Whitefish River girlie, who are you?
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird

It was a melody that Forrest had learned when she was just a kid herself but one that tasted just as smooth, no matter how old. She hummed the ditty as she padded along the run of the river, her eyes watching for anything to temporarily sate her hunger. Most little things had hidden themselves away, but Forrest wasn't enough to go after anything too large, thus she would have to settle for a few winter berries, provided she could find them.

They were gonna make her feel alright until she could make it to that pack she was en route to, at which point she'd probably start to feel a pretty shitty. Literally. Forrest silently prayed that they would have at least one healer with a fleshed out herb cache. Otherwise, things could get messy.
"Life is a winking light in the darkness."
Hayao Miyazaki
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Sorry for the wait!

It'd been long since Lavender had felt as adventurous as she did, and she seized this rare sentiment to investigate Morningside's neighboring territory. Although she did not stray far from home, as the smell of the borders lingered just a few yards behind her, this was a big outing for Lavender. 

Her body quaked as she tiptoed along Whitefish River. She kept her head low to the ground as she investigated, and occasionally she'd pause to sniff an unfamiliar scent. It was in the midst of this moment that Lavender caught movement up ahead, and spotted a stranger in the distance. 

Frankly, Lavender had never had the best of luck with strangers. Yeilding her inner-consciousness' concern, she promptly backpedaled from the spot that she had detected the presence of another and kept her eyes on the stranger; she would not be a victim again.
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Forrest hadn't thought much of the distant figure until drawing in close enough to spot the paint splattered child. A masterpiece, she thought to herself, What a beautiful creation. She wanted to call out to her and beckon her forward, but the clear fear on the child's face stopped any noise aside from a low whimper. Forrest allowed her ears to fall back as she lowered herself down to the ground in a prostrated position, then onto her side. 

She watched the girl, hoping that she might calm a bit, then whispered, Girlie?
Hayao Miyazaki
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Forrest's words caused for Lavender to pause. Girlie? What was that? Her curiosity got the better of her, and she shot the stranger a look of confusion. "Girlie?" she asked softly. She tilted her head then, unable to comprehend the word. "Whats that?" 
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Forrest's nose twitched as she thought about how such a simple question could be so difficult to answer. Women often asked the hard questions, like why their mates had left or their children passed, and she responded with reassuring grace. Even when the children in her classes asked about where babies came from, Forrest was able to answer their questions with ease. But something about having to explain the simple meaning of "girlie" was enough to leave her speechless for a good moment.

That's a good question, I don't think I've ever thought about it. Another moment of silence. It's sorta like sweetpea, or darling. It's just something that you call someone when you don't know someone's name yet, or when you do know, but you think they need something a little sweeter. Forrest smiled at the unique little sprite then with a closed smile, I like giving nicknames. What about you?
Hayao Miyazaki
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Forrest's answer was sufficient enough to gain a little more of Lavender's trust. Although she understood the gist of the explanation, she did not acknowledge the fact. Instead, she considered what her talents involved. A frown settled upon her soft features as falsehoods plagued her mind; she could only think of the negative aspects of her being. "I... shiver... a lot." she decided as her ears fanned to lay upon her skull.
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Forrest furrowed her brow with immediate frustration. She didn't understand why it was so easy for youngsters like Girlie to develop the idea that anything about themselves was short of a miracle. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of, she said, I'm sure you'll fare just fine come summer. I think that's the best season of them all, anyway. The water is warm again, the trees have won back their green, the flowers are in full bloom; what is there not to like? 

With a sigh and a short look over, Forrest asked, Tell me, have you ever seen a lavender-rose patch? They were some of the most divine creations, she thought. I think that you would like them, girlie.
Hayao Miyazaki