Stone Circle And they were roommates
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
open for anyone to grab. Maybe someone she's not met before or someone that wants to hunt? @Larus I think you're going for hunter right?

The air wasn't cold this morning but that was due to it being warm enough to pour rain. That's exactly what was happening as Illecebra walked through the trees, Fat droplets of rain were descending from the heavens to splatter her pelt and more often than not her face, especially her eyes. Annoyed she blinked a droplet out of her eye again, grumbling before she caught a scent that brought a thrill to her. There were pheasants around, assumedly searching for food now that the Rain was melting the snow.

Even though they had just gotten an massive intake of food from the fallen bison, she couldn't pass up the hunt and began to track it finally spotting two birds pecking at the ground side by side, separated only by a few feet. She wanted them both. The thought was greedy and she wasn't sure how she'd do it alone, so she simply sat anand stated hungrily at them.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
Note to self, Larus' timeline is a little wonky so set this before he leaves for the north.

Weather had never really been a bother for the Sveijarn. He had grown up along the coast where there was no consistency, and upon leaving the wilds the first time Larus had experienced a slew of incliment weather that aligned with the season. His travels took him all over to experience many things, and he could not be swayed by a little rain. The storm that rolled overhead was admittedly worse than that—throwing fat drops all over the valley, most of which cut through the vegetation of the trees and made their attempted cover obsolete.

It would be easier to keep warm if he was moving, and so that was what Larus decided to do. He was roaming the territory and mapping it out, but doing so at a brisk pace so as to reanimate his damp muscles. It was during this brisk run that he spotted the figure of Illecebra; she was familiar from the bison hunt. Larus slowed his pace and approached her with his rain-slick tail batting at his hocks. She wasn't watching him at all so he let out a small boof to garner her attention, yet even that did not seem to rouse her. The man turned his attention to the path of her gaze and saw the birds.

Ah, so a hunt. He wondered why anyone would hunt now, with the weather so poor and the caches so full, but he did not voice any opposition. Larus wanted to warm up and Illecebra had found something that would achieve that, so he quietly positioned himself beside her and kept his eyes upon the target. If she had directions for him then one of his pivoting ears would surely catch it.

391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She had heard the sound he made, but didn't turn around fearing that the movement would alert and startle the birds. She did give a single flick of her ear and a slight nod of her head to signal that she heard him. "Come" she said in a hushed tone still not turning to face him.

As he came over she nodded to the birds "They're usually simple to catch. I say lets creep up on them and each take one down. I'll grab the right one" she said. Without waiting for his response, being too eager to get moving she slipped forward steadily placing each paw down carefully. The birds were still turned and pecking at the grass, pulling up long worms and swallowing them down. As she got close to her catch she waited a moment and then sprung forward, landing on the bird as it flapped it's wings and screeched. She got smacked in the face by a wing but she growled and bit the back of it's neck, yanking once and breaking it's neck quickly. Panting and wincing as she realized she'd been wacked in the eye, she blinked away the tears that welled up in that eye.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

With her prompting he followed, and then things transpired swiftly. She dove after the birds and he veered after his own target, snapping his teeth and throwing his weight behind his assault. The entire event did not take more than ten minutes — maybe a little longer considering they both struggled with taming the creatures, but before long the panicked sounds of the birds were silenced with the snapping of teeth, the crunch of bone. Larus held his opponent prone between his teeth by the neck and was shaking it violently as Illecebra fought her own bird; when Larus glanced at her he only saw wings.

391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Seconds later the wings dropped stiff and she stood there blinking rapidly till she felt that her eye was clear of tears. She beamed as she turned and saw that he had taken down the bird he'd gone after. Another successful hunt done and over with! She dragged her pheasant over to him and wagged "good job! I know it wasn't exactly needed but...it'll keep for a while and you never know when something might happen and we need food. Besides....I needed to release some energy" she said in a cheerful tone.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

She was right of course. Even if the pack could take down a bison every couple of weeks, it would be good to top up the caches with an assortment of available things. It seemed as if Larus had found a family of industrial wolves; they were hunters primarily, which suited him just fine.

Well you could eat one of them now or, he plopped his kill at his paws, and took a moment to spit out a feather caught in his teeth, — we could stash them both. Its your call. I haven't acquainted myself with the cache system yet. Mostly been doing border patrols. If there isn't one nearby I suppose we could dig one too.

391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The suggestion to eat one was tempting as she was hungry enough to want to make the catch her own meal but after an assessment of how her stomach felt she decided she probably wouldn't be able to finish it herself. She could try and find Mawk to share it with, they hadn't had a meal together in a while but she didn't think that was fair to Larus. "Are you hungry enough to split it with me? I don't feel hungry enough to eat the whole thing. If not I'd say we could dig out a cache closer to the den area." She offered. She watched him spit out a feather and laughed softly before noticing that she had a few of the birds downy feathers stuck to her own muzzle. She pawed at her face until they came loose, fluttering to the ground beside her paws.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

While she spoke he was attentive, but soon began to pluck at the tail feathers of his catch. He wanted a momento beyond what the cache would represent. Once Larus had a sizable collection of feathers he would pick through them and get the largest, cleanest, most colorful for himself to keep.

But she was offering to split the other bird with him. Larus would have taken her up on the offer if he had been hungry, but he wasn't. Eat what you want, then you can bring it over to the dens and help me fill a cache - ok? With that he grabbed his bird and jauntily began to carry it to the area she had specified; there he would dig out a deep pit for the carcass, and likely leave it exposed for her to use as well.

391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She nodded silently and sat down to begin to pluck the feathers from a meaty section of the bird. Once bare she dug in and ate what she felt would keep her going for a while before dragging the rest after Larus. She spotted the Cache he had dug out and dropped the bird in before searching for a bush. She chewed through some low bush Branches and dragged them one by one until they covered the cache up. Satisfied she decided to return to the den site and rest up, she'd head out for a walk or a patrol later on in the evening.

thank you for this! Feel free to archive or lemme know to do so on discord!