Fox's Glade butcher of men
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
All Welcome 

Drogon heads north from Moonspear after letting his higher ups know he’s leaving. It feels strange to put the distance between himself and Moonspear with the purpose of being gone for a handful of days but it’s necessary especially since he’s serious about earning scout as his secondary trade. Being a ranger means he will be the pack’s eyes and though he is familiar with many neutral territories he strives for the knowledge he does not yet have. He wants to stay in-the-know ( a thirst for information that is inherited from his gangster father ) and assumes that having knowledge of what packs still remain, which ones have gone, and which have risen up would only prove to be useful; beyond the intimate knowledge of the layout of neutral territories.

The snow is deeper where the paths are untrodden, his plush belly fur is damp from where he had trudged through deepened snow. The Glade offers a reprieve from deep snows when he reaches the isolated spruce trees. There are trails in the snow, left by foxes, his flared nostrils tell him and other paths carved by prey much bigger than the small vulpine that the territory is named for. Drogon does not intend to linger long: he makes his way towards the small stream that cuts through the center of the territory, bows his head and laps at the icy water, nosing around a chunk of shallow ice that bobs lazily where it has cracked from the thin sheet that covers the top of the stream.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
As Easthollow had part of the glade claimed as their territory it happened that Valette ventured out over their borders. Often it was to check the prey populations or to see if any other wolves that had passed through the forest. Often it gave quite some information about travelers that hadn't approached their borders but stayed further away from it.

As Valette hadn't checked the forest in a while she felt the need to have a trot through it today. It was unclaimed land but the forest felt familiar to her. These were the same type of trees they had in their own lands. The female caught a fresh scent, along with some marks in the snow. Someone had passed through here recently. Valette became curious and started to follow the trail.

Not long after she saw a young wolf drinking from a stream. The dark-colored female sounded a chuff in greeting. She was neutral in her stance as her rank did not mean much outside of her borders. Though she was always interested what brought wolves close to their pack, was it at random, just traveling or was it for other reasons. Valette carried a strong scent, mingled with many wolves. It was clear she came from a pack. "Hello," she greeted and then offered a friendly smile.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i am sick and feverish so idek what this post is, lmao

The sakaali raises his head from the water, ears twitch and swiveling atop his skull at approach of footfalls. Icy droplets of water run down his muzzle and land in the plush fur of his maned chest, the longer, wispy tendrils of fur catching and absorbing them with little notice from him. His salmon pink tongue draws across his jowls to collect the last droplets of water and a slight cant of his head towards the left allows him to glimpse over a broad shoulder at the woman as she her footfalls still and she speaks out to him in greeting. He looks back towards the frozen stream for a mere heartbeat before he turns to face her, his glacial gaze skirting over her in a quick assessment. He wears the mask of the jackal now but his training and honed instincts have him always prepared for a fight. She bears a coat of chocolate for the most part, and hazel green eyes; tall but sylph-like in her build. There is an air of unbespoken power to her that her neutral stance does not hide from the observant Ansbjørn: a myriad of scents upon her pelage that makes Drogon think that she’s something more than just a pack member. The scent is familiar. Not to the point that it is forthright but he has smelled it to the east of the Glade and has done his best to give their territory and accordingly their borders a wide berth.

“Hello.” Drogon responds, mimicking her greeting back to her. He is, admittedly, not sure how territorial the wolves of the pack just to the east are of their surrounding territories so the sakaali approaches this with respectful caution, ready to interject that he has no intentions of lingering or causing trouble. Staying still had always been hard for Drogon and perhaps that is why he gravitates towards the trades that require the most physical activity.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was met with a greeting back, but not much more than that. It seemed the other wasn't too chatty, at least she assumed. The alpha female glanced over his unusual coloring. She hadn't seen much wolves colored like that. It was nice to be exposed to others again instead of being in her territory and treating some strangers like the enemy. Lately, they had some trouble with trespassers, it made her wonder if everyone was doing their patrols correctly. She pushed those pack thoughts away.

"Are you traveling?," she asked curiously. Perhaps she could help with directions if this male was looking for something in particular. "I used to be a ranger, or well, still am but now I am more needed at my own pack," she explained to the other. Valette sometimes missed those days of travel and roaming by herself. Now, she would miss her children too much. Maybe when they were bigger she would head out for a short period to visit packs that were acquaintances to them.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Drogon’s ears flutter back at half mast for a second before they pivot forth, attentive once more as her question breaches the distance between them. “Yes,” Drogon responds with a affirmative nod of his head. He has not been gone from Moonspear anywhere near long enough that their scents would not linger and thus offers “it’s a small, informal scouting trip.” as explanation. He does not move with the purpose of a formal mission and it is because of this that he does not seek to be gone overly long. There was a potential war brewing on the horizon after all and Drogon wanted to be on the front lines when they finally took to the battle field.

The woman offers a tidbit of information to the sakaali — that she was a ranger. To Drogon, she sounds unsure of if she could consider herself a ranger still and it is by her uncertainty and use of the words ‘my pack’ Drogon is left to assume the conclusion by the pieces that are readily strung together that she is someone of great import to the pack to his east. Drogon can think of little else that would require such demands of responsibility than leadership — parenthood does not occur to him as an option though this is likely because he is still too young and thoughts towards children have not yet taken root in his mind or else he might have considered that an equal possibility. “I’m leaning towards the ranger specialty myself.” because it gives him license to travel, to learn about the going-on’s in the Wilds but also because he has something of a head start there. His time spent with fleeting guardians as a lone wolf has given him intimate knowledge of a few territories within these Wilds.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded to the other male when he confirmed that he was traveling. It seemed he wanted to be a scout as well or perhaps already was! How interesting. For her, it had been a long time since she left the territory. She was at peace with it though, mostly because she didn't want to leave her young. "Well, welcome to Rising Sun Valley," she spoke with a quirk of her lips. "This is Fox's Glade and the pack close to here is Easthollow," she introduced. She was not sure if the male was big on having the names of certain territories but she was, as she would have a name to refer to them.

"How nice!," she spoke. "It is a wonderful trade, very useful as well." Valette wagged her tail slightly, she didn't have too much trouble with strangers, only when they were disrespectful or too close to her home. This young male wasn't doing any of those things hence why the female was friendlier. "Would you like to know of this region?," she asked. It felt like a silly question, however, she was aware that he might need to travel elsewhere and was not in the mood to have a chat with her.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
The woman welcomes him to the region naming it Rising Sun Valley and then goes into more specific detail naming the territory they linger within as Fox’s Glade and that the past to the east is — in a moment that is ironic and temporarily amusing to the sakaali — Easthollow. Drogon isn’t overly sure if these specifics would be useful to future ventures or not but he accepts it with a gracious dip of his head nevertheless. He might never use the information she provided him with again ( except perhaps in regards to Easthollow ) but then again there was always a possibility that he would. Drogon admits with a swipe of his salmon pink tongue across his jowls, “I have a tendency to …ah, grow very bored when I stay too still for too long.”

Drogon needs adventure in his life. He is a natural born risk-taker and daredevil regardless of what mask he wears. It’s a general assumption that a bored Drogon ( regardless of severity ) is trouble. “Anything you feel like telling me would be greatly appreciated.” The Ansbjørn invites her to proceed with her offer to share her knowledge with him with an amiable sweep of his tail against the frosted and snowy ground as he reclines back upon his haunches to get comfortable.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
LOVE THE AVATAR OMG

Valette never had the problem. She could stay in a pack for a long time and not do any exploring. But she could imagine that a lot of scouts had that 'problem'. She wondered briefly if it was even a problem to begin with. The female mostly did her scouting out of loyalty to her leader at the time. He had a lot of missions for her and that was how she gained her skill. "Some wolves have that," she returned to the male. "It is good that you want to become a scout though, it will give you lots of travel time," she spoke.

Valete bobbed her head. "Well, this is quite a wonderful valley with lots of prey. It all looks very idyllic. It has been so far. We are the only pack here, as I know of now. Quite peaceful as well," she stated. No other rivaling packs. No other wolves that were breathing down their necks. Valette loved the peace and quiet. "North of here the taiga begins. Especially in winter, it is quite tough to make a living there, and we are sheltered by the mountains you probably crossed coming here. The Sunspire."
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
kfcemployee did such an amazing job with snow-idiot!drogon, haha! :D

Drogon’s always been very on-the-go, always testing and pushing his boundaries when he does find them. He’s still out there to find himself — always plagued with that piece of him that has been missing since he wandered too far from home and was snatched away. He needs to keep moving, evidenced by his attraction to the most physically demanding of the trades. “It is a change from my duties as warrior.” Which mostly have consisted of patrolling and sparring …and while he’s always down for a good spar he is finding that he does not mind the balance that scouting brings. Drogon’s ears twitch atop his skull as she speaks of how peaceful it is, and that — as of her knowledge — they are the only pack in the Valley. It certainly seems too good to be true, in Drogon’s opinion and he lets out a small hum of contemplation. “Peace only lasts for a short while in my experience. ...Do you think any packs might crop up in the future?” He asks her, sort of amazed that there are packs in the Wilds that are entirely disconnected from all the drama going on with Blackfeather Woods. Or if they had been victims of Blackfeather Woods’ deceit is it possible that they didn’t even know?

Drogon deliberates on giving her a warning about the impending war just to be fair. He shifts his weight and his tail sways against his hocks in contemplation before he ( finally ) makes up his mind. “From one scout to another: war is coming for the wolves of Blackfeather Woods,” He tells her solemnly. “You and yours seem fairly well removed but it never hurts to be cautious. One of theirs took a wolf captive and tried to kill one of Moonspear’s own. I doubt that things like distance would be enough to stop them.” Drogon informs her; but in fact he knows that no pack was safe from them or, specifically, from the one that caused all this trouble to begin with.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
So perfect! Haha

Valette nodded. A warrior was definitely different from being a scout, though she felt that the trades could be combined, in a way. Only when this warrior would be scouting he couldn't help protect the pack but in times of a war or a fight he would be far more helpful. "I can imagine," she returned. She slowly nodded at his other question. "Actually my bother was thinking of starting a pack but I don't know if he found enough followers yet. I don't expect much trouble, as he is my brother," she pointed out. She had her differences with Xan but they would never attack each other. She was certain of that.

Valette was not too surprised to hear that Blackfeather had gone so far that they had to deal with a war. They had always been too dark for her. Her father was in that pack but she couldn't muster much worry for his well being. "I've never been fond of that pack. Though, thank you for telling me," she spoke with a grateful nod. We will stay alert. "I'm sorry to hear about your pack member. Hopefully, they are alright?," she asked. Valette cleared her throat. Should she offer her help or completely stay out of it. She didn't want to join the fight, and she doubted her father would hurt her or her pack. But perhaps she could offer this Moonspear pack some healers? Perhaps she would need to meet the alpha herself to see if they wanted an alliance.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wrap this up with your post, maybe?

Drogon is impressed that she can be so confident that her brother starting up a pack nearby would not cause strife for her and wonders if everyone could say the same of their siblings. A soft snort of partial amusement and partial agreement leaves Drogon’s lips as she admits that she’d never been fond of it. There was nothing to be fond of and the actions that, if Drogon had to guess, were born of the belief that they are untouchable, that they could avoid consequences and that they’d never be caught was about to bring about their obliteration …because that was what would happen to them. They would be nothing but a stain in the Wild’s memory …a stain on his memory. “Yeah, he’s alright but only because of swift intervention of The Cerberus.” Drogon has long since begun to speak of Hydra and her sisters as if they were legends: mythos come to life. He does not expect the woman to know of whom he speaks and that’s ok. It only adds to the enigma of the trio …and enigma that Drogon enjoys encouraging ( likely Lotte’s influence ).

“I probably shouldn't linger,” Drogon speaks upon a deep inhale and sigh as he prepares himself to keep pushing on. His window of time is a small one as he does not anticipate being gone from Moonspear for too long. “Thank you for sharing your knowledge of the Valley with me.” The sakaali offers her a smile and an amiable wag of his tail. “I’m Drogon. Drogon Ansbjørn.” He offers to her in an introduction after it occurs to him that they’ve had yet to share their names with one another.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded her head in relief when she heard that this kidnapped stranger was alright. She disliked hearing that Black Feather Woods was hurting so many other wolves. The female wondered if her father was still in that pack. She didn't want to be associated with him. She couldn't believe that he would stay in that vile pack. "Perhaps not. Safe travels, Drogon," she wished.

"I'm Valette, Alpha of Easthollow. If you wish to ever visit us you can ask for me," she spoke with a nod. With that she let the boy continue on his trip. She felt that the male probably didn't want to stay away too long from his pack as he was also a warrior. They would need that in the war.

-end-