Moonspear Herbaliscious
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had thought back to one of her first friends. And a promise that Korei had made to herself. She wanted to be just like her friend, Pyx. Who had suddenly disappeared one day, and Korei had never known why. She had attended to the place Pyx had stored herbs, although it was very messy. And some of the plants were just random plants. Really, she had no idea what she was doing. But, she kept at it.

She carried a branch proudly, thinking she was doing some good as she put it in, dropping it then looking over it all. If there was one thinng she never minded, it was messes.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
It was surprising to Rannoch that he had not interacted with Koeri Julia as much as he had with Hydra, Ayla, and Lyra. From his understanding, she was from the same litter, but that seemed to be all that the four wolves had in common. She was the black sheep —or rather, the white sheep in a litter of predominately dark-pelted offspring— and, to Rannoch's observation, she appeared to adhere to the stereotype. 

"Hey, Koeri!" Rannoch called from a distance once he had recognized her. Quickly, Rannoch moved to clear the distance between them, and when he drew nearer, he spotted the branch she had previously carried. "What's that?" he asked curiously and motioned to the branch once he had paused at her side.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei looked at some herbs she had recently brought in, and moved them about with her paws. That's why she jumped when suddenly someone popped up near her, and through a question her direction. She looked at them, and didn't really recognize them. Yet he seemed to know her name. Everyone seemed to know her, and she was starting to think that maybe her name preceeded her. A lot.

"Uh, h-hi." She shifted her gaze to the branch for a bit. Then hesitated before answering. "I...don't know. But I'm sure it has some sort of use." Little did she know, it was the branch of a nearly dead tree. Just that.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch nodded at her reply, and his gaze wandered to the foliage that laid at their paws. He wasn't quite sure what it was, either, but he knew that he had seen it before. 

Even with his recognition, Rannoch couldn't help but wonder about the state of it. From his vantage point, it appeared to be brittle; as if a delicate touch would cause it to fall apart.  "It looks... unwell," he observed, his ears flattening as he stole a glance at his packmate. Though the branch appeared to be on the brink of death, Rannoch didn't want to be unkind in his observation.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei looked at all the plants she had brought in. Some of them looked about similar to it, but she thought even though it was awesome, it would have some use. "Um, well, that's because...." She stumbled over her words. It really did look unwell, so very unwell.

"I'm not as good as I thought I was..." she said quietly. "Y-You wouldn't happen to know about plants, would you? I wasn't really taught much...I'm doing this all for a friend. She'll be back, so she needs it to be ready." 
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch frowned at Koeri Julia's reply, blatantly troubled by the bustle of emotions that he had caused in his packmate. "I'm sure you're just fine with it," replied Rannoch with a wave of his tail. He felt terrible for being so bold in his observation and do what he could to alleviate the sting of her reality check. "Everybody makes mistakes, you know?" There was no malic to his tone, only kindness. 

Rannoch shook his head when he was asked about his knowledge of plants. Though Rose had taught him a thing or two, he didn't feel comfortable disclosing information that he wasn't confident in his recollection of. It had been a while since he had trained under the medic's watchful eye and he was sure that he had lost some of the facts to information that held more personal importance to him. 

"Have you asked Lyra to help?" He suggested. Though Rannoch had a hunch of how she and her sisters got along, he wasn't totally certain if his assumptions were true. It seemed as though only Koeri Julia could divulge that information and allow him to learn more about the dynamic of the Cerebus and the white sheep of the litter. He waited patiently once he fell silent, curious to learn about her perspective.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei managed a smile at the kind tone in his reply. He sure was kind, then again almost everyone was. Except those related by blood to her, they seemed to sometimes give her a hard time. All except Mama. When the male asked if she had asked Lyra for help, she shook her head. Korei didn't even know that any of her sisters knew anything about herbs. "Do you know if she knows anything?" she asked, before grabbing the branch and pulling it out. It was no use in there if it was a dead branch.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Korei's comment solidified Rannoch's initial belief about the relationship between Charon's first litter. He nodded politely in reply to her question before he elaborated on the point he had made. "Lyra healed me when I was injured and, from what I saw, she seemed to know a lot about herbs," he explained kindly with a wave of his tail.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"She healed you?" Korei thought to Pyx, how she had helped with her leg when she had slipped. Then her thoughts drifted to wanting to go sliding across ice again. "Maybe she does know a bit" she said, when her thoughts got back on track. She hadn't spoken to Lyra in a while, the sister she had spoken the most to was Hydra. "I haven't talked to her in a while..."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Yeah, she healed my neck," Rannoch explained, "I'd show you, but, it's... kinda gross." He didn't want to offend her with the sight. Rannoch had not gotten a good look at his injury. But, from what he had been told, he was aware that it was an eyesore. 

Rannoch nodded encouragingly to what Korei concluded. "She does, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind teaching you," he offered. "If anything, maybe you could come with me to my next checkup with her?" It had been a while since Rannoch had seen her and if their meeting was because of his injury, Rannoch figured she'd agree with facing him again.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was overly curious to see. She could not think of how it could be gross, and just hearing that made her want to see. "Gross? I don't know how it could be gross. What kind of injury? Did someone bite you?" Plus, she thought if she knew that bad wounds looked like, it would help. She had no idea if she would be able to stomach it, she never thought about it. 

Halfway through Rannoch's offer, she was nodding crazily. She very much wanted to, maybe even see Lyra's skill in action. "Yes yes yes! Yes, I want to." She was way too enthused about it.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch nodded in reply to Koeri's initial question. "Yeah, but it was much worse than a simple bite," he answered with a frown. "I was almost killed." 

Thankfully, the conversation that followed the topic of Rannoch's near-death seemed to captivate Rannoch's company. "We could go now?" he suggested with a wave of his tail, looking to Koeri with a smile.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tilted her head a little, she wanted to see it. Just a little bit of it. "Can I...Can I see it? Not now, but...well, it might help if I know what they look like." Really, she was just interested and curious to see the wound. She was interested to see.

She nodded enthusiastically. She hadn't spoken with her sister Lyra in a while. "Yes, let's go now! Sooner is always better than later, especially when it comes to learning" she said in a rather factual tone.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Fade with your post?

Though Rannoch had been initially reluctant to show Koeri his injury, her sudden spurt of optimism inspired him to show her what she wanted to see. Rannoch moved accordingly to reveal to Korei Julia the exposed strip of knotted flesh; his eyes lingered on her, and he studied her reaction to the healed tear. 

When all was said and done in regards to Rannoch's healing injury, he resumed his usual stance. Her excitement was infectious, and it caused him to smile. "Alright then," he decided, "Let's go!" 

Rannoch turned from the pale woman to realign their position so that they could pick their way up to Lyra's den. Once he was facing the correct direction, he looked over his shoulder and looked to Korei encouragingly in an attempt to get her to follow him.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei's eyes widened a bit, she had never seen such a bad wound. Something felt off in her stomach, but it was replaced by butterflies. And her eyes were filled with bewilderment. Is that how bad an attack frm another wolf could get? No wonder Hydra had been so worried, as to try and teach Korei to fight.

"Yeah! Let's go!" she said, sudden excitement replacing the butterflies. She followed, with a skip in her step.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch had anticipated Korei's look of astonishment. Though it felt odd to be gawked at, Rannoch did his best to suppress any self-deprecating thoughts that crept towards the forefront of his consciousness. He was aware that the injury was an eyesore and kept the perspective of his packmate in mind as he combatting any internal negativity. 

When Koeri Julia heeded his advance, Rannoch's expression brightened. From there, the two worked to locate @Lyra to allow Koeri the chance to learn about healing.