Sunbeam Lair a daydream spills from my corked head;
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Alarian was quick to wash himself off and hunt for the three, pushing all thoughts aside in favor of the mindless hunt.

When he had finished, he carried three rabbits and a squirrel. An odd combination-- and awkward to carry all at once, but it would keep them fed. The boy hurried back to the cave, worried he had taken too long. It didn't occur to him that Engel's scent might yet linger on his fur. No, he was too wrapped up in his earlier dilemma to consider that.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon had been resting his leg while Alarian was out catching their food. It made him feel useless, not being able to provide for the group and instead just lay around as defense in case of any danger. Not likely than much danger would allow itself through such an odd entrance. 

When Alarian came home, he subconsciously thumped his tail against the ground and lifted his head, feeling almost like a puppy. Though this excited feeling was interrupted by the sudden smell of a stranger. He was instantly on alert, standing up and rushing (limping faster than usual) to Ali, running his nose around the cave searching for the source. ”Guys, I smell someone close,” he lifted his nose in the air, ”Was someone following you? Did that wolf send a scout? Did–,” his questions ceased as he realized the scent was coming from Ali. ”Did someone hurt you, again?” 

Lennon shoved his nose into his companions fur, attempting to figure out what happened.
living is easy with eyes
closed
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia stirred awake as she heard talking, raising her head with tired eyes as she spied Lennon and Alarian. She stood up slowly, smacking her chops together before giving off a large, quite loud yawn and then heading over to them with a small smile. She snuggled up close to Lennon, not even paying attention to the conversation right away. "What's going on?" she asked, still barely awake. 

Then she smelt another scent. One she did not recognize as any of them, and her eyes widened as she recalled the last time they had encountered someone familiar, and backed away slowly. "W-What?" she asked, now just hearing the conversation, and understanding it. "Someone attacked Alarian?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali dropped what he was carrying, eyes widening at Lennon's words. No-- I'm okay, I just... ran into someone friendly.
He was touched by the concern, though it intensified his own feelings of guilt. The boy licked his companion's cheek gently, about to speak more when he was interrupted by Korei's question-- and then he felt overwhelming dread.

The last thing Alarian had wanted was for Korei to know. It had been such an effort, acting like nothing had happened, but he had done it for her sake. And now there was no hiding it. Tail tucked between his legs, ears flattened, he began to stammer: No!-- I mean-- it was... a few days ago. Not now, it hasn't happened again! Don't worry Korei, please.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
The kind welcome from both Korei and Alarian water downed his protective attitude, but only somewhat. He was wondering if this was a cover story, if Alarian was hiding what happened in order to spare them from worry. He shifted his attention to the palest of the group, cutting Ali off from her a moment. ”Hold on a sec, love.” He shot her an apologetic glance, not wanting to exclude her; but knowing if Ali was protecting her from something, he wouldn’t say it. 

He herded the other so they could talk as privately as available. ”What happened?” Lennon questioned, his eyes filled with fret. He hasn’t realized that the boy was being completely honest - that he just had a very friendly encounter.
living is easy with eyes
closed
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia did get worried however. How both of them had barely shared a greeting to her, and she was getting more and more worried. Was someone tracking them? Then the worst fear came. Had their attackers from before, were they hunting them? 

She pulled back a bit as they moved away, left sitting there on her own. Her eyes darted over to them, then the entrance.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ummm. The boy could feel the heat spreading through his face. Lennon, I promise-- no one hurt me.
He ducked his head from embarrassment. He just-- we got along well.
Okay, that was a terrible way to put it. Ali hoped his companion wouldn't read into it and know what he meant. The thought of it was mortifying. He regretted doing it at all, right then-- but it wasn't like Lennon was going to be jealous or anything. It wasn't like he wanted him.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon stared at Alarian with a perplexed expression, attempting to decipher whatever code he was speaking. Were they playing? He pictured him bouncing around with another wolf, and wasn’t entirely against the idea - but wasn’t exactly the most supportive. At least without bringing them back, or mentioning to them his foolings. 

Though, if he was only having harmless fun, why was he so nervous; and how often did chiding around stick a scent to you so strong? Why wouldn’t Ali just openly express— it dawned on Lennon what the boy had meant. ”Oh,” He paused for a moment, calculating his thoughts to make sure he was right, ”Oh.” His mahogany eyes widened with awkwardness and stepped away slightly from his friend, glancing down at Korei with a hard expression. 

”Everything’s...fine.” He attempted to give a real smile, but could only manage a sarcastic smirk or else he’d look like an insane clown, otherwise.
living is easy with eyes
closed
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei looked as the two conversed, and she could not hear a word. She was starting to panic as the previous thought got to her, and the world seemed to darken as the thought of them coming to finish them off claimed her mind. She was shivering by now, that was until Lennon's voice brought her out of it.

"Lennon, are you sure?" She waited for a moment before sighing. "Oh...th-that's good...for a moment I thought they were comign to get us, and I-I didn't want that."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali was puzzled by Lennon's reaction, deducing that he had figured out what he meant by the awkwardness, but-- what was with his tone, and that sudden odd expression? It didn't occur to the boy (yet) that he may have underestimated the depth of his companion's feelings for him. He thought perhaps Lennon was upset that he had engaged with a stranger, given their recent fight.
Alarian touched his nose to Lennon's neck tentatively, only holding the contact for a moment before he turned to address Korei. The smile he offered her was a bit nervous, but genuine. No one is coming for us, Korei.

The boy gestured to the pile of dead animals he had hauled in with him. I brought food for us.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
It hadn’t even occurred to Lennon why he felt like this – was it jealousy? Sure, he’s been upset when his old best friend chose to spend time with random whores wolves, instead of him. He gently pushed his head agaisnt Korei’s, noticing how worried she’d got. ”Sorry to startle you like that.” he felt bad for making such a ruckus over something so “small”. 

He had a weird want to meet this wolf, to scrutinize him and to pick apart how much less of a wolf he was compared to himself. Instead he just awkwardly shifted away from the others, grabbing a squirrel for himself as he did so. ”Uh...thanks.”
living is easy with eyes
closed
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei leaned up to Lennon and rubbed against him, now smiling. How had she gotten so lucky to meet two of the best wolves she could find. Always caring for her. Her tail got started wagging happily. 

"I feel great to have you guys...here with....with me" she said quietly with a yawn in between, slowly closing her eyes, and before long she was falling asleep. She had been quite tired, a lot recently. And she needed sleep, so much sleep. But she wasn't fully asleep just yet. She leaned up as Lennon moved away, and blinked at him tiredly.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
We love being here with you too, Korei. Alarian assured her softly, not wanting to disturb her if she was that tired.
He plucked the smallest rabbit from the pile, suddenly not as hungry as he had been before, and laid near the two to eat it. The boy was silent as he tore into the small creature slowly, a change from his usually very enthusiastic manner of eating meals. He was deep in thought.
Of course, about the only thing that could put such a serious expression on his face-- Lennon. As he ate, he wondered and wondered what that interaction had meant.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
”No place I’d rather be.” Even in the midst of his strangely teenager emotion, Lennon couldn’t shy away from Korei’s kind words. All his confusion melted away for a brief moment as he admired her. His gaze then landed on Alarian and suddenly it all flooded back, filling him up to the rim. 

He returned to aimlessly tearing at the squirrel, not even realizing that he hadn’t taken a single bite.
living is easy with eyes
closed
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia smiled, oblivious to the feelings between the two males ash she slowly went to sleep, curling up on the ground. She had sweet dreams of the three in a meadow, and that brought a smile to her face as they ran about playing in her dreams.