Bearclaw Valley now that i'm old, i breathe for it
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

a loud clumpph jostled indra awake abrupty, her eyes fluttering open and pupils retracting rapidly from the brightness around her. she took in her surroundings for a moment: a brilliant swath of sunlight cut through the shelter of a douglas fir tree that she had curled up under -- and several feet away she found a freshly fallen mound of snow.

water trickled down the bough, and occasionally the tree shuddered as if shifting its weight -- causing a small calvacade of snow to deposit on the forest floor. indra was thoroughly awake now -- with a yawn and a ginger stretch she crawled out from the snow-laden boughs and looked into to the forest for laurel.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
After everything she'd experienced of wolves around this area, she was very wary of them now. This didn't stop her from being a troublemaker though, so when Bhageera spotted the wolf sleeping beneath the tree she approached the opposite side of the fir stretching her forelimbs up the bark and beginning to climb. Once she was high enough up the tree trunk she began to sway at the branches over the sleeping wolf hoping to drop some snow upon her head.

It worked and snow began to fall but unfortunately it all missed it's target. As the female wolf woke up and stared out into the forest she slid down the bark, her claws making loud scraping sounds before she let go and dropped beside the female. "Hello!" She meowed with a grin, her eyes gleaming mischievously as she hoped that she scared the crap out of her. She also darted back a bit incase the wolf reacted by biting. They always seemed to want to bite her.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had missed the cat in the boughs, and as she blinked back the brightness of her surroundings she suddenly felt a chill nip at her neck. she froze as she noticed her hairs stand on end, and slowly turned around in time to watch the svetle and leggy frame of a cat land effortlessly in the snow.

indra had never come this close to a lynx before, and she was immediately captured by the length of the cat's legs and the powerful shape of the cat's haunches. such conformation was so different from her own -- so alien and unknown. she caught herself staring, and brought her gaze to the cat with a sense of apprehensive wonder. her hackles were still raised, but she made no aggressive move.

she was aware this might be another apparition come to haunt her, so she kept her posture still and conserved her energy. she was actually convinced the cat might be an imaginary figment until it mewled a greeting to her. indra's ears cupped forward abruptly and she tilted her head. she had never spoken to anything other than a wolf before and was confused - had the cat just said 'hello'?

"you can talk?" she asked in disbelief -- her wonder fading to confusion as she considered perhaps this was a new trick her troubled mind had delved up.
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Her eyes trailed over the fur of the wolf, noticing the raised hackles. Despite that sign there was no aggression so Bhageera sat down and stared at the wolf. She looked surprised and confused and Bhageera wondered if she'd never seen a lynx before. Interesting. She smiled still up until the wolf asked her a really stupid question. "No...you're just hearing things" she responded with deadpan sarcasm. 

Standing up again she moved closer lifting a paw and poked the wolf "you look like you're seeing a ghost." She said and then poked her again and snickered. "I'm not a ghost. I'm real" she said as she laughed.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's mouth formed in a pursed expression of surprise as the cat employed a rather rancid brand of sarcasm in response to her query. she flickered her gaze from the gamine-legged feline to the snow-studded copse, as if reassessing her surroundings. she did not think she was dreaming, and her amber gaze slowly pulled back to the prickly creature.

she tensed as the cat drew nearer, but the physical pressure of her tap was enough to puncture any doubt indra had welled: this was real. she stiffened, drawing back as she did not care for the feline's proximity -- or the laughs she kept uttering. it made indra uneasy, and while she tried her best to remain composed she lacked the conviction to chase the cat outright.

"are you always this mean?" she shot back, incensed by the cat's grating cackles.
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The question made Bhageera stop short and blink once, immediately lowering her hindquarters to the ground. "Well no you see when I was a little kit there was this bully and he- yes I've always been this mean, have you always been this dense?" She spoke in a sad tone at first keeping her eyes lowered to the ground and ears twitching with faux shame. Then she changed her tone to a sarcastic hiss and lifted her gaze to stare directly at the she wolf, golden eyes narrowed.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she listened attentively as the cat spoke; the words seemingly genuine at first until they grew in their sarcastic measure. a cold pall came over indra and she eyed the cat with a strange dull stare.

perhaps it was the pain that roused indra. or the frustration having been cooped up. certainly it was not sweet indra that rose then but a different indra - colder, angrier -- an indra out of her mind and well out of her comfort zone.

she was tired of the meanness of the world. sick of the way wolves treated each other. her edges once soft were now calloused. her heart once open, was now closed.

she rose as quick as her injury let her and with a snarl fell upon the cat with her jaws parted and front legs splayed out to strike her. to push her back and to hurt her and to do to this stupid cat what so many people had done to her: steamroll right over her. "fuck you." she spat, her voice snarled by anger.

certainly kind little indra was kind no longer: in her place was an implacable, feral creature that indra both felt fear and delight to witness course through her.
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Bhageera's almost chortled at the look of hurt that was displayed on the wolf's face. Despite the fact that she had caused much mischief in the wilds so far she hadn't actually done anything to hurt anyone but despite her harmless mischief she had been given many wounds. It felt so damn good to see pain across the furry face of a wolf that she didn't even notice at first when Indra was getting up to bite her, she just stood there enjoying the sick pleasure that surged through her gut.

Then there fangs attached to her and she screeched immediately. The sound was incredibly loud and filled with both pain and anger. She writhed away and fell onto her back, hind legs kicking out with claws exposed intending to rake down the wolf's chest. Fury dilated her pupils making her look like a monster as she hissed and yowled "No! Fuck you! All of you wolves! I never cause any physical harm but it's always your kind that fucks my beautiful fur and skin up!" She shrieked back at the wolf. If this wasn't going to turn into a fight, Indra would have to do something to soothe Bhaggy's rage or just book it, because this was a pissed of cat and they were never a good thing.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra felt a sense of fury in her she had not experienced before: the emotion both excited and terrified her as she collided with the cat with surprising force that took her aback despite the fact she had been the one to initiate the physical onslaught. it was too late to back out now -- the cat was sufficiently enraged, and uttered a piercing shriek that caused indra's hair to stand on end and her ears to flatten.

she wheeled back with a snarl, lowering her muzzle to the ground as the alien sensation of wrath completely enveloped her. even her eyes took on a feral quality they had never assumed before. she was tired of being a doormat, tired of being treated poorly or with disdain -- all those years of repressing her hurt and sorrow and anger were suddenly coming forth, channeled inexplicably into a ball of seething and frothy resentment.

"i don't care about your stupid fur." she snarled, her lips curled back and hooked canines revealed. "you're mean, and you're nasty - you only have yourself to blame if wolves attack you! maybe if you weren't such a dick like the rest of the world people would like you. but you're mean for no reason. i never did anything to you!" she was surprised again by the outrage in her voice and the strength of her outbreak -- and even though she was worried she would have to protect her sore body and fight cautiously, she felt confident enough in herself to look this cat in the eye and tell her to take her bippy elsewhere. "go away."
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
At once the she wolf backed off and Bhageera was on her paws again. She half intended to leap at the wolf again, make sure that this time it wasn't something that ended with her running away with blood dripping from her wounds but from her claws. Yet the wolf's angry and mightier than thou tirade was listened to as her claws flexed in and out,sliding silently into the snow before being withdrawn again. "First of all you're an oversensitive bitch who can't take someone's teasing. Second perhaps if you hadn't asked some absolutely dumb questions I might not have responded with sarcasm. Third I'm mean? You violently attacked me" that was her own angry tirade thrown right back at the female.

Bhageera considered leaving right then and there but she was pissed and felt she had the right to get back at Indra for trying to hurt her, so she shook her head. "No. Why don't you go? If you attack me again I'm not entirely sure it'll end well for you" she responded in a icily cool tone her eyelids slowly closing and reopening as she added in a bored yawn. "I might claim that spot you were lying in as my nap site"
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she watched as the cat unsheathed and resheathed her limber claws, not unlike talons as they slid in and out of their digits and punctured the snow with thin slices. indra did not relish feeling their sting again, but she was too angry, too incensed to possibly back down.

she lifted her muzzle boldly and her amber gaze fell on the cat with disdain. "i don't think i will." she snarled, taking a step towards the cat with her lips lifted in threat. "this is my home. one howl and the wolves will come to end you if i don't first. one howl is all it takes." she lowered her muzzle to protect her throat and her teeth were still bared, her tongue pressed against their sharp edges as she growled once more. "go away." indra reaffirmed, ready for retaliation should the cat provide it.
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Her gaze narrowed into angry slits as the she wolf stepped forward and she responded by unsheathing her claws. She felt the urge to back away but out of sheer stubbornness she stood her ground, ears pinning back against her head as she released a long and volatile hiss of warning. She listened to the wolf's words and snorted but her eyes gave a nervous glance around. She couldn't afford to get attacked and beaten by another pack, she still had healing wounds that ached. She lifted a paw into the air to strike the she wolf but on a second thought lowered it once more and sighed. "I'll go. But if I see you off pack grounds I'll more than tease you. I'm not just mean, I'm vindictive" she spat out resuming her nasty nature. With that being said Bhageera turned and sprung through the snow, her tail twitching behind her angrily. She didn't stop till she was off the pack's grounds and a good distance away from the area. She hated wolves. Just once she'd like to show one what these claws could do.

thanks for this! I'm sorry Bhaggy is such an ass
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra let loose a huge sigh of relief as the cat turned. for a moment it looked as if the feline had intentions to attack her, and indra was regretting her bluff -- but the cat bought it, and with one last vindictive spray of words hurled at indra, turned tail to leave.

indra was left alone in the woods to reflect on what had just happened. adrenaline still wracked her body and her heart coursed mad as a march hare's. for the first time in her life she had been violent - physically, actually violent - and the thought both sickened and excited her.

she sat there for some time ruminating over what had just transpired, but when she finally struck off it was a different indra that resumed her patrol along the perimeter of the forest -- not the indra that had woken up alone that day.