Fairspell Meadow Family Ties
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
@Kieran Adrien set for early morning on the 23rd.

She had remebered the meadows of Teekon, flowing with various shades of the wildflowers that bloomed in the spring time. It brought a smile to her face, even though it was covered with beautiful untouched white snow that glistened in the little light that the sun provided. Wind blowing through her brown fur sending a chill down her spine.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran was returning from a small hunt, padding through the snow with a small smile on his face, and humming to himself as he moved absentmindedly across the land. His dark emerald eyes trailed the horizon until they landed on a figure not too far off, and the young hunter's curiousity urged him closer, ears perking forward.

He let out a small chuff of greeting, a puff of frosted air releasing from his nose as he closed the distance. "Hello," He called out, tail swaying gently behind him as he drew near enough for conversation. He did not recognise this wolf, though he did slightly remind the boy of his father, Sylvas.
English * French
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Sybella turns around and is shocked at who she saw, for a moment she thught he was someone else but she soon knew that he wasn't who she thought. His scent was different. "Hello there." She returns the young wolf's greeting as she sat down.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Hover for translations, though I think this one is fairly obvious haha

A look of shock momentarily passed over the older wolfess' face and for a second Kieran furrowed his brows in confusion, and perhaps slight interest - did she think him to be someone else? That was the most likely case, he decided (he did not, after all, have any clue that this was his aunt of whom he'd never met). Either way, he sent her a smile. She returned his greeting and he nodded to her.

"Sorry, I haven't met you yet. There's been so many newcomers recently that I haven't been able to keep up." The boy giggled, lowering himself down into a sitting position. When he spoke, he used a little French, perhaps to see if she might also know the language. It would be nice to have another (aside from his sister) who knew the words in which he had been taught from a young age. Father was not often around so he mostly spoke in the common language. "je m'appelle Kieran, what's your name?"
English * French
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Sybella understood what the young male said and grinned. "Nice to meet yo Kieran, my name is Sybella." The brown pelted female returned his greeting and introduced herself as well. She wondered who this young ones parents were.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sybella. That was a curious name, though he quite liked it. There were multiple ways to shorten it and although it was a small thing, it was rather nice. His own name could be the same: Kieran was used by most, but Hawthorn had called him Kier and Sorrel called him Addy. He supposed many more could be made if it was thought about long enough.

"Nice to meet you too. I assume you haven't been here long? Morningside is a great place, I'm certain you'll enjoy it here. He nodded to himself, smiling. "It's been a great place since it first started." Father and Day had become quite good friends, he believed, though Sylvas was not often seen. Perhaps he should catch up with his dad at some point.
English * French
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Now Sybella found herself wondering who this yearlings parents were because he seemed awefully familiar but she decided not to ask. "Your right, I just arrived today and I'm sure I will love it here."
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Tail gently swaying and patting the ground beside his paws as he sat, not bothered in the slightest by the snow. It was not snow he feared, but Winter itself. The very idea of the bitter season left his heart lurching - for it was the season in which his mother had passed, the reasons still unknown even to himself. Nobody had known, that was what made it all the more worrying. Winter, he thought with a shiver, Winter was not a good season. Coupled with that, prey was more scarce and being a hunter it was only natural for him to dislike it.

"What kind of thing - trade, maybe, do you plan to work on? If any...?" It was the thought of hunting that had driven him to inquire, a quirk of his brow signalling his curiousity. If she might be a hunter then he'd certainly be glad to have another hunting partner, or perhaps she was a counselor in the works, like himself, and they could work together in that. Or something else entirely, which would catch his interest. Despite already having chosen the trades he desired in the future, he never would pass up an opportunity to learn something new about a skill he knew very little of.
English * French
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Sybella found the yearlings curiousity intriguing. "I plan to pursue the trade of medic. I have knowledge of plants and herbs as well as what they are used for." Sybella recalled when she had helped that she wolf before she came to Morningside.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She answered with talk of being a medic - she had an interest, and knowledge, in plants and herbs as well as their uses. This indeed was something he knew very little about. "Oh yeah? That's a healer, isn't it? So you know how to treat wounds?" The boy tilted his head, ginger furred ears perked curiously. "That's pretty cool! Pema's a caregiver, she also knows how to do some of that stuff. I'm a hunter." Honestly, it was an interesting skill. If not for his desire to learn as much as possible about hunting and counselling, it might have been a skill he would have liked to pick up himself. "Maybe you could teach me a little sometime?" An opportunity to learn more would not be one he would waste.
English * French
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Sybella enjoyed the young one's enthusiasm. "Perhaps, and maybe you can teach me a few things about hunting." Knowledge in her opinion was the best trade of all. She wasn't much of a hunter but knowing how to wouldn't hurt.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Hoping to close up some of Kieran's threads, hope it's okay to put an ending on this!

He gave a nod, smile gracing his lips as she spoke. "I'd love to." If he could hear her thoughts, he very much would have agreed. Knowledge was the best trade, for not only was it simply convenient, but by knowing a bit of everything you could spread out your skills and use your knowledge for various things. Not to say that focusing on one particular thing wasn't great, for if you honed your talent enough on one thing you'd be super at it!

The sun was beginning to lower in the sky, sending streaks of vibrant orange across the darkening canvas, and Kieran lifted his muzzle to the clouds to peer at them. "I should probably go and patrol one more time before I sleep. It was fun talking to you though, we should definitely hunt together sometime, and you can show me what some herbs do!" With that, accompanied by an enthusiastic wag of the boy's tail, he bid his farewells and made off into the distance.
English * French
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Sybella watched as the young boy departed just as he had appeared. Perhaps she would be seeing more of him in the days to come. Only time would tell however.