Ankyra Sound one gonna help me get up, another gonna help me stop
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
All Welcome 

shortly after their reunion the duo made for the cliff-face where the cavernous grotto sat, a dark and impressive series of tunnels ingram had only just discovered the full breadth of. he liked to imagine he strolled alongside his dark-furred companion with confidence: instead his legs felt wiggly and full of jelly, and his belly had a strange sensation cradled within it.

he was in some ways fearful of lycaon's rejection - what if the two didn't like each other? it was not like ingram to bring women home -- perhaps his brother would see what ingram saw in her and welcome her readily.

except, on second thought, ingram didn't want him to see what he saw in her - what if he liked her too much? what if she liked lycaon better than him? he felt his stomach flip - it was simply too much for his adolescent mind to grapple.

"lycaon?" ingram called as he stepped under the dark hearth of stone and vine, his voice carrying in small trembles down the cavern. for a brief pause ingram turned to look at chusi, seeking her gaze briefly before he sank into the mouth of the grotto.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She followed him with a bounce in her step, her lack of true energy due to the weeks spent alone making her talk less than when they were standing still. She dearly hoped she wouldn't fall ill, for she had never truly been it and it kind of scared her. The worst part would be the possibility of her infecting the brothers, though it would make for a good excuse to stay warmer by cuddling. When the grotto came in sight, a twinge of fear caused her to stop nearly completely still when Ingram did. She didn't like small spaces, possibly due to her trauma as a lil' bean, and the thought of getting trapped sent shivers down her grey spine.

She swallowed away that fear when he looked at her, trying to act as tough as the very rocks they were going to be surrounded by in just a few seconds, and took small steps behind Ingram as they entered.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
you are never gonna be saved by kicking roses
109 Posts
Ooc —
the histrionics were fresh, barely plugged into! Lycaon had all but ten minutes to flourish on the grotto floor before his brother had arrived at the front door with the object of his erection...his to-do list... new friend. of the female persusasian.

well, nature would see to it that very little persuading would need be done on Chusi's part. showing up had been about the extent of her participation before the duo decided to blow the lid off the entire thing and show Lycaon immediately what they had a-brewin'. 

with just enough time to settle into a very moody, very sulky corner, Lycaon was displeased when the flinching voice of his brother echoed like an insiduous CO leak through the vents of the grotto. and he just knew, intuitively, that he did not come bearing gifts.

a dour look washed him, ears careening like airplane wings. after letting Ingram marinate in the tension for a long moment, Lycaon came forth from the ingress, looking his brother right in the eyes. "just tell her we're not interested in her cookies. you don't have to buy into every scheme that knocks on your head Ingram." he deliberately glanced at Chusi. "we're not interested."
[Image: lieslpixel.gif]
run in here come get yall juice
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
as he crawled into the grotto, he was aware of chusi's shadow behind him. it never occured to him that she might be scared (well, any wolf with sense probably would have eyeballed the entrance to this monstrous cave with serious side-eye). ahead the last shaft of daylight remained, punctuated by their shadows as they moved along the cavern.

lycaon came into view astoundingly quick, and even in the darkness it was not difficult to make out the coldness that seeped from his brother, colder even then the stone floor they tread upon. ingram could not meet his brother's gaze - it was too adamant and ingram was too much of a little binch to challenge it.

every part of him wanted to say he was interested, that Chusi was here for a reason, that she was a friend, that she was staying -- but for whatever reason that old and familiar feeling of incompetence trickled into his core. he found his voice dripping away from him. Chusi would have to do the talking, as once more Ingram resumed his deer-in-headlights look.

which wasn't, in hindsight, that great of a look on him anyway.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
If winter was cold, this guy was a fucking blizzard. Not only did Chusi not like the way he talked to his own brother (she would never ever be so rude to her own), she wasn't really thrilled by his way of saying he wanted her gone. But Chusi was hard to get rid of, especially if it involved Ingram. Besides, where had Lycaon been in their childhood? She put on her determined face, decided it was not the way to go about this, and thought of something better.

Hiya, I'm Chusi. She greeted with a meant smile, eyes lighting up despite the darkness. Kill them with kindness had always been her way of dealing with not-so-nice wolves, and she supposed this situation was not so different from any of those. It's really nice ta meetcha - Ingram told meh 'bout you 'n Wylla. She informed, a smile forever present on her pointed pretty face. Her eyes fluttered quickly to Ingram. Ya see, we know eachotha from when we were lil'. Perhaps this all was enough to persuade Lycaon to just let her stay with them. She could hunt and knew these lands better than them most likely, especially more inward. If they wanted to find their sister so badly, what better addition to the group than a particularly good scout?]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
109 Posts
Ooc —
at his core, Lycaon probably did feel some measure of contrition for his lack of manners when it came to his brother introducing new flames. or, old flames, according to the one flaring boldly before him like a fuckin' flambeau. or one of those birthday candles that doesn't go out when you blow on it, building frustration that would later be corroboated by the clenched fist covered in red velvet.

Lycaon's gaze did not waver from Chusi as she chirruped about her savory history with his brother, until verrrrry slowly and unblinkingly, as she spoke about knowing him and Wylla, he turned to face his hangdog kin.

he gave a single,

hard,

blink.

what in the world was happening? he snapped his eyes back to Chusi. "that's real sweet." his tail lashed against his hocks, eyes warming up for a tender, loving, sarcastic moment before flashing to a chill again again. "previously unknown information--you're not 'lil' anymore. you don't know anything about each other." an attempted plea, mainly directed towards his brother, who had yet to interject in defense of his potential love interest.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he knew lycaon would not be thrilled with the introduction of a new friend, but had not expected his brother to go to such extraordinarily cold measures. he felt a lump in his throat and nearly hiccuped a small meep as the severity of lycaon's hard-meant blink hit him like a lash of tongues.

ok, got it, message received, roger, read you loud and clear, affirmative - Lycaon Did Not Want.

chusi was holding her own though, far better than he - ironic considering he was supposed to be the one more familiar with lycaon's pedantic nature. yet chusi was floating along just fine, like a downright cheery buoy -- while he sank like a rotten bag of seeping trash.

"she knows this place though," he practically pleaded, finding his voice but for a second: "she can help us find wylla." as if finding wylla was the single only reason ingram wanted chusi besides him. maybe lycaon would buy it.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She pouted, her angry face (that was more cute or disgruntled (Yes, that just sounded cuter than angry) than actually angry) taking over. Okay, nice and sweet did not work. She got it. She puffed out her chest a little, because a Fearghal never showed weakness to those that did not want them. At least, she thought they didn't. Well, she didn't, and that was the point. I know he wants meh 'ere, and as his friend, imma stay. She insisted, falling quiet when Ingram spoke up.

It was about time, to be very honest. She was not going to win an argument like this without him helping. She nodded, determination never leaving her gaze. 'n I can hunt. Three can kill more than just two. It was, for their survival, best to stick together like any sane wolf would do. Then again, she was doubting the guy's sanity. All she was to the team was a plus, right? Knowing the place rather well, independent hunter, pretty alright fighter - why was he so against her joining? It wasn't like she was anywhere near desirable enough for Ingram to just come with her to wherever they wanted to go... Right?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
109 Posts
Ooc —
the silver-rimmed boy finally spoke his piece, albeit a piece that was crumbling and with a voice like deflating balloon. Lycaon's eyes could only harden at the plea--he loved his brother and wanted his happiness intact--but he wanted him to be happy in the least convulated, limerent way possible. this is the kind of trouble that led to more mouths to being fed and Lycaon wasn't having any of it.  

"i know this place better than either of you, so enough of that." he snapped at Ingram. it stung that he would use knowledge of this place as a bargaining chip--if anyone knew Ankrya Sound--anyone that was still around--it was Lycaon. he felt a strange possessiveness limber in his legs. he didn't want to hear anymore pretext, or supplications from the two. "do what you want, you will anyway." he cut her off harshly, turning to Ingram. "you know why i'm against this. be gone when i come back. find your own den. this one is for family."

he knew it would hurt; they grew up roistering in these dim passageways. but he didn't care, he felt betrayed and jealous and scared. "we've gotten this far without you, don't make the mistake of assuming you're useful." he gnarled. some green, fearful monster had completely assimilated his body and he had little control over his incivility. every ire-stricken word was like vomitus bubbling from his throat.

giving the two one final, slow-burning look, Lycaon huffed and shoved past them, leaving the grotto in his rearview mirror and not giving it a backwards glance.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram was genuinely hurt by lycaon's adamant rejection - he had not forseen this when he envisioned introducing the two. stupidly and without any regard for the reality they lived in, ingram imagined that this introduction would go smoothly.

reality was a much colder mistress, and it was just another notch in ingram's naivette stick - how many times could he get himself in an absolute asinine situation and possibly expect a different outcome?  ingram met his brother's hard gaze with a wounded expression, unwilling to crumble despite the seething tempest that strode by them and quit their company. he looked to chusi briefly, somewhat lost for words (what's new?) before sulking after the quickly receding stormpuff.

"lyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy," he cajoled, trailing his brother's snapping hocks. a smile played on his lips and he did what he knew he shouldn't -- with a jump he nipped at his brother's haunches before cackling as he quickly sprinted away.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi very much doubted that Lycaon knew the Teekons better than she did. Perhaps this particular part of the coast, but inland she was the main navigator if the group decided to stay together. She was proud of that too, and would not let this male walk all over her when he hadn't seen her in action yet. F-Friends are tha family ya pick yarself. She tried, not having expected that the brother would simply walk out. She found it rather cowardly, as if he wasn't mentally ready to simply talk about the issue.

She frowned sadly at Ingram. following his movements only with her eyes as she stood there for a moment longer. She hadn't known what to expect honestly, but this was even worse than the worst thing she could have imagined. Perhaps it really was better for her to go... She really didn't want to come between the two brothers.

She turned to watch the ordeal play out, not sure if Lycaon was able to appreciate what the silver-hackled boy was trying to do but ready to step in if needed.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
109 Posts
Ooc —
he gone!! feel free to continue <3

he snaked away with a sulk parallel to none. as wildly immature and childish as he was being, Lycaon felt eminently and rightly exonerated from any wrongdoing in his way of conducting all things related to his kinsfolk settling down with some flavor of the week. sure, he lacked certain savoir faire this time, and the entitlement over his brother's attention was nothing if not blisteringly egocentric and, to be honest, in the long term, notably unpropitious.

but, this girl was pretty much the quinntessential romantic moonlight requisition to their campaign, and Ly wouldn't be pleased until she was extricated from the picture. as far as he was concerned all this broad brought to the table was reducing his fun and fly sidekick to a floppy and flustered kitten. he would not take the transition sitting down.

an ear flicked at the wheedling lyyyyyyyyyyyy!. ornery, he ignored his brother like a pony would ignore the persistent bzzzing of a horsefly around its ears.

then he felt teeth browsing the clearance rack of his butt and that was it--he reflexively scuttled his booty to the ground, tail tucked, before swinging around with the exodus of patience bald on his face. he snapped his teeth around the space Ingram had occupied for all of three seconds before frocking away--a presumable attempt to entice pissy pants into a game of "capture the turncoat". he didn't feel like playing!! he felt like stomping. the real good stuff when you're mad. "save it!" he rejoined, before casting himself with dramatic flair down the coastline in a steamrolling snit.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram's rallying attempts had no effect on his stone-cold brother, who elected to storm off like a damsel refuted affection -- but not before imparting a cerberus-worthy kiss of fangs that snapped only inches away from ingram's snout. ingram stopped, watching his brother's sashaying behind with a look mixed between amusement and sadness.

"well fuck." he breathed as he watched his brother's hastily retreating backside. maybe the cold strand would help cool his brother's hot heels -- ingram would let lycaon be alone for a while. maybe it was just too much at once for his brother - or maybe his brother was right.

ingram pushed this thought aside and turned back to chusi, his dejection slowly receding as he glanced upon her kind features. "um. well, glad that's over." he offered a roguish smile to complement his tail wag.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi stood there rather awkwardly as the two brothers split up for who knows how long, turning just as Lycaon left. She found it rather rude she wasn't even given a chance by the paler brother, yet couldn't really blame him either. Though she herself had the feeling everyone deserved a chance in a group (especially in Teaghlaigh had she been that way, inviting the wounded and the stranded without a second thought) she knew it was perhaps not the wisest thing. Still, she could survive on her own - but perhaps the brother couldn't. She really didn't want to come between them, not even if Ingram favored.

A nervous chuckle was given in response, ears flattening in embarrassment. He's prolly nicer when I ain't around, huh? She tried to joke, but it hung like a wilting flower. Maybe he's right though. She tried, not truly wanting to leave. But, if it was the best for them, at least she could say she had tried right?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram offered a half smile as she joked, but her next statement caused distress in him. "no! he's not." ingram protested immediately, turning his head to look upon her with the most serious of ingram expressions.

solemnly he turned his gaze back to the grey coast, thinking for a moment of what had just transpired. "we need each other. three is better than two for almost anything." he said confidently, though he really knew not of what he spoke. in his mind, three wolves could take down just about anything easily and he was so tired of scrounging the shore for crabs and dead fish. he longed for venison, or anything that wasn't seafare.

"come on, i can show you where we sleep. maybe we can go look for lycaon's favorite food, and bring it into the grotto for him. his blood sugar's probably low. explains the outburst. don't know anyone who is impervious to bribery by food." with a confidence in his step he moved off to the tidepools, stopping only once to see if chusi would follow.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Visibly startled, she blinked at Ingram, and at how serious he seemed to be about her remark. It was nice to know he didn't think of it that way at all, but it didn't shake the feeling away for her. She hated fights, especially with family, and she could not see anyone feel differently about it. Lycaon was more important to him than her, at least so she thought, and it felt strange seeing him want her around. Nice... but strange.

Lycaon was right 'bout meh nut knowin' this place much, but I know tha way inland, tha packs - 'have friends all over. She added to the argument. She looked away and smiled, taking aback by a nostalgic feeling that made her tummy feel as fluttery as the butterflies themselves. Of course this place, this time, was not going to be the end of their reunion. How silly of her for thinking it. They'd met here and they'd stay here now. Ya look different now. The words were out before she had noticed, and she swallowed, hoping he wouldn't take offence to it.

Sure, what's his favorite? She asked happily then, moving to follow just a bit later.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
fade for a new one?

like any adolescent who had difficult coping with conflict, ingram chose to ignore his brother's troubling reaction and focus on their new task at hand: sourcing delectables that lycaon would enjoy.

unfortunately, he was too preoccupied with how to get shark sushi to have paid much mind to chusi's comment about his physical difference: he did glance at her briefly, assessing her in a silent manner that seemed to suggest he agreed. he nodded stiffly, but his tongue was tied. she had changed too -- ingram had always found her pretty, but she had shed her puppy proportions in favor of a more nubile shape. they were no longer puppies, though ingram still struggled with the idea of being on the cusp of adulthood. ew.

he swallowed, his ears churning to and fro as he contemplated. a small furrow appeared in his brow as he thought. "maybe we can find a herring clutch, lycaon likes eggs." he suggested hopefully, his tail swinging gently as he awaited chusi's reaction. once she confirmed he would swing off in a merry lope, keeping his troubled thoughts at bay while he was alongside chusi.
i'm gonna hold a pen