Overture Downs Starfall
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia panted as they had been running since they left the fight. She glanced to @Alarian and @Lennon. Then out of exhaustion, she had to stop and take a breath. Then she turned on them, and for the first time in her life, she held fury. "Alarian...you...you...stupid...ahh!" She tossed her head away from him, she could not bare to even look at him right now.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian stopped when Korei did, and his eyes went wide with hurt at her words. He had been protecting her, hadn't he?

Wha-- He stopped, then whined plaintively. He threatened us! After the way he treated you, did you think he was bluffing?

And then the boy was irritated with Korei, with himself, and words tumbled from him unbidden. I had to do something-- there are wolves out there who will hurt you if you let them. And you would have let him. I would have turned my back for a second and I'd be down and you'd be gone. Gone, Korei, don't you get it? He was yelling the last few words, but his tone wasn't hostile, just upset. His next words were softer, filled with guilt. I'm sorry I yelled. I just... I can't let anything happen to you.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
In the recent past, Lennon believed the greatest psychical he’d ever feel was when his leg was first injuries - only now did he realize how terribly wrong he’d been to think so. Their short journey since the brawl was spent without a word from the male, jaw shut tightly, gaze intent on only looking forward and not dare glance at the others in fear of bursting. 

It seems he wasnt the only one upset, but in this break he took it as a time of rest. The insane amount of pain was unbearable, but he managed to be quiet and deal with everything by himself. Any help would likely only rupture the volcano boiling within him, so he laid and cleaned the significant greater gash. When Alarian began to yell, he held back as much as he could before taking the time to stand up -again- and turned around all so he could ignore them as much as possible.
living is easy with eyes
closed
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
If there was one thing Korei hated, she hated being yelled at. She turned back on him, snapping with words back at him. "You could have left it at that, ignored his threat! He was offering me a home, because he thought I had been left alone!" she argued back. Her eyes stung with tears, and a dull pain round her ear she was beginning to notice. 

His last few words of shouting, they hit her hard. Very hard. She looked shocked, and then she turned away again. And then her body was shook with quiet sobs.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian’s ears flattened when Korei responded. Too hurt to say anything else, he turned away to leave for awhile. To clear his mind.
Then a horrifying thought struck him; what if the two did not want him around anymore? What if he had messed everything up? He sucked in a breath and planted himself where he stood, laying about five feet from the others. The boy didn't dare leave for fear he might never find them again if he did.
Later he would accept it if they told him to leave, find somewhere he could let himself rot. There would be no point in trying again if they rejected him.
But for now the idea of being sent away tore at him more than any teeth or claws ever could.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Ignoring the short spat was hard enough, but the weeps is his young companion was unable to be ignored. He lifted himself up, aching in pain, before limping over next to her and lazily placing his head against her own. Rubbing his muzzle on her fur, trying to cheer her up in anyway. 

”There’s no way we would’ve let that happen.” He whispered, referring to her death. His words were fact, sparing his own life for Korei’s in a heartbeat, and didn’t doubt that Alarian felt the same. Every second he felt pangs of agony from his leg, spreading to every part of his body, emphasizing the bruises agaisnt his side.
living is easy with eyes
closed
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei leaned her head against Lennon's, nuzzling her face against his. She went to put her head underneath his, until she hissed in pain and jerked her head back. She could feel the pain of her torn ear now, but couldn't see it. "My ear...it hurts..." Now that she was turned half around, she saw how Alarian looked. She forgot the pain and went up to him to cuddle up to him, in apology for the spat they had. 

"I...I don't want to lose either of you...I don't know what it...what it is, but I don't just feel safe around you...I feel wanted, needed." She felt like she had a use.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali looked up at Korei when she came near him, gasping when he saw her ear-- or rather, lack of. He wasn't sure what to say, so he went with responding first. I don't want to lose you either-- or Lennon. You are wanted, Korei, and needed. Unlike me. That's why it upset me so much... to hear him tell you that you're alone now. You never will be. Not while Lennon and I still draw breath.

The boy paused a moment, awkwardly. Korei, uhh... don't freak out, but your ear... it's not there.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Still bubbling with rage, he allowed Korei to speak to Alarian alone. If she were to need him by her side he’d be there, but if not he would tend to himself. There was no way he could allow this wound to get infected, or he may lose an entire leg. 

He felt bad for Korei’s loss, but for now he wasn’t capable of comforting her unless she was in large need.
living is easy with eyes
closed
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She shook her head. "No, I don't want you to. I want you to live, we can all be together, and-" she paused when Alarian spoke, and she wriggled her ears. Only to feel the pained one was catching no wind. She put a paw over it to rub over the end of it, only to find nothing. Her face froze with fear as she felt nothing there. "My...my..." Then she found herself frozen.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy rushed forward when Korei began to realize her ear was gone, pushing his muzzle to her cheek.
Hey, hey, it's okay. You're gorgeous, ear or not. We'll take good care of it, make sure it heals well, and you'll be fine. He finished with a reassuring smile, moving to gently draw his tongue across her torn ear. Ali knew it might hurt, but it was still caked with blood and saliva.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei shook a little as he licked her torn ear, as it did hurt. Then she looked to his jaw, and how torn up it was. So she did the same for him, attempting to clean it of blood while occasionally flinching. She was no longer crying, the occasional hiccup however. She had been so close to losing them.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali quietly endured the pain of her licking the wounds on his face as he groomed her ear. He was as gentle as possible with the torn nub while cleaning it. When he had finished, he licked her cheek once, gently, and leaned closer to her.

The boy wrapped himself protectively around Korei, leaning in close to murmur so only she could hear him.
Korei, you are so precious to me. I hope you can forgive me for yelling at you. He licked her cheek again. I only want to see you safe and happy.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei felt all warm inside as Alarian leaned in, wrapping against her protectively, and she put her head on him. She may have been mad at him, but she was very forgiving, quickly. "I do, Ali" she said quietly, with a nickname she had never used on him before.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Archiving!
Relief flooded him at the words, and a second feeling crept in behind the relief-- a warmth spreading in his chest at the nickname. It was so small, but it spoke of familiarity, and he treasured it. The boy pressed closer to Korei, knowing they would have to get moving again soon but not wanting to. He wanted to stay wrapped around her forever, to shield her from the world both physically and emotionally.
Thank you. Ali nosed her fur gently, thinking to himself that he did not intend to take her forgiveness for granted.

It would be some time before they moved on again.