Blacktail Deer Plateau Mini
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic

Pema was taking a small mid day nap. Alot had happened within the last couple days. The pack had had a breeding season meeting. Engel was out of the pack. There were various injuries her and there that she had treated and needed to catch up on. And Burr wanted to go home soon. She just needed some time to relax.

Her den was nice and cozy as usual, acting as a safe haven from the cold winter exterior. The sun was nicely reflecting off the snow and leaking into the entrance of the den. A nice sight to see when she would occasionally open her eyes due to a noice or passing body. 
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Shivers quaked Lavender's body; an excursion outside of Pema's den had run longer than Lavender had anticipated, and she found herself too cold to go any further. Retracing her steps, she made quick time in returning to the den where she spent most of her time. 

The rush of warmth that greeted her as she entered was welcomed, and for a moment, she savored the sensation as she shook herself in the den's foyer. 

When she surveyed the cave, she spotted Pema curled up near the rear. Her breath hitched in the back of her throat as she realized that the medic was asleep, and suddenly she became more aware of the noise she had made. With a twinge of guilt, as she worried that she had been too loud upon entering the den, Lavender tiptoed forward; she fancied the idea of an afternoon nap and was eager to join Pema.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She could hear the wind blowing outside along with rushed feet heading her way. Her ears twitched and one of her eyes peared open to see alittle Lavender rush into the den from the cold outside world. She closed her eyes once again once she realized who it was, hoping that she would not notice that she was not fully asleep.

When she realized that Lav had slowed her steps she held back a smirk, thinking of how cute the girl was being. When she came to lay down beside her she quickly squeezed the girl with cuddles and giggled. She soon felt how cold she was. "My poor girl. You'll wither away out in that cold."
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
A sudden rush of warmth enveloped Lavender as Pema drew her closer to cuddle; she couldn't help but let out of squeak in surprise. Lavender had been convinced that Pema had been napping but, it appeared as though the opposite was factual— she seemed wide awake! 

"I was about to! That's why I came back to the den!" Lavender informed her mother as another shiver shook her fragile frame. "Pema," Lavender addressed suddenly, her eyes full of worry as she craned her head to get a better look at the leader. "Will it always be this cold?" Although her voice was hesitant, as she was worried that her question might come across as silly, she felt genuine fear towards the subject; Lavender wasn't sure how much longer she could take the frigid weather.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Once she grabbed hold of the sweet thing she settled down, curling around her and muzzling up against her. Even though her fur was thinner and less suited for the winter, her coat was still very soft. She rested her head down and looked at Lavender who asked her a seemingly simple question, but the tone in her voice suggested real concern rather then just childish interest.

"No. It's usually not this cold. Most of the year it's warm and sunny, perfect for you. It'll be cold for a few more months, but then it will start to warm up." she said in an encouraging and comforting voice.

"So what were you doing out there?" she asked wondering what mischief she might be getting herself into.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
It made her happy to think that one day the cold would be gone, but for now it wasn't quite enough. A mere breeze was enough to make her shiver and tremble, and she did not like it. The fact that nobody else felt the cold as she did, biting and sharp and sometimes so numbing she dared not leave the den, well, it wasn't fair. There was a look on Lavender's face for a moment, a hesitation, and this was plain upon it.

Pema redirected and Lavender took the bait, her doubts fading swiftly as her body temperature increased. Nothing really, just seeing if anyone was around. Everybody was always so busy doing things, and then there was Lavender - a homebody, but not by choice. I want to be helpful to everyone! But I don't like having to wait, it was silly but she just wanted to participate the way everyone else did, and she did not like her obvious limitations.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She didn't seem to be up to much, but Pema could sence her disappointment. She spoke about wanting to help others, the Pema though she must meant out there. Everyone else was out there and she was unable to venture that far out of the den. An aganizing fate for such and young and adventures pup Pema thought. Wanting to cheer her up a bit and not put down her hopes she thought of something. "You don't have to wait to be helpful sweety. You don't even have to leave the den. You can help me right here." she said hoping to peak her interest.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
What could she do in the den? Pema's comments had her curiousity piqued, but she couldn't think of anything helpful at all. Lavender had spent so long in the den with the onset of winter that it had become more like a small prison to her - she'd seen every wall, slept upon every inch of the floor, investigated every nook and cranny.

However, if Pema said she could help — Really? Her curled ears wiggled as they shifted forwards atop her head, and she watched the other wolf with a mildly skeptical level of hope and interest. What do you mean? What can I do?
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She had made the comment to cheer the girl up, but felt rushed when the girl went further into her questioning. She wasn't really sure what she could help with right know, but she knew that life in the den could be enjoyable, and Lavender could be a part of the pack even if she was confined to the den.

Then something came to Pema, though she wasn't sure if it would satisfy Lavender's desire to be helpful. "So you know how mommy helps others right? When they are sick or hurt. Well when I need to keep a close eye on them they stay here. In this very den. But it can be hard to look after someone all alone. I would love to have an extra set of hands." she said waiting to see what Lavender would think of it.