Blacktail Deer Plateau When, when we came home
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Looking for a @Grayday, @Dawn or @Pema ? @Sorrel Marie :)

The journey had been long and arduous - not because there had been copious amounts of land for he and the girl to cross, but rather with her ankle in such bad shape they were always stopping, always slowing. He didn't mind, it just brought the pace down significantly. He peered toward her with dark emerald eyes, still attempting to keep her petite body steady as they approached the borders of Morningside at last. It would be a lie to suggest he felt no relief at seeing his home.

"We're here," Kieran murmered gently to her with a slight smile, knowing she'd be able to rest up soon. Still he did not know her name, and while he'd like to know, there was time for that later. Perhaps Pema could help with her ankle? He assumed there'd be someone who could, if she could not.

Back to the territory his gaze did sweep, halting in his tracks. Then up tipped his head to the sky, a smooth voice calling to those wolves he shared his home with. Any were welcome, of course, but the call itself was directed to a specific few.
English * French
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
When she heard the call she made her way to the border. It wasn't often that she heard Kieran calling from the border. Out of the member of the pack she didn't think he ventured out much in comparison. But none the less she made her way to the border, eager to see what was going on. 

When she arrived she saw Kieran accompanied by a young brown female. Pema didn't right away notice the girls injured ankle. She nodded towards Kieran and spoke openly saying in a polite voice. "Kieran. Who's your friend?" she asked with a smile. Even though she asked Kieran, she expected the girl to answer. 
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
The journey had been arduous, seemingly endless, and to Sorrel's beaten body, like a death sentence. When they finally made it, the boy's call was loud enough to pierce the throbbing spots of her head, but she lacked the energy necessary to wince. They waited in a painfully prolonged silence until another stranger approached. Just as Sorrel was settling into submission, she heard something that seemed to momentarily bring back the energy that she needed to move like a child again. 

Kieran.

She gasped and took a slight side step away from the boy, examining him as if to see whether or not this could be him.  Him! Oh, him. Sorrel couldn't remember the way that her brother had looked when they were pups, and she doubted that it would have mattered much, but if this was him then he would have known her just as well as she thought she knew him. Sorrel, she whispered, just before losing balance once more.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
They waited in silence, snow covering the pairs paws as Kieran's emerald gaze followed the horizon - soon enough, a familiar face came into view. He gave her a broad smile, chuffing in greeting as his eyes landed on her, a small puff of frosted air releasing through his nose. "Pema," He spoke, "Congrats on becoming a leader. You passed me pretty quick, huh?" A giggle escaped the yearling's maw, though truly he was quite proud of her. She was hard-working for sure. When the wolfess spoke, his focus shifted to the girl who had accompanied him back to Morningside. Though the question she inquired was directed at him, he knew it was for her - the petite one at his side. Yet knowing her previous attempts at speaking, he decided to give an answer himself as well.

"Well, I found her out by the Springs. And she... twisted her ankle I believe. I brought her back here because she would't be able to survive the Winter on her own. I thought we might be able to help her, Pema - what do you think?" It was also true he had a certain fondness for her that he could not quite place. Still, that lingering sense that he knew her remained, and it was a constant whirling thought around his mind. He was almost desperate to know.

He watched as the sandy brown girl took a sudden side step away from him, eyes glazing over as if in pure astonishtment. Kieran raised a brow, then his own eyes widened in bewilderment and shock as she spoke a name. That name. Sorrel. No, it couldn't be... could it? He had always thought... "S-Sorrel..?" He choked out, voice squeaking as his body tensed. Was this really his lost sister? The girl lost her balance, and Kieran's movements were quick in response - propping his side up against hers again. Despite this, his gaze was distant, as if lost in thought. A small tear escaped and rolled down his cheek, and he absently blinked it away before shaking his head. "I don't...je n'y crois pas!... It's really you? Sorrel Marie?"
English * French
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
"Thanks Kieran. Yeah I guess I did." she said playing along with his joke in a cute way. It wasn't her goal to pass up Kieran in the ranks. It just kind of worked out that way, but they both had a very valued place within the pack she thought. 

He filled her in on what happened and Pema didn't see why they coulddn't bring her in. Especially if Kieran was vouching for her. But before Pema had a chance to speak the female stepped away from Kieran, as though something he had said threw her off. Was that not what had happenen. Pema took a step forward when it looked as though she might fall, but luckily Kieran was there to catch her and so she stayed where she was. 

He name was Sorrel and their seemed to be an element between her and Kieran. Pema was unable to understand what Kieran was saying and so was oblivious as to what was happening. She thought to wait it out and see before saying anything further.
131 Posts
Ooc —
There was a pause, a near silent gasp, and a moment of clarity set to pass before Sorrel was finally able to comprehend fully what had just happened. A part of her didn’t want to believe it; maybe it was a coincidence, maybe this was a dream. Yes! Maybe this was a dream and Sorrel was lying somewhere comatose, the cold having taken over her body. If she was meant to wake up, god she hear, she wished with all of her might that it didn’t happen before she could give her brother a proper hello. 

Sorrel nodded her her head and tried to speak — It’s me, Addy. It’s me! — but the words didn’t make it past the backs of her teeth. Even if she’d had the ability to say something, anything, Sorrel was sure that it would have taken the life out of her. All this time she had been searching for a way back home, and here, home had found her.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He simply stared in shock... it had been over half his life that they'd been seperated, but not once had he forgotten her. Like when he first starting burying food at the top of a small rise, where the sun hit the ground elegantly. It was like if mother had been sacrificing some of her meal to the Gods, but he had been doing it for everyone he'd lost. Hawthorn, Mother, the rest of the wolves from his previous packs, and.. Sorrel. Always in her memory she had been, and now here she stood in front of his startled eyes, gazing in shock back at him. In real life - he was not dreaming, he had nipped gently at his chest just to check... but this was real.

Kieran didn't need to hear her say anything more. He moved slowly, placing gentle licks at her cheek as he felt a tear slide down his cheek. "Sorrel... I missed you so much...." He whispered out, almost forgetting Pema was there. His sister... he just couldn't believe it. "I made sure to never forget you... not you, not mother either..." His voice cracked, but the joy he felt in his heart that she was still alive made his voice break and eyes watery. "I knew you were still out there somewhere..." The young hunter had refused to block her from his mind.

Then he felt a jolt, and he blinked at Sorrel. "You know.... father is here too... We're here... we found Grayday and his kids after the Auros was gone, and then eventually Morningside was created. It's my home now.." His heart beat painfully in his chest. She would stay now, right? She wouldn't leave him? What if she left after her ankle was fixed...? "D-do you think it... c-could be your home too?" He couldn't bear the thought of her slipping away after they had finally been reuinited.

It was then that Pema flashed into his mind again, and he sent a tearful smile to her. "Sorrel... this is Sorrel. She's my sister. We lost her a long time ago, back before Morningside and all that - it was so many months ago... we were around two months I think, maybe three. It was so, so long ago. I never lost hope that she was alive, though, and now she's here." He said it again, but out loud, partly to confirm it to himself. It felt like a dream.
English * French
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Sorrel was still rather quite but from what Kieran said Pema could peice everything together. Pema stook there almost in shock as to what she was witnessing. The world was so vast, but in moments like this it seemed to small. That two sibling seperated when they were 2 months old came together after such a long time. It was even more suprising that when they ran into eachother the first time neither of their names were given for this realization to have occurred eariler. 

She could see the mixed emotions of shock and joy in their faces and she felt touched. It made her feel warm inside, thinking of how the world worked in such a way that this might be possible. "I'm sure you would make a great addition." she said when Kieran suggested that she stay. Trying to encourage her to stay, even for just alittle bit while the two of them got aquainted. 

She was sure that Kieran would vouch for his sister, but even he didn't know her name when he arrived with her. Pema wanted them to have ample time together but it was still important that whoever joined the pack was willing to pull thier own weight. 
131 Posts
Ooc —
Creole is to French what Patois is to English. It might be a little difficult to understand for Kieran but feel free to play it how you wish!

Kieran was saying so much, so quickly; Sorrel had to fight to keep up. After leaving and before returning, during those ten months or so, Maman had barely spoken any English at all. Of course, Sorrel remembered the basics, and there was nothing being said that was too far beyond her vocabulary, but it still took more energy to comprehend than she had to dispose of. Ki kote papa? Mwen bezwen wè l.

Regardless, she was able to pick up the need behind her brother's voice for her to stay, and Sorrel couldn't think of a reason why she wouldn't. Okay, she whispered, then looked at Pema, I'm not skilled. That isn't to say that she couldn't learn once she was healed, but her focus had been more on survival than on anything during her childhood. I need help, she said, reminding the group of her ailments. Beyond just her ankle, she'd managed to develop frostbite at the base of her tail that'd created a thin black strip of dead skin. Sorrel looked almost mangy and she felt even worse.