Blacktail Deer Plateau pay your mortgage
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Joining 

If anything was going to get done, Forrest would need somewhere to plan. It seemed redundant to her to plan to build her sanctuary while she had bigger fish to fry, like what she was going to eat or where she would sleep or whether or not that lump between her thigh and stomach was something to worry about. Her mother often preached about checking for new bumps here and there, and it was something that she stressed to her patients, but she'd forgotten to check as often as she should have, considering her priorities were a little out of order.

It hadn't been long ago that Forrest met the Lavender sprite from a pack called Morningside. The prospect of joining was still fresh in her mind from the time that she left the river to her actual arrival. As she came near, Forrest noted the heavily scent marked borders and gave a sigh of bliss; if there were males patrolling and marking, then (especially with breeding season so near) there must have been something inside that they were looking to proteect. Right on time, Forrest whispered before giving a smoky call.
"Life is a winking light in the darkness."
Hayao Miyazaki
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Raid is patrolling when a call rings through the air. She perks up instantly and stiffens, wondering if she should go check it out or let Grayday ond the other leaders do it. After a moment, she gives herself a mental shrug, turns around on her heels and begins to make her way towards the source of the call, dark paws thudding gently against the ground. It doesn't take long and soon she's emerging from the treeline, a shadow amidst shadows with only startling amber eyes visible in the shrouding darkness.

Raid's quiet as she appraises the stranger from a distance for a few seconds before she approaches, pawsteps careful and moderately quick. She draws to a stop several feet away from the woman - Raid thinks her eyes are beautiful (apparently that tendency to fall for pretty eyes still sticks even after her amnesia) - and cants her head softly. She's older than Raid, probably for a few years and retains her beauty even with age. The chocolate healer almost bites her lip out of anxiety (for what reason, she isn't quite sure) but resists the urge.

Instead, Raid's expression remains impassive as she speaks. "Hello, what's your business here?" she tilts her head to the left, subtly scanning the stranger's figure, as if assessing her capabilities. "The leader will be coming soon." She's just here until someone with more authority arrives - then she'll retreat and observe.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The sooty howl caught her attention, ears pricking atop her crown to catch the fading notes. She rose from her lazy perch near the Door, attempt at grooming abandoned. Stretching once, she gave a brisk shake of her pelt before picking up a trot as she made her way towards the borders, wide yawn stifled as she noted the figure of a stranger on their borders, eyes flicking once to her tail and finding her to be in possession of one. There too was another' soon identified to be Raid. Gladness at the woman's presence here already had her ears flick atop her crown; it meant the amnesiac was settling in, surely, and a strong presence at the border was appreciated. 

She chuffed as she closed the distance between the woman and herself. She surveyed her once, finding her to seem healthy and in possession of a beauty that her age had no effect upon. Silent a brief moment as she took in the visual information, she came to a stop a short distance away. Her stance was one of dominance, but not the overbearing kind that called for immediate submission. "this is Morningside. I'm Dawn, one of its leaders"  She did not introduce Raid, for that was the woman's own decision, but as she drew up alongside her, offered her a quick smile. She'd already asked of the woman's business here, and thus the huntress glanced to her expectantly.
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Two healthy, bright young women approached, coaxing a smile from Forrest's aging face. She gave a slow nod of her head in greeting, then took a deep breath. My name is Forrest Evergreen. I've worked as a midwife and educator for about three years on and off, there was a bob of her head and a tort of her mouth then, finally fading back to a grin, becoming very close with all sorts of families. I stopped for a bit in between there to start one of my own, but I'm ready to get back into the field.

There was a pause as she looked at both of the girls' faces for visual cues to go on. Around springtime, I want to start a functional sanctuary for my patients to come for treatment. Until then, I'll be needing a place to stay. I was hoping that I could make some sort of exchange with leadership for my accommodations — with breeding season near, I'm assuming that someone in Morningside, did you say? Someone could use a bit of help through the process. Maybe it was a leap to assume that children would be born within the ranks that year, but with a group that clearly thrived, was it that hard to imagine?

If that isn't enough, I can offer more. Let me know what you need and I'm sure we can find some middle ground.
Hayao Miyazaki
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
feel free to skip raid unless something drastic happens :)

Dawn arrives quickly and introduces herself. Raid steps aside but keeps close, watching at all times in case the woman is not as she seems and does something drastic like rush into the packlands or attack Dawn. She doubts that'll happen, but does not dismiss the possibility. Though she is without her memories, Raid knows that appearances cannot be trusted, especially as her own is nothing but a facade - a terribly cracked mask.

Quietly, Raid listens to what the woman proposes and absentmindedly wonders what Grayday would think about it. Of course, Dawn is part of the leadership now, but Grayday is the original leader - and they have more than one leader, would this mean discussion between the three?

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
To say the woman's skills intrigued Dawn was an understatement; she'd never know wolves to specialize in midwifery and was quick to appreciate the value of that skill. As the woman paused and looked at them, Dawn gave a tiny dip of her muzzle, gesturing for her to continue. She is upfront about her plans to leave come spring; something that iffs Dawn. Still, she appreciates the honesty (especially compared to members that leave without word) and what the woman offers during the birthing season makes up for her departure. 

The woman finished, and it took Dawn but a moment to weigh the odds in her head and know that this woman would only bolster their ranks.  "we'll have two whelping mothers this season," She began, and for once the guilt did not come with the words. Surveying her a moment, her expression lightened, and the girl asked next,  "your skills will prove valuable in the coming months; but before then, we have a pack and pups to provide for."  She paused a moment before continuing shortly. "Morningside is tight-knit; if you can fit in with our members and hunt for the pack, I see no reason to turn you away."  She was transparent in her thoughts, mostly. The woman would be valuable around the pack; with Pema and Cat bearing pups in the next few months, they could use the help of such a woman. And besides, if she did end up starting her sanctuary, she would be a good ally to have, surely.
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
There seemed to be no protest against Forrest's proposal. She gave a relieved sigh and a wide, inviting grin; those smiles were something she was known for. They seemed to make even the hardest hearts soften with time. I'm sure I can fit in somewhere, she cooed, her voice soft and yet, clearly calloused with age. Forrest's heart had a wave of warmth wash over it at the thought of not one, but two new litters to care for. And with pups already in the ranks, well, there was no doubt that she would have her hands full during her stay. 

Hunting, I can do that. I hope you don't want a trial run right now, though, 'cause these joints don't quite move the way that they used to. Forrest gave a hearty laugh and hoped that her joking nature was clear, despite there being some truth to her statement. The winter hadn't done her any good in regards to mobility, but with a little time to relax and nurse her limbs, she'd be in working shape again in no time.
Hayao Miyazaki
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Raid observes quietly from the sidelines. But, although her eyes remain keen and brightly narrowed, her thoughts drifts aimlessly through the abyss of fragmented memories. At Forrest's laugh, however, the amnesiac jerks herself out of her stupor and straightens hereslf, paws shifting restlessly against the earth. Raid remains silent. As far as she is concerned, this is not really her business. She's just here in case things go terribly wrong.