Blacktail Deer Plateau Wiggle Wiggle
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel hummed a little tune, but in his head when he heard his own humming, it just seemed like he wasn't getting something right with it. It seemed like a few notes were off, and it frustrated him. After having heard Pema and her musical song, he thought why not give it a try himself. And he really tried. Perhaps paying her a visit would help, or a passer by, if he got lucky enough to get a second opinion.

@Dawn
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The sound of humming had her veer of her intended path, the humming itself being foreign and thus requiring investigation. A new member, surely, as she highly doubted outsiders hummed while they trespassed. It was a rale, red and lean, almost coyote-like and yet not. She chuffed a greeting, approaching confidently with her tail wafting softly before her, waiting for him to introduce himself, or at least, offer some sort of greeting in turn.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel opened an eye, as he had his eyes closed as he hummed to see a female coming near him, chuffing a greeting. "Why hello there. And who might you be, Miss...?" he asked, turning his whole body to face her with an entertaining smile. "Name's Engel. Rhymes with angel, though I don't see myself as one..."
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
 "Dawn" she supplied, left ear flicking a fraction to the left. This male certainly seemed - open, for lack of a better term. His introduction was certainly odd, and her brow furrowed in the slightest. "what does that mean, exactly?" It was an odd thing to divulge, and her words came carefully as she tried to make sense of just why he'd introduce himself as non angel-like.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel quickly shook his head. "Uh, nevermind. A bit of wordplay is all it is...So, Dawn eh? Like the shining morning?" He mentally cringed at that, even he knew that wasn't his best. A bit of that cringe showed on his face. 

"Speaking of morning's how has yours been?" he asked. His had been a bit cold. But, he liked the cold.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
His little bit of wordplay had concerned her, somewhat, but she decided to simply let it slide. Surely her father wouldn't have allowed some dark maniac into the pack, anyway. "well, yes." She agreed, though the words were a little clipped. He certainly was a little odd (she hadn't quite figured out flirting, yet). her gaze flashed briefly up at the overcast sky, the brightness of summer a distant memory, how. "Shining mornings" seemed a thing of the past, for now. "fine."  she said simply, asking after a moment, "yours?"  She didn't think much of small talk, and would much rather learn more about him instead, but supposed she could go along with it and hope it'd lead somewhere productive.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was a bit surprised at her responses, then he realized how young this wolf looked like. But, he let it be, for now. "Mine has been fine, so far. Bit cool, but who doesn't like a nice cold breeze?"

"You've...never been flirted with before, have you?" he asked after much hesitation. "Oh, nevermind...little secret, between you and me, I can't help myself." Although it wasn't really a secret, he thought it would clear the air a bit, make it less awkward.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The word for his behaviour came with his question - flirty. That was it, certainly, and she wondered briefly if he did this often. Mirth mixed with distaste had her face twitch, and Dawn wondered if he'd been successful in any of his attempts, and if so, with whom.  "If you're not careful, you could get into more trouble than flirting's worth." She added, after a moment, "did you not stop to think that it might be better to learn more about your packmates before making advances? more specifically, whether they have mates?"  She did not think that Aditya would be pleased in the slightest where he to learn of Engel, and god forbid the male tried "flirting" with Catori. Besides, while she never had and likely never would pull the rank card, she was his superior, and the first thing he had done upon their first meeting was to flirt. Surely he had to have some skill other than becoming dangerously close to being eaten by jealous mates and lovers, or he'd never have been accepted. "besides flirting, what do you do? any trades?"  She could at least try to steer the conversation onto a course that might alleviate the tension between them, and hopefully, have her learn more about the male besides just how well his morning had gone.
[/font]
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel put his head down shamefully. It was quite the issue he had with everyone he met. The whole world just looked beautiful in his eyes, and he wanted to always express it...just in the wrong ways. "It's...it's a growing problem. I meant nothing bad by it, I swear. And your right, I should learn more." Then something else came to mind that made him feel much more stupid. Something Aditya had said. This wolf, Dawn, was Grayday's daughter. The stupid look on Engel's face must have been priceless at that sudden revelation.

"I, uh...well, not so great at killing things...but I can do poems. So that would make me a...a bard, I guess." He had been practicing singing as well, first with humming. Wasn't at the point to sing with words just yet though, that he was a ittle rusty at.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She softened a bit at the male's shame, adding after a brief moment, "don't worry about it. just make sure you don't flirt with the wrong wolf." She smiled a bit at the latter, easily imagining Engel fleeing an angry man or woman with his tail between his legs after a bit of flirting struck the wrong chord with someone. Quite suddenly his expression changed, stupified expression almost comical. Her ears flicked forward in concern, gaze glinting in question. 

He listed his skills in a shaky voice, and she dipped her head, next words an attempt to bring back the easy boldness that had vanished moments before. "I've never met a bard before. What kind of poems do you do?"  She asked, though truly she'd rather know if he was a possible hunting partner or not, it was best to not simply ignore his other talent, that, while it did not sound particularly useful, might be interesting
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Yeah, already done that a few times" he said with a chuckle. When he flirted with Grayday that one time, it was plenty warning not to flirt with him again. "Just, don't tell your dad? I kind of flirted with him once, and he may or may not have let that go...And he definitely wouldn't if he heard about this."

"Well, if you want to hear one. They are mostly of romance, forbidden and otherwise. Sometimes tragedy, but mostly to do with romance." And most of the time, he touched his own heart.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She couldn't help it, she snorted, holding in laughter. She tried to compose herself, but a laugh slipped through when she realized just why he had looked stupified moments earlier. "don't worry - I'll keep your secret." Her father might just get a bit too angry if he learned that Engel had been flirting with everyone, including herself, and the male had grown on her a little. Besides, he seemed harmless. 

"I'll hear one"  She said, sitting and canting her head curiously. She could easily count how many poems she'd heard in her life, and the number hovered somewhere around twice.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was taking a liking to Dawn. Not the usual type of liking, more of a friend. She certainly had humor, more so than her father had had upon their meeting. "And I will appreciate that. He didn't receive mine so well, no telling how he will receive news of my flirting to you."

He looked ot the sky thoughtfully. What could he do a poem about? One idea came to mind, and he looked to Dawn with a side-eyed grin. "Rises after dark, bringing energy to the world. Clouds part with light, pouring over the hills and across the lakes. Asleep becomes awake, and orange fills the sky." It was a short one, and he left it there for Dawn to guess what it was about.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She grinned at the thought of her father's reaction with being flirted with; by a man no less. She'd never really considered the idea that men could flirt with men, or even that women could do so with women. There had been that time, brief, in the mountains - but it was interesting to note that such a thing was possible. Perhaps not very useful in terms of reproduction (she had the general idea that sex was produced between a man and a woman) but still. 

His poem was brief,  and something about the flow of the words was new and novel. Nowhere as beautiful as Aditya's words and language, but she certainly saw the appeal of it. "dawn" She said, smiling slightly. 
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He nodded. "It indeed is" he answered. If given time, he could no doubt give a much better poem about the dawn of the day. "Think it suits the dawn? I personally love seeing the dawn" he said, and for once he did not mean it as a flirt. Engel indeed did enjoy seeing the dawn. the promise of a new day. "So...how is your father? I haven't talked to him much."
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

She dipped her head in silent agreement, though his poem only suited the perfect dawn, in her mind; the one rife with colour and warmth and beauty. Dawn came quietly, now, with the skies often overcast, dawn presented itself only with a gradual lightening of the black into grey. 

Engel asked after her father; she supposed he may have avoided him for a bit if he'd embarrassed himself so. "he's doing well. are you avoiding him?"  The later question was asked with curiosity and what she hoped might be some amount of tact. 
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel laughed a little at that. Was he avoiding Grayday? No, he wasn't, and he didn't even wish that upon himself. He quite liked Grayday, but he wasn't going to say that to Day's daughter. "No, just haven't seen him about...he's a good wolf, that guy."

Want to finish up soon?
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
It relieved her somewhat to hear the male wasn't outright avoiding her father; and she nodded her head at his statement. "he is." After a moment, she dipped her head, offering a quick farewell as she made her way towards the borders, remembering her original goal and not wishing to let the day slip by without completeing it.