Sunspire Mountains far from the maddening crowd
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
felt like a random thread so i'm being vague abt other stuff as usual haha
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Since leaving the boundaries of Swiftcurrent to go see how fishing fared towards the sea, then returning briefly to find Ferdie and Jace ousted from the ranks, she had found herself swept into something unexpected. Yet, the dark Rikudou found herself falling into stride anyway. It had only really been the blink of an eye so there was still much to settle into and learn, especially since she was still adapting to her new lifestyles even before this. She wanted to go with the flow, no matter how turbulent and bizarre..

When the landscape at her paws sloped upwards into the eventual mountain's spire, this was easy to forget for now. She gathered her stride and dug deep, pressing further and further up the unfamiliar path that snaked alongside a small creek originating somewhere up further. The Sunspire was an impressive facet of the landscape already and while Ame busily studied all she could with her senses keened to a deadly edge, she contemplated what this may become to her.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was a common sight among the mountain range of late. LIke a black ghost he traversed the never ending paths of the mountain tops. Still hunting for potential allies and those who could join their ranks he always traversed around looking and hoping. His large paws were silent as he walked and a familiar face soon came into view. He realized it was the femme Ame that Ferdie spoke highly of.

Realizing that now was as good a time as ever to meet and greet her. He chuffed gently at her to let her know he was near. He hoped that today she could spend some of her time talking to him. He hoped to make her a friend.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Steadily her explorations were working towards the uppermost reaches of the mountain but she was not yet ready to go that far up -- not when there was still plenty to see to further down. The peak did not look nearly as hospitable as the rest of the mountain, but such was expected of the tallest elevations. The mountain's base was gentle, rolling and seemed plentiful with its lush greenery and expansive spaces. Certainly, not a bad place, and she welcomed a contrast of treacherous spaces for the highest point in the territory. It was only fitting of any mountain, really.

When she sensed Jace's approach, she slowed up to regard him with a returned chuff. Jace her muzzle swept in deep nod and her posturing stayed at ease. His wounds appeared to be healing, too, and she could not smell him festering yet. How far up have you traveled? she asked then resumed motion for she guessed he would do the same. She wished to cover some ground while she was here, if nothing else. Although, growing more familiar with Jace was beneficial as well.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace dipped his muzzle in kind. Greeting her neutrally as he greeted most everyone. If Ferdie wanted Jace to be in the upper hierarchy he was a bit fearful for how he would behave, merely because he was not a dominant personality. He much preferred being neutral than anything. Perhaps he could make that work in his favor.

Not very far up. Though the mountain face is impressive and there are many good things for us here. Ferdie chose well. Jace looked up he had found the path to a slope that led down into a nice ravine with water and trees and prey. He wondered if anyone else had seen it yet.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

While she considered herself relatively familiar with Ferdie, enough to rank him as.. "friend", she still had much to learn when it came to Jace's mannerisms and disposition. She was watching and listening to all she could about him, down to his finest of details while deep down, she wondered what exactly it was that he and Ferdie shared. Obviously some deep sort of camaraderie -- to the point where they almost seemed to behave as brothers did with one another, but the details of how they had come to create this were lost on her.

I do agree. While I have not seen it all either, it.. seems to have a good energy about it, she mused thoughtfully as her eyes turned towards the summit as her footfalls carried on down the subtle path carved into the mountainscape. I had never been here before, even as a loner. Somehow, I had always gone around.. despite her penchant for mountains. She had overlooked this one in favor of the more coastal ones, such as Silvertip and Gyrfalcon's Keep.

It appears.. undisturbed, too. And with the Vale wolves apparently gone, I do find the placement appealing. With the nearest neighbors being the Creek, she doubted this place would attract much unwanted attention. While she did wonder where Xi'nuata and her wolves had gone, what she did know was that their scents had already faded, and that was good news for them instead.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened with rapt attention, he had momentarily forgotten that there had been wolves here before them. They had not warranted his attraction really, him being a home body up until this moment. He did not understand the comment of energy so he asked You will have to forgive me Ame, but what do you mean it has good energy? He was not being mean merely curious.

I have stayed away from mountains for the most part. This will be my first attempt at making a home on one.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

There were times when she forgot that her wording may not be the most clear, or when her concepts were strange. He asked of what she meant. Mm, it is not easy to explain, but... everywhere has natural energy. The air, the earth, waterways.. so on, she began in a thoughtful tone. If the lands are healthy and relatively in balance, they have good energy, and thus lend themselves to prosperous times... Her ears angled back somewhat. To many, it may have sounded like nonsense, but she had been taught just right to understand as she needed.

Whether or not others felt it too was of no consequence.. which was also part of why she spoke of it rarely. Jace could do whatever he pleased with that knowledge. She then regarded him with a nod. Ame understood why wolves would avoid them. However this mountain was not inhospitable, for the most part. They are not the most inviting, at times.. Her nose wriggled at a subtle scent on the winds and a hunter's instinct queued into it briefly. I was born upon one, Ame mentioned. Although a mountain with its share of differences, she would always enjoy the feel of sloping terrain underneath her paws.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened and though he may not completely understand the concept it did make sense. many things were hard to figure out why they were here on earth. And if you listened silently sometimes you could feel that energy from different things. Everything was living even if you didn't understand why or how. I do not understand it fully Ame, but it makes perfect sense when explained like that.

Jace took a moment to look over what would be his new home. There were forests and hollows and upon it they would prosper. It was also very well defended naturally so no one would bother them, though they could bother whomever they pleased if they so pleased. I was born near the sea and a forest. That is where I was born. He offered a small smile at that.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She did not expect anyone to entirely understand. Even she could not claim that, as it would likely take her years to reach that point. It takes a long time to understand it fully, she mentioned. Time, patience, and a real sense of perceptiveness to find the finest of details.. Ame still only called herself a fledgling when it came to knowledge of this, anyway.

Ah, I see.. near the sea here? Or further away? she asked, curious if it were north or south of here, which led her to wonder if he had traveled far to land himself in this area at all. This was the only stretch of coastline she was familiar with, but it was forested and likely was for many, many miles near the Teekon's territories. Ame could not even begin to fathom the diversity of coastlines in places she had never seen nor heard of before.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace smiled and realizing he may have found another intellectual being like himself he spoke softly I am sure it does, but doesn't everything take time to understand truly? He felt that this was so. It took time to understand and to learn, and he would be learning and understanding until the day he died. He did not shirk from this though, rather he reveled in it. He loved knowledge of all kinds, it kept his mind grounded from anger and unrest.

He could never tell her if it had been north or south, only that it had been farther away. It was much farther away. A place known as Chinook. I lived on the seashore in a forest of green for the first year of my life, well almost year.
He realized he still missed home and his family, but now it was a dull ache that was slowly lessening as each day passed. He did not know if he would ever see any of his family again, but he did know that he would always miss and love them. How did you meet Ferdie may I ask? And if that is too intrusive you do not have to answer.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ah, it does, really, she smirked, for she appreciated his mention of this. That is part of the beauty in it. For she would constantly be learning more and continuing her learnings, not just when it came to her mother's sagely arts, but in all things in life.

Nevertheless, Chinook was not a familiar name to her. I see, she breathed. I have never heard the name before, but this is my only stretch of coast I know.. so she was not surprised. Inland was where she had come from and even there, she was only well-versed in the vicinity of her homeland mountain. A forest by the coast sounded fanciful, she thought, and if he had been there a year, the pack must have been stable and secure in its position there. Was it a long-lived pack there? Not many I hear of near here.. seem to, ah, last very long, she asked.

Since he was humoring her questions so far, she opted to do the same when he asked about Ferdie. He had given her the chance not to answer if she desired, which she appreciated, but she was feeling in decent enough spirits to be somewhat talkative (by her standards). Also because she saw this as an opportunity to learn more of his and Ferdie's circumstances as well. Our paths crossed at a river early in the spring when I was a lone wolf. I was hunting and scavenging, and he voiced his.. feelings of not fitting in with his pack, then we shared some company. I have considered him a friend since, she answered simply. Have you know him long? You two seem well at ease, she observed.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled I find knowledge beautiful I am always eager to learn more. he could understand why Ferdie cared for the femme she was a calming prescence and for two such as themselves with their deep seeded rage it helped to ground.

Jace shrugged he wasn't to sure about that to be honest I don't know the only pack I knew or cared about was the creek and it was torn asunder. that was all he had to say on that subject hopefully this pack would provide and prosper.

Jace shook his head no I do not know him long but I know him well he is a soul brother a heart brother.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ame was steadily feeling more assured about her company here, namely when Jace expressed his penchant for knowledge that sounded much like her own. Not that she had doubted Ferdie's choice in fellow founder, but this was letting her know for herself that she may not have to struggle to find herself at ease amongst them.

She then nodded, being mindful of her footfalls across a patch of uneven earth, for there was no surprise there. Knowing too much about all packs was not for everyone. Even what she had gathered was just through other wolves, namely during her time as a loner, where she had heard many different points of view. She did hope that their mountainside roost would last longer than the average..

Soul brother? I am not familiar with the title, but I can imagine what it means... she intoned. I suspected there was something. You do seem almost like brothers, to me, she mentioned with a switching tail and cant of her head.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
For once in his life he found that he was not feeling awkward or young near another. He found himself at ease with the other female and he would have to tell Ferdie that he was glad he brought her along. He hoped to consider her a friend soon enough.

Jace chuckled at her words but not meanly. I guess you could say I made it up. The reason that Ferdie and I are close I am afraid you will have to ask him yourself merely because in order to tell you I'd have to give away Ferdie's secrets and that is something he needs to give you himself, but i can say that it derives from the night he gave me my last name which is Du'Andris and it means soul warrior. Other than that I am afraid friend you'll have to ask him.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

It seemed to her that there was no easy answer to this, and she nodded to Jace with a subtle smirk as he said he made it up, basically. While she had no need to go picking and prying into Ferdie's secrets now, she would take it as it was. Something ran deep between them. Jace's mention of a particular night, one of naming as well, only made this all the more clear. She did not need to understand it all at its depths to respect it.

Du'Andris, hm, she repeated to test the foreign surname. Ame could hear the lilt of another language on the word, although far from her own, and thus why it handled oddly on her tongue for the very first time. For him to have given you your surname must be meaningful, she observed. She too wore a surname not from her parents, exactly. Hers was of the mountain on which she had been born and she intended to keep it forever, especially if she very well may be the last living one.

I joined the Creek largely at his suggestion hardly a few weeks ago. With him no longer there, and me far from settled in, I feel I may.. be more suited to here, on this mountain.. she murmured thoughtfully. Although it remained to be seen if she would be able to put down her roots officially, the Creek held little to keep her. Ame preferred to go with the flow, after all.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace nodded yes it is meaningful as was that night it definitely opened my eyes to the way some others conduct themselves and how some just don't care. On the fore front of his mind was Fox and how she had seemed kind at first but only proved to be not nice and petty. Especially when she had kicked him to the curb, merely because he would not kill another and she didn't even listen.

Jace smiled kindly I joined the creek quite a while ago though only a few months. I came to find my last name, it's a tradition in my family for the males. He shifted his weight and looked around at the mountain. it's a good place to make a home.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
would you be interested in fading this out to just they continued exploring or whatever sometime soon? i'm always down for new threads, too, hehe

Amekaze was quietly thoughtful as she mulled over his words, contemplative of the details but knowing they were not something she was privy to. An eye-opening night. She could only imagine, remembering her own instances of them.. however were surely different than his had been in circumstance. Some of them she found she did not like to recall. Her skin prickled at the thought and she returned her focus to Jace, and then secondarily, the mountain spread around them.

She then nodded. At least he had found his last name, evidently. An interesting tradition, she mentioned. I did not know you had been there for multiple months already.. she huffed, realizing how it must have stung him to have that loyalty and devotion discarded as it had been.

I do have to agree. Time will tell what we will become, but I feel.. the outlook is favorable, she smirked very subtly and switched her tail. Day by day she was feeling more certain and with every extra mile of mountainside exploration her paws put behind them only further concreted this.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
gladly :)

Jace smiled it was a tradition that fascinated me since I was a child. And if I am lucky enough to find love in my lifetime. I hope any sons I may have will be as fascinated and want that for themselves too. Jace nodded his head at the next statement a bitter taste in his mouth. He had given the creek his life and soul and they had thrown it back in his face. He had even killed for them, the like of which left a dark smear each time on his former pristine soul. To kill for sustenance was one thing, but to kill in a fight was different even if one was protecting another.

Jace chuckled i agree. with that he continued to pick his way up the treacherous mountain side, intent upon finding a home here. A place to hunt as well would not go amiss, so they did not have to travel down to the belows as much.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The traditions of others were always curious and interesting to her. While she rarely shared the details of her own sorts of traditions (for she was far too private to feel too talkative about it anyway), she still liked to hear them from others. She could see why it had fascinated him and she had never heard of wolves taking on their last names in a manner quite as that.

She nodded her head simply and lent her focus to the landscapes. In tandem, they covered ground and in the passing of their paws, the scent of their soon-to-come claim only grew stronger... and of course, they came to know the mountain better, bit by bit.