Ankyra Sound one gonna hold my thoughts and another gonna hold my bones
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
All Welcome 

ingram was aware that other wolves occupied the sound -- one such wolf he had met already, and found positively terrifying. his comrade, a sharp-faced wych with a youthful consort, had made her presence known in the grotto quite plainly. for that reason alone, ingram often avoided the dark halls in favor of the endless swath of sand.

he had decided today would be spent reinforcing the perimeters. with chusi here, his vigilance was doubled; there was some strange emotion that overtook him when he thought of her and that emotion made him protective. it made him want to be better.

he passed along the fringe of sequoias just in front of the grotto, and lifted a hind leg against its gnarled bark. all he could think of was that he better make it known that wolves were here -- and everyone else could quite simply "get the fudge out".
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille traveled toward the entrance of the Grotto, but he did not go all the way as he waited inside. Drageda was close, and if he went out, he was afraid of being spotted by them after going there. He scented another nearby, but the scent let just outside, so he waited past the entrance, somewhere in the darkness of the Grotto.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
with the tree thoroughly doused in ingram's urine, he struck off towards the tree-line. he flim-flammed between boldly strutting into their massive realm, or just going back to the beach to mark elsewhere.

in the end his lack of courage won, and he scampered out of the shadow of the massive sequoias and past the grotto. something out of the corner of his eye caught his gaze and he slammed on the brakes, sand flying underneath his bent hocks.

"what's that?" he called suspiciously into the dark, wondering if he had imagined whatever sprite it was that had flashed in his peripherals.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille hid back in the darkness when he heard someone running back. Then he saw them, and apparently they had caught a glimps of him as well. "I'm, uh...Arrille...Caiaphas brought me here" he said from the darkness. He hoped he was hidden, until he knew if this wolf was also with Caiaphas or not.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram peered into the pitch-colored entrance, seeing very little. he was about to turn around when a voice answered him. it was very distinctly young, so he assumed it must be the pup that lycaon's strange mana had purloined. ingram did not share lycaon's love for the silver witch - she scared him, and he was too young to recall the way she had nurtured him as a youth.

that was the nature of youths -- to rebel most against those who care for them the most. he stepped forward and leveled the dark entrance a sulky look. "oh, you're with her." he said flatly. realizing he came off as rude he added: "wellll, i'm gonna go and mark the borders. wanna come?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He didn't understand the tone of this male's first words, was he with her? Then the next words confirmed it, as he must have been marking the borders of this place. Arrille stepped out of the darkness, now in full view. "Um...sure" he whispered quietly, going up slowly toward the entrance. Then stopping there, as he did not want to go out alone.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram had already turned away, assuming his invitation was one too good to be refused. only, he did not hear footsteps. he whirled around and peered at the mouth of the grotto, squinting as he tried to pull from the blackness any discernable shape.

perhaps it was tachyon coming out in him, but he was not exasperated by arrille's actions. "let's go," he said as he walked into the cave, and then immediately marched out -- he assumed arrille would follow for real this time.

"i'm ingram, by the way."
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille followed Ingram along after the second invitation, staying on the side opposite of Drageda. He would occasionally glance over that way. He watched Ingram, as he called himself as they moved toward the borders. "How...how did you meet Caiaphas?"
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram caught the small furtive glances, but said nothing right away. he thought of how best to answer the young wolf's question. boy, was it a loaded one. and not one that was exactly palatable among company.

he took a big breath, walked across a cluster of ferns, rolled all up in their business, and then answered while still on his back: "good question.. uh. let's see. this used to be a pack. my mom got caught trespassing by the pack and was held captive for months and your buddy just happened to be the leader. i was born here while she was a captive, but i don't remember much cause my mom managed to escape - she took me and wylla, we're looking for her by the way, know anyone named wylla?" he didn't really give arrille a chance to answer. "anyways, yeah, good ol mom escaped with me and wylla, but left lycaon behind. lycaon's my other brother. good dude. great at peeing on things. but i think that's the short and sweet of it. aren't you glad you asked?" he flashed arrille a grin before flipping over and righting himself up; he gave a big dusty shake and then fell on the next pile of leaves with the same gusto.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He wanted to quickly pipe up and say that Caiaphas was not his buddy, she had only promised him answers to questions he had about his father. But Ingram continued, so he kept his mouth shut and continued to listen. By the sounds of it, he did not like Caiaphas too much. 

He shook his head to the question as Ingram continued speaking. "I....um...." He wasn't sure at all how to answer that question. He stepped back while thinking of words as Ingram fell on a pile of leaves.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram's little introduction left his comrade speechless. arrille was lucky he only got the quicknotes version. with a grin he shifted onto his elbows and looked at the boy, who was still fumbling for something to say.

"you could help if you're just gonna stand there." he said with a wink, motioning towards another pile that could use arrille's attention.  shortly after he got up and stalked towards another bush. "so, how bout you? we can talk and mark at the same time. not hard, see?" he threw himself into bush this time, rubbing his back along the thorny edges with great zest.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille shook his head, and his face flushed as he realized he had been fumbling. He went about marking as Ingram did, rubbing himself about. It wasn't how he usually marked borders, but he guessed it was just as effective. "Well...she met me when I was traveling. She said I looked like someone she knew, and turns out she knew my father. Raised him, as she said...and she promised me answers about him."
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram was pleased to see arrille arise from his momentarily bount of speechlessness, and he appraised the male's actions as he rolled about besides him. it was good fun to ingram -- after a while peeing loses its luster, and plus, the bladder gets empty -- this was a good way to leave markings without needing to pound eight liters of water a second.

"oh, that's cool." he said, understanding the want to learn more about one's history - their family, where they came from. ingram used to think about their father too, but lusca spoke so rarely of him that as far as he knew, his father may well have been a ghost. "i never knew my dad, so i get that. you're looking for answers." he affirmed, delightedly plopping from one bush onto the next.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille didn't really think it cool so much, the boy went around for the next spot to spread his scent to mark the borders while continuing to listen. "My father, I knew him. But he one day disappeared...I don't know where." He paused for a moment, thinking about his father. And how he was supposedly dead.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
arrille shared his story and it evinced a frown from the dark youth -- their lives had not been so different up until now. other than arrille having known his father, which ingram suspected was somehow worse -- his disappearance must have thrust a knife through the child's heart.

"yeah.. " he sighed, getting up and stretching his legs with a yawn. "i'm sorry pal. maybe someday he'll come back, yeah?" ingram was tired already of the scent marking, but with arrille here at least the boredom was kept at bay.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He nodded sadly to Ingram's words. He looked about, as he was growing tired as well. "Should...should we head back now?" he asked, keeping to the side of Ingram opposite of Drageda as to remain hidden. He always expected as if Drageda itself had eyes, watching down at him.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram caught the furtive glances the male stole to the cliff, but wrongly assumed it was because he, like ingram, was aware there was a pack up there. ingram was many things but he was not always sharp on the uptake -- it would take him a while to put the pieces together.

he squatted by one last bush and let loose a slow stream -- his bladder was thoroughly empty, and he took that as a sign. "good idea." with that, the ink colored male slid into a slow amble down to the grotto. if he was lucky, perhaps there would be some cache in the cave. he was looking forward to a meal after his exertions.
i'm gonna hold a pen