Grouse Thicket Where the streets have no name
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
Your choice if she attempts to pounce on your character by accident or if they're just witnessing her flailing about!

She'd already done a lot of traveling so far, and just based on the ground she'd covered, it made her wonder if Iovan would be able to find her.  He was a better tracker than her, so she suspected they'd cross paths eventually if she didn't wander too far.  Zenith had already cut a corner far enough up a slope to see the ocean, so it wasn't like she could keep going northwest much longer.  In fact, she'd turned south to investigate the area she couldn't figure out how to get to upon her arrival in the Teekon Wilds.

Now, here she was.  This seemed to be a much less populated region compared to the one she'd just passed through.  Perhaps that was a good thing?  Certainly it would require a bit more investigating!  Her first voyage in had her paws slowing now in this thicket that seemed particularly infested by avians -- at least judging by the tracks and feathers, but they weren't ones she was immensely familiar with and she hadn't spotted one yet.  That wasn't stopping her from stuffing her nose into every bush in a fervent quest for one, though.

Then she heard a crunch and rustle behind her, causing the gold-frosted woman spinning on heel to dive at the bush behind her without too much of a second thought.
I watch as the planets turn and the old stars die and the young stars burn
23 Posts
Ooc —
He followed the path of promise - what that meant was a mystery to the man, but he found himself here, farther West than he had ever travelled, and still looking. The tangle of vegetation - sparse, still, in terms of nutrients, no surprise for the season - was of particular comfort to him. He enjoyed the way the roots and branches formed a near-perfect mask of his earthy fur - a prime location to safely sleep, and he drifted to the start of pleasant dreams.

The snapping of undergrowth roused him, but Wirt - having been lost to his thoughts - didn't move quick enough. He suddenly found himself knocked beneath a giant furry creature, and he wheezed and gasped for the breath she knocked so skillfully from his lungs. A flurry of wings lit the air around them - hidden grouse, now taking flight in an easy effort to escape the attack that wasn't meant for them. A hacking replaced their noise - Wirt's lungs catching for air while he struggled to make sense of who had landed on top of him.
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
The snowy twigs and branches gave way with ease and a satisfying set of crunches.  Her paws, though, landed on something warm and soft, but with a lot less give to it compared to the feathered creature she was expecting.  Zenith reared back, trying to see what she had actually hit as the actual birds fluttered off to better hiding spots.

Coughing started as the snow and sticks settled.  That was a wolf!  Not just some furry lump of who knew what!  Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I was -- just.  Uh -- the birds...!   And uhh. --  I'm so, so so so sorry!  You could almost make out a couple of pawprints pressed into his fur -- or at least a couple of clearer spots where Zenith had landed.  Without thinking too much of it, she started to remove the larger twigs that had landed on the poor stranger, and if he stayed put long enough she'd brush snow off him with a paw as well. While doing so, she continued to profusely apologize and tried desperately to think if there was anything she could do to make it up to this random dude she'd jumped on.
I watch as the planets turn and the old stars die and the young stars burn
23 Posts
Ooc —
Wirt recoiled when the pressure left him and retched out a final hack. Air flooded his chest, and around him, the world danced with flecks of white and black. He couldn't really think on what the woman was saying or what she was doing - her words and brushing felt like a thousand grouse against him - but when his mind finally caught up with reality, he found he was laughing.

"No harm, I'm fine," he coughed again as he tried to edge his words between her frenzied fuss and craned his neck to peer over his shoulder. The glimpse he caught of her matched how she'd felt against him - large, but only in fluff. He thumped his head back on the ground. "Unless you count these poor brambles a casualty, then you have many things to repent of," he gave a crooked smile and he let her brush off the last of debris she'd crashed against him.
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
And he was... laughing?  It made her hasten her movements, her ears tilted with a combination of awkwardness and shame. She'd been really stupid to jump before she knew for sure what she was hitting.  This kind of thing hadn't shown up to bite her before, but it certainly was now.  It was a lesson that was definitely worth learning, as pouncing on a cougar or something would definitely be even less pleasant than this encounter.

Once he'd been brushed off, she backed up a couple places just to get to a distance that was more comfortable for a discussion with a stranger.  I really am sorry to have disturbed you, she said, I don't exactly go out of my way to jump on people.  That bird must have come right up to you in there.  She craned her neck, looking to see if there was any motion within eyesight, but as it were, the place was still now that the chaos was over, I'd offer to share one with you if I caught it in apology but uh.  I think I probably scared off the whole neighborhood.  Zenith was doing her damnedest to be as lighthearted about it as he seemed, but she was feeling too old to have done something so dumb, even though she was barely into adulthood in the grand scheme of things. I'll be more careful in the future, either way, she said, nodding sharply to her own words.  What was she even supposed to do in this awkward situation?!  She'd spent all her time trying to learn to be proper and what might make a good leader... Not really as much for what to do if you basically body-slammed someone by accident.