silence, I will come to know all that I must. But you must know, I care. I want whoever did this to you to hurt for it, her eyes grow cold as she thinks of the revenge she would like to put forth. Perhaps Vaati did not care, but she would not pretend. The cold bitch only did not care for those not of her name, but those that bore it had her utmost devotion.
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
The display of true concern coming from a sister he truthfully barely knows is one that surprises him, even more so when she confesses a desire to strike her own revenge on those who had harmed him, for him. He is concerned for her, that she will attempt something she is not prepared for. He has seen the Cerberus fight and felt their experience... Kotake has spent the first seven months of her life making friends with the shadows. If they come for him, and when they do, Kotake will be far away from their reach, but he does not tell her that. Vaati offers her a subtle smile, leaning in to swipe his tongue across her cheek. "Soon, Kotake," He assures her softly, leaning into her ear. The fate he has brought upon himself if shared with him and him alone, but he does not disagree.

The Cerberus and the pack from which they come will be slaughtered in its entirety, if not now, then weeks, months, years into the future if need be. If it means killing off their children while they sleep, Vaati doesn't care. "They will pay, they always do," His brow quirks with a certain knowing, cynical humor. Perhaps he had made a mistake that day of messing with the three dark women, but they had made a fatal error in underestimating him, and how far he is prepared to go should they threaten his life once more. He pulls away from his sister, not expecting her to be happy with his answer. She wants blood, he can see it in her eyes, but he does not feed her desires nevermind utilize her devoted ideals, he is not a complete monster to take advantage of her bloodlusted state though had she been any other, he'd make a pawn out of her.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
156 Posts
Ooc — ghostwriter
Soon, he tells her.

She grimaces. Soon is not enough. Perhaps he does not tell her because he cares for her, but it is her care for him that causes her to thrust herself far from her comfort zone. The shadows have taught her much. And she would learn more before fighting the very battle he had. And who said she would fight fair? Kotake would poison the witch who left this mark upon his person.

I want to help, she pressed, her two-toned eyes cool as she collected herself.

Though typically the girl was patient, the most patient of them, she could not help but feel irate here and now. Though he had a point... the Melonii's would remember. All the same, Kotake wanted to see it done. She wanted to take down the enemy. What can I do, she inquired. Would Vaati not do the same for her? Kotake believed that he would. Not for their brother, no—she knew there was little, if any, love shared between them. And though Kotake left many questions for her own devotion in the months past, she had returned from the shadows to reveal her loyalty.

It would always and forever be to the Melonii, first and foremost. And then to their woods.