Redhawk Caldera Once again I must part
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 
@Elwood @Finley, please excuse the mild pp of Seb finding them xD Let me know if anything needs changing. Also, @Andalusia feel free to pop in or say she was with Seb already.

Sebastian felt bad for leaving, again. It hadn't been the first time. But with his children all dispersed some to unknown locations made him feel stuck in one place. He couldn't pretend that he was fully alright. His wife abandoning him, his children lost for so long. Ivy was still missing. His head wasn't in a pack life. Plus he wanted to learn and see the rest of Teekon. He wouldn't be alone Andalusia was coming with him.

Sebastian carried a big fish in his maw while looking for the alpha pair. He felt extremely guilty after their hospitality. He usually knew the locations of his good friend Elwood so it wasn't that hard to find him. Sebastian greeted him with a nod and placed the big catch before Elwood's feet. He then stepped back looking extremely guilty. "I am leaving, again," he spoke then, forcing it off his tongue.

"I don't deserve your hospitality. But, I can't stay. I am stuck. My children are everywhere and nowhere. My mind isn't in focus and I don't feel like socializing as you might have noticed. I need a break. I'm so sorry, Elwood. But I am not alright and I feel this is the best option...," he rambled slightly, as he did when he was nervous. "I won't be going all by myself though. Andalusia will be going with me, and my sister, she is waiting outside of the borders to travel with us all over Teekon. I'm sorry."
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
She's in a mood... :D Making some assumptions here.

I am leaving again...

Fin stared at her friend, surprise written plainly across her face. It hadn't gone unnoticed by her that Sebastian had been withdrawn since re-joining the Caldera with his family. She'd been happy to have him back in the beginning, thinking that perhaps he and his mate - whatever her name was - might grow close to her and Elwood in the way that Peregrine and Fox had.

But whatsherface had left, and one by one, the rest of Sebastian's former pack had as well, save for a spare few loyal individuals. Truth be told, Finley hadn't cared to see the others go. They had never tried very hard to integrate with the Redhawks, and she was glad to be left only with the few who had. Fin knew though that it took its toll on her friend and assumed his more reclusive nature was driven by that loss. Still, his sudden announcement was no less surprising. And no less... unappreciated.

"Are you serious right now?" Fin answered a little hotly, not sparing a glance to see how her mate was reacting, "We're in the middle of preparing for Winter, not to mention about to go to war with our neighbors, and you're going to take off on us because you're having a mid-life crisis?" In all fairness, Sebastian might not even have known about the potential attack on Blackfeather (I don't know if we really told anyone yet). But he and Andalusia were two of the few full-fledged adults in the pack, and to be losing them both now with what they were about to undertake, after all she had done for them, was................... unappreciated.

241 Posts
Ooc —
After all the Caldera had done for them, Andalusia wasn't surprised with the clear ire in Finley's voice. The decision to leave did not come lightly, but was a long time coming. Though her paws belonged in the practice of medicine - and she would always be indebted to the depth of learning she'd gained here under Raven's instruction - the Ostrega grew restless. These land had been enough, but as she wandered, further and further, she knew, soon, they wouldn't be. But the pack would survive without her. They had before, and there were enough new scents on the borders for Andalusia to guess they would quickly fill the ranks she and Sebastian left behind.

But clear confusion tightened her eyes, and she missed the latter half of Finley's words in trying to wrap her head around the bomb she'd dropped with her first. "War?" The Ostrega glanced at Sebastian with a puzzled question on her face - like were you aware of this? "We weren't informed," she said anyway, voice tight with concern. But didn't that click everything into place? The murmurs of tension, the injured woman brough under Raven's care - she glanced at both Finley and Elwood, hoping for clarity still - and considering, perhaps, their time here wasn't through just yet.
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood didn't have a good feeling about this meeting called by Sebastian, and as his friend began to speak, he found he was right. While he didn't have as violent a reaction as Finley, he still understood her anger. This wasn't a good time for two of their able-bodied, fully-grown members to depart -- and seemingly on just a whim. But at the same time, he could see Sebastian's perspective, as well.

Finley's sharp words drew questions from Andalusia, and after touching his muzzle gently to Finley's shoulder in an attempt to calm her, he replied, "We have recently talked with the commander of Drageda about allying with her pack to confront Blackfeather. They're the wolves that attacked Wildfire and Titmouse and countless others." They would need to speak to the pack as a whole, and soon, but things were still relatively up in the air.

He shifted to look squarely at Sebastian. "If you feel like this is the right thing for you to do, then go. But you might want to steer clear of here for a while, because I don't know how things will turn out with Blackfeather." His advice was given simply for Sebastian's protection, but he had to admit that he felt a twinge of bitterness.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was met with the two leaders. Finley didn't look pleased with him, perhaps since the first time in... forever. Sebastian was even more shocked that Finley mentioned a war. He glanced at Andalusia at the same time. The female spoke that she didn't know. "I didn't know either. A war? Why?," he asked. Luckily Elwood was there to explain. Sebastian felt immensely guilty. He would never leave the Caldera when they were in need.

"Honestly, I didn't know. Otherwise I wouldn't think of leaving. It wouldn't be right to leave now," he spoke. Sebastian looked at the two alphas. "We will stay. We both are medics and we can watch the ones that aren't going to join the fight." Sebastian was determined he wouldn't leave the Caldera in need. "Then we must gather herbs and other supplies if the war will happen. Any idea when the attack will take place?"
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Leave it to god damn Elwood to be all calm about this. Fin felt his touch upon her shoulder and gave him a look that clearly said BUT I DON'T WANNA BE NOT MAD. The pair's words that they had not known about the growing tension between the Caldera and Blackfeather did nothing to settle her frustration with their decision to leave. In fact, it only upset her more as it meant they had been more disconnected from the pack than she'd previously thought. Fin was a force to be reckoned with when angered, but it usually resolved itself in one of two ways - complete destruction for those guilty of riling her, or meek submission to the ever even-tempered will of her mate.

Good thing Sebastian hadn't called just her.

Her ears flattened against her head as her gaze darkened and she shifted her eyes down to the grass at their feet, effectively subdued though not a single word had been spoken directly to her by her mate. Sebastian was quick to decide that the news of the coming war changed their plans, offering to join the ones who wouldn't be participating in the fight. Her immediate reaction was to refuse them; after all, it was evident that they would not be playing the parts she had expected of them. But Elwood's touch was never just a one and done - it lingered, tempering any other potential flare ups. She remained stony-faced and silent, allowing her mate to carry the conversation.

Another Finley, one with far less at stake in this conflict, would not have been upset. That Finley might have even been glad to bid her friends farewell before the fight, because it would mean that they would be away from this all where it was safe. But the fight was for the safety of her family, and so she found herself unforgiving of anyone who would not risk everything to protect them as she fully intended.

It did give her a thought though, but that's for later.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
"I'm sorry that we didn't inform you," Elwood said, bowing his head slightly. It had been an oversight on his part to assume that his packmates would all be aware of what was happening. Of course, his family members knew, but Sebastian and Andalusia were perhaps not quite as integrated as the others and hadn't had the opportunity to be exposed to these facts. Either way, they now knew about it and had quickly made a decision to stay.

"We appreciate your help," he added, thinking that they were lucky to have experienced medics. He couldn't predict how many injuries they would endure, nor how serious they would be. As for the timeline of the potential battle, he first offered a shrug of his shoulders. "I anticipate that the commander will be back with her wolves from Drageda in a few weeks' time. They are experienced warriors, so I'll trust their judgement," he said. He glanced at Finley, who seemed to be simmering quietly next to him, but at least wasn't quite so outwardly angry anymore.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian could tell that Finley wasn't happy with him. Sebastian felt bad that he was so out of the loop that he didn't know about the war. He was still loyal to them, hence why he wouldn't leave. "I will even fight if necessary." Though I'd rather not, he thought. But he didn't want to say that out loud. Sebastian was still a pleaser. Even as a pack leader he was more trying to please his members rather than to lead. The gray male lowered his gaze.

"Alright. Well, Andalusia and I will stay," he confirmed. "The only time we might leave the pack is to gather herbs. But I shall let you both know if we do and when we return," he spoke with a nod to both leaders, his tail hanging low. Sebastian really didn't want to fight, but this was the only way he felt that he could repay them for taking him in when he needed help.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
So uh.. exit Fin :D ILU ALL SORRY

Fin glanced at her mate, feeling perturbed that he was apologizing. Okay so they had apparently neglected to directly inform the pair, but still. True members of her pack would have heard through the grapevine, just as many of the rest of her wolves had. It was becoming very evident to her that Sebastian and Andalusia were not nearly as integrated as she'd formerly believed, and instead of considering her own failures in this, she simply blamed them. It was pretty easy to do when she was feeling so upset about everything else in her world already.

There was reluctance in Sebastian's tone when he offered to fight if needed. She had to fight herself to not roll her eyes, which became increasingly difficult as he further agreed to stay with just as little enthusiasm. It was clearly not what he wanted to do, and her temper rose again at this simple fact even though it was completely understandable that he would feel this way. And this time, she couldn't shut herself up even with Elwood's soothing presence at her side.

"You know we aren't doing this arbitrarily," Fin found herself saying, unable to help herself, "This isn't some whim. It's not some thoughtless act of vengeance for what they've done to our loved ones - though even if it was, I would think even that is a pretty damn good reason to act." Her tail lashed behind her as she looked between the two. "They are a danger to our pack, and to any other in this valley. They kidnap and torture wolves for no reason, and I will not just hide here within our borders with my tail tucked between my legs while psychopaths like that are out there, threatening the safety of my children. I will not let them get hurt again, no matter what it costs me."

She was shaking. She hadn't realized that she was shaking, or that her voice had raised with each passionate word. Angry tears had sprung to her eyes somewhere during her speech/rant - anger that in truth had very little to do with Sebastian or his mate (by the way,she had decided they were mates). She sucked in a breath before looking at Sebastian once more and adding in a more even, quieter tone, "I would think that given the danger to your own kids, you'd find the balls to step up here a little more. But if you don't want to fight with us then just get out now. I have no time for this. I have a war to prepare for."

Fin turned on her heels then and left, not sparing a glance for any of the three that had stood in her presence. She was angry. She was angry at Blackfeather for what they'd done to her family, angry at Sebastian for being (understandably) reluctant to go fight in a war he'd been forced into, and most of all just angry at herself for not being able to prevent her loved ones from being hurt in the first place. Any words spoken in her wake would fall upon ears too full of her own anger to hear anything else.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
<3 My last post too!

Sebastian reiterated that he and Andalusia would stay, and that he would even put himself on the front lines with the rest of the pack if necessary. While that was enough to placate Elwood, it simply caused Finley's simmer to boil over. She erupted, and while her tone was hot, there was truth to what she said. Blackfeather was dangerous, and like it or not, it seemed to have fallen to the wolves of Redhawk to do something about it. She excused herself in not so many words and stalked away from the group, and Elwood stood for a moment as he watched her go.

With an apologetic glance at Sebastian and Andalusia, he said, "Unfortunately, she's not wrong. This is a stressful time for us all. Like I said, I appreciate your willingness to stay and help. Please let me know if there's anything else we need to discuss." And then, he made to follow in his mate's wake.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian swallowed thickly when Finley lashed out at him. He automatically lowered himself. His ears flattened against his skull in submission. Sebastian disliked that Finley was mad at him. He didn't want any of his leaders to be mad at him. Unlike Finley's kids, his own kids already left Redhawk. Only Benjamin was still here. Maybe it was for the better.

Sebastian just nodded at Elwood's woods. He felt guilty. Guilty of even thinking of leaving. He glanced at Andalusia and swallowed again. He slowly got back to his feet once the leaders left. Sebastian had fallen silent and just left with Andalusia to prepare as well, finding herbs that could help for the incoming war.