Wheeling Gull Isle Are you guys still around?
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
All Welcome 
AW! :D

The water surrounding this territory couldn't be better for the teenager with memory loss. Tapat sat by the edge of the sea. He didn't know that his birthday past recently. He was officially an adult now. Yet, Tapat still felt like a youngster. He felt like a teenager or even less than that. He heavily relied on the other wolves around him. But with the absence of Hemlock, Tapat was growing lonely.

He never had this before since he couldn't remember who were his friends. But now after 1 year of life his long-term memory, which was working perfectly, remembered the wolves that touched him close to his heart. Where was his mama? Where was his papa? Where was Astik? Tapat didn't smell them around this territory. Had they left him? And what about Lagan? He was also gone. He couldn't smell the boy. He knew that he was at the Caldera but he didn't know where that was.

Tapat whined softly. Where did all those wolves go? Why did he only have Hemlock left? The cold sea rolled over his paws, startling him a bit. What if he was trapped here and he would never see all of those other wolves? He missed them.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
To be honest, she had believed taking the role of Beta would involve more talking, but she had barely even seen anyone around. Still, she did not slack off - especially since she had nothing else to do, she busied herself with marking borders, hunting, and doing all the tasks she had set herself. The tasks a Beta would usually be expected to do, only with less interaction when it came to other wolves. Not that she hadn't spoken with some recently, for it hadn't been all that long since she had sparred with Stockholm. Faeryn was doing what she could when it came to the pack, and as for today she had decided that getting to know the other members here would be a good idea. So she padded around, ears perked and a small smile on her face. Life wasn't bad, she had to say - better than it had been in other packs she'd been a part of. This place, she had already begun to fall in love with it and its quirks. The sea, something she'd never seen until arriving here, was also very fascinating and she often found herself sitting in the sunset, watching as the tide came in or out. It was most interesting.

However, quite similar to the boy she spotted by the edge of the blue depths, she didn't really have anyone. Not family, and the only wolves she considered friends here would probably be Stockholm and Ceolacanth. But it had always been like that - the blue wolfess had always been independant, relying on herself to survive and working through problems by herself. Losing all her family as a child was something not many would live through (not at such a young age), but she had the will to survive, and was lucky enough to be at the age where she'd jsut learned to hunt. It had just got her through, and now here she was. Alive and well, with a pack she finally was settled in. Even if it needed some work.

This boy seemed lonely. The Beta heard him whine, although it was quiet from where she stood. He was younger than her, she knew, but his exact age was unknown to her - he seemed like a yearling at the very least. Faeryn approached at a slow pace, chuffing a greeting so he knew she was there. Hopefully this would be someone she might be able to get to know - who knew, maybe they could even find comfort in each other. "Hey," she greeted, still lighted by a smile. "I'm Faeryn, you can call me Fae if you like... I don't think we've met." And with that she walked a little closer, sitting down beside him - not too close, but close enough for them to be able to talk without having to raise their voices. "You... You looked lonely, so I thought I might come over and say hello. You don't mind, do you?" Perhaps he wanted to be left alone, if something specific was bothering him. Some wolves (she herself being one of them) like to be alone with their thoughts sometimes. It was easier to concentrate. But maybe he wanted some company - might as well try.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat looked out over the sea. He wasn't sure how to get off this piece of land. He would stay here until Hemlock would leave. He was loyal to her. After all, he even followed her while that would mean he would never see Lagan again. Tapat knew that if he would look for the boy he would forget and lose his way. Which meant he would be completely alone again.

The pale boy looked up with a hint of surprise when he heard the chuff. He didn't remember the female, she wasn't familiar to him. Then again, it wasn't really a surprise for him. He turned towards her and wagged his tail. Tapat was always friendly. He never bared his teeth to anyone, really. He disliked the concept of being alone. His ears swiveled forward when she started to talk. She seemed nice. "I'm Tapat!"

Tapat shook his head. "I don't mind!," he spoke with a cheerful smile on his lips. Did he look lonely? It was probably was because he was thinking of all the wolves he missed. "Um. Sort of. I was thinking of all the wolves that aren't here, and I don't know why. It was strange because before I couldn't remember anyone but my parents... But now I am older and I do remember all the wolves that aren't here," he stated.

Tapat looked thoughtful for a while. It was quite a conceptual concept for the teenager. Tapat didn't feel like an adult. He would forget things. It made him feel stupid. He looked at the female and then realized that what he had said might be weird. "I can't remember things well, only when they are repeated a lot," he explained. He looked a bit defeated. 'I'm Tapat by the way."
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The boy seemed surprised, but turned around with a wag of his tail and a smile upon his face. She was glad, at least, that he was friendly. She still wasn't the best when it came to talking, and talking to someone who was nice was always easier than if they were... not nice, to put it simply. "It's nice to meet you, Tapat." She smiled back, tilting her head and perking her blue ears forward when he began to talk. He spoke of remebering wolves from his past that he hadn't remembered before. She didn't know him or his life, but she nodded anyway, considering what she might say, bad with words as she was. "I miss others sometimes. I don't know many wolves, but I think a lot about the ones I've met in the past, and I miss them too." Much like him - she often didn't feel like an adult. Probably not for the same reason as he, but because she had always been bad at most things that wolves were good at - aside from hunting and fighting, she felt small sometimes. Not her height (though she was rather short), but in the social aspect of life. Everyone seemed so confident in their words and they seem to come so easily to them, whereas Faeryn had never been good at it. Her lack of social skills probably came from not having any interaction with others until coming to the Teekon (anything in the first few months of her life, where she'd been with her now deceased family, had been forgotten).

The Beta ran over his words in her head again, wondering why he said he forgot things. He soon explained, without her having to ask. She nodded slowly, again choosing her words. "You know, I forget things too. You're not the only one. I don't forget too much, but I don't remember anything of my childhood, and I'm pretty bad at remembering names. I'll have to remember yours, won't I?" She smiled again, hoping to keep the mood light. Even as he repeated his name, proving his point about forgetting, she did not point it out, not wishing to make him feel bad about it. "And I'm Fae." She replied gently, as if they had not shared names just a moment before. Better to roll with it, she thought.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Random Event 
Tapat was cheerful and eager to please most of the time. This had been one of the rare moments that he would sit and think about what he knew. Especially with the wolves he had been close with and where those wolves were at the moment. It was a strange concept for him. Tapat nodded at what she was saying. "But then after that, we can always make new friends," he then offered. A great Tapat-like thought.

Tapat was extremely surprised to hear that she would forget things too. He wagged his tail and looked surprised. He never heard about others forgetting things. "You do?," he asked, sounding amazed. He didn't feel so weird anymore. "It is okay if you don't remember my name," he offered kindly and wagged his tail.

She repeated her name, though for Tapat it didn't feel like it. "Fae," he repeated. "Fae, Fae, Fae." He looked at her and took a good sniff of her scent. "I will try to remember it from now on," he spoke with a hopeful smile. He then looked out over the sea. "The water is everywhere around us," he commented then, pointing out the obvious. Perhaps the best way to keep him inside a territory. "I can't even remember how I got here," he then whined.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She nodded, glad that she was able to bring him some comfort. "Yes, I do. Some of it I would rather have been able to remember - like, for example, names of places. That's one I'm definitely bad at." Faeryn allowed herself to chuckle a bit, partly at her own self and partly because she was enjoying talking to Tapat. He seemed very nice, and she would be lying if she said she wouldn't like to talk to him again sometime. "Well, I'll certainly try." Honestly, she didn't mind if he couldn't remember her name - she didn't mind that she might have to repeat it. She was just glad at the prospect of another friend, and she liked Tapat. He was sweet, and that could be an uncommon trait in some wolves. At least, uncommon in the wolves she'd known in the Teekon. Aside from a few, like Seelie and Stockholm, of course. 

Both of their gazes returned to the sea, watching the blue waves roll over each other and gently wash up onto the shore. It was beautiful, it really was. Though it did sometimes feel like she was isolated, cut off from the rest of the world - which in a way she was, everyone on the island was, but then again she had nobody back there. The island was something she'd come to love and the gem had already decided that it was her home now. She didn't really want to go back. But Tapat was not her, and she understood where he was coming from. "Yes. It's beautiful, I think. But dangerous. I guess that's why I like it." She mused, still watching the water. "I've never been near so much of it before - there was no sea where I grew up. Only forests and rivers." Maybe the change was something she needed. The boy whined again, mentioning that he did not know how he came to be upon this island, and she returned her eyes to him. "I arrived during a storm, washed up on the beaches. I'm lucky to be alive, I'd say. Perhaps you arrived in a similar way?" Maybe he'd hit his head on a rock on arrival, or maybe he'd just forgotten. It seemed a likely explanation. "You know, there is a way back if that is what you want. When the tide goes out there's a bridge of sorts stretching from here to the mainland. If you're quick you can cross it." It would be sad to see the quirky boy go, but if it was what he wanted then she would not be the one to deny him that. Though maybe he didn't want to go, simply lost and unsure. "But if you stay, I'll be here for you and I'll be your friend. Hopefully it might feel like home, with time?"
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat wagged his tail. It was still something for him that someone else would forget things too. He was certain that he was the only one that would forget things but it seemed he wasn't the only one. Others could forget things too. It soothed him a bit. But then again, how long before he would forget again? Tapat disliked the idea of that. But there wasn't anything he could do about it.

Tapat followed her gaze to the sea. One ear turned to her as she talked. He gulped when she said it was dangerous. He shifted a bit back from it. He already knew that it didn't taste nice. Something he tried several times, enough times, that he remembered this water was not drinkable. It was almost like she as telling him a story. She washed up on this beach. Maybe he did too? He was quite amazed. "I don't know. But Hemlock is here, and Mr. Doctor and others and I know them," he spoke with a nod. "Maybe we all washed up here?" He didn't know.

She then told him about the bridge. Tapat looked with uncertainty about the water. It was dangerous she said. Plus, he would need to be quick if he wanted to cross it. Then as a contrast, she offered friendship. For the boy, it was an easy decision. "I like friends!!," he stated. "I'd rather have friends than to mess with the dangerous water that doesn't taste nice," he stated with a firm nod. "Hemlock is here too, did you know? I often help her! But she is busy with her babies now," he frowned lightly. "So I have time for new friends!," Tapat grinned.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The pale boy shifted back a little from the water, as if concerned by her words. She smiled gently, glancing out again at the horizon. She was glad, at least, that he was not completely alone here. There were wolves he knew. "Perhaps. A lot of us washed up here during that storm, I believe. I remember we found a cave and sheltered there until it ended. When it did we all met up in a sort of meeting." Faeryn hummed slightly as she remembered the cold evening. "There were quite a lot of us." Too, the Beta was rather glad that he decided to stay, even if it had been a quick pick for him. She was not one to turn down friendship, and Tapat did seem like he would be a good friend, even if he forgot things sometimes. The blue-hued wolfess chuckled a little, turning to face him again. "That's good. I like friends too." 

"I haven't met Hemlock yet. I should probably do that at some point," She mused, adding it to a list of things to do in her brain. Meeting all of the wolves here was a task at the very least, and she intended to complete it. "Well, I'm glad. I have time for friends at the moment as well," Faeryn nodded, wagging her tail a little.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat listened to her explanation but he couldn't remember a storm or a meeting. Often when something super big happened he did remember it. He wasn't sure why, but maybe because it was a big thing he would remember. Like meeting Lagan was a big one or the time he lost his parents and found Hemlock. "Don't remember a meeting," he spoke. He didn't realize she was talking about her own experience. The female seemed very nice.

"Hemlock is really nice. Though now she has her babies she doesn't want everyone close," he spoke with a warning. Even he was not allowed to get too close which was also a big thing for him. He would often be around Hemlock and now he couldn't. Tapat managed though. Especially because he was on an island and couldn't wander away as quickly as he could in other territories. "Is Lagan on this island too?"
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry for shorter post, I'm a lil busy!

It seemed he did not remember a meeting, so either he had come after it had passed, or he had not come to be present. That, or maybe he just had simply forgotten. Either way, it didn't really matter now. The boy spoke again, this time of the woman he had mentioned previously. Hemlock. Was she perhaps the guardian of Tapat? He seemed to speak fondly of her. "Well, when wolves have pups they're very over protective of them. They want to keep them safe. It's just instincts, all mothers do it." He seemed to be warning her, so she assumed he might've tried to get close before and perhaps had a telling off.

Then he mentioned another name, one she was again not familiar with. Even so, she did not want to disappoint him so she racked through her memories, trying to grasp hold of any memory with the name Lagan. Unfortunately, she came away with nothing. "Sorry, I don't recognise the name," She thought for a moment, "That's not to say he isn't here though. I haven't met everyone here personally." Faeryn did not want to feed him false hope, but on the contrast she did not want to say no outright.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
DOn't worry!! <3
Tapat nodded. He knew that mothers would be protective of their babies. He remembered that as Hemlock wouldn't let him come close for the first few weeks. And she knew him. That was for certain. Tapat was at peace with it now, but in the beginning, he had been very confused.

Tapat grew sad for a moment. The female gave him enough hope though. Perhaps Lagan was on this island!! "Oh! I want to go look for him! He is a very pretty boy! He is gray with green eyes and bigger than me. Also very pretty and he gives me kisses and cuddles!," he exclaimed happily. "He often came to the borders of our previous pack!!"