Mount Apikuni just like magic, i'll be flying free
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Xahi backdated to last night
Another nightmare had woken Alarian up, and this time he could not bear to stay in the cave.

The boy set off frantically, running between the two mountains outside their temporary home until he felt he was a good distance away. He stopped, then, panting. The nightmare flashed through his mind, still recent enough that he could commit it to memory; for better or for worse. In the dream he was again playing the role of desperate healer for his broken brother, with what little knowledge he had. It had been pure luck that Zamael even survived-- Ali knew nothing of herbal remedies at the time, only non-herbal treatments. Had any infection set in...
At least he would have been certain of his brother's fate. The boy shook the thought away, scolding himself-- there was hope, still! A gnawing, agonizing, bittersweet thing it was; but it existed, it brought him comfort alongside the pain of uncertainty. One day he may return.

But what would Alarian do, then? He had, in a sense, moved on; both consciously and subconsciously. Ali had always had a place in his heart, the highest place, and he had moved someone there. Not the same space Zamael had filled, but adjacent; perhaps even higher. The thought of prioritizing Lennon sent a spike of guilt and grief through his heart, but he knew it to be unavoidable. Even if his brother should return-- he had left, abandoned him with a gaping hole in his chest. Nothing could heal that, and the boy had only just realized this tonight.
Things would never be the same for him.

He stared up at the night sky, eyes wide and shining with unshed tears. That was the moment he knew; he was ready. Ready for the changes coming, for his new life, whatever may come. This was the opportunity he had been waiting for.
The Green-Eyed Ghost Lives On
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi stared into the stars, the breeze ruffling her pelt as she gazed into the billion eyes of the night. The cold swarmed around her, yet and indescribable warmth clung to the air around her. She saw her mother in the stars...her ancestors in the stars... 
      It was then underneath her twinkling blanket, that Xahi heard something that quite disturbed her. Thundering paws. Who the hell..? Xahi whipped out of her nostalgia in a flash, streaking after the oen who had disturbed this peaceful night. In all of her anticipation, the scent of the wolf was lost on Xahi.
     The girl skidded to a blistering hault as the other stopped. Upon noticing that it was Alarian, the woman let out a rough, sharp bark. She liked the boy, but this interruption was plain rude. Xahi then began to notice that something was quite off. She heard his shaky breathing, and spotted glistening tears streaming down his face. 
     Xahi quickly softened. "Oh, friend." She placed a paw forwards, silently asking permission to approach.
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The bark startled him, and he flinched back with flattened ears, terrified for a moment-- but it was only Xahi. His relief at seeing it was not an orange-eyed stranger overruled any upset he might have felt at her for barking at him in such a way, and before he could put further thought into it she was speaking again. Oh, no. She had noticed his mood, and now he was obligated to explain. Of course she had noticed; he was being dramatic, as usual.
The boy lowered his head, relaxing and twitching his ears in a subtle response to her unspoken request. Alarian would not be bothered if she wanted to move closer. Then he realized that he must have startled her if she was already out here-- and he spoke thickly through the tears, guilt underlaying his tone. I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone was out here.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi lowered her ears as he apologized, that was not what she had been going for at all. “No, no. You...you’re...” Xahi rethought her words as she noticed he probably was not fine. “It’s okay.” The woman padded softly forwards, coming closer but leaving some distance between them. Xahi wasn’t exactly sure if Alarian would be okay with physical touch.
      Xahi had a furrowed brow, seemingly worried. She was unsure of whether or not she should speak to him and leave him alone. Despite her doubts, Xahi decided she would try to speak to him. Just try. 
    “It’s okay, but...you’re not...are you?”
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy prepared to deny it as he had with Lennon-- but then he met Xahi's enchanting green gaze and sighed.
No, but I will be. That was the whole truth; he hadn't lied to his love, but he had left out the part where he didn't feel okay. Sometimes, he really didn't. But he knew he would get over it, and it wasn't worth worrying Lennon.
What he didn't quite understand yet was why it was different with Xahi. He didn't quite want to spill everything to her just yet, but he knew if she asked him questions he would answer. Ali usually ran from these things; these uncomfortable situations, in which he did not want to participate at all but felt obligated to. That sense of obligation never won out against his cowardice. Well, not until recently, anyway.
Still, he couldn't claim this was some act of bravery-- the boy felt comfortable with the green-eyed sylph. He did not struggle so much with his usual fears, though nothing could truly quell them. Since their last conversation, since he had made peace with the mutual attraction she shared with Lennon, he was seeing her as more of a friend. And now her gentle gaze assured him of many things at once; she was a friend, she cared, and he would not be forgotten amidst her own feelings for Lennon.
Though he had initially feared losing his love, he found the idea of losing a possible friend to such a thing just as biting. It gave him peace to know that this would not be the case, not now. He touched his nose to her neck briefly, the contact feather-light, and took comfort in her presence. Though he could bring forth no more words for the moment, he gazed at her fondly, eyes still shining with raw emotion.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi watched as the male's demeanor changed drastically. His walls, they were...down? This was an effect Xahi had begun to notice that she had on people, which was...interesting to her. Perhaps it was due to the way she had been raised. Xahi's life had previously been hunting storytelling, and venting under the stars. During the nights she would pour her heart out to her mother, who really was more like a sister, and Ezi would do the same to her. Although Xahi considered herself to be reserved with strangers, she really did open up to those whom she loved. Perhaps she could love Ali...he could take the place of Casimir... Xahi quickly shook the thought, she didn't want to think about her flirty bastard of a brother.
     The woman studied Ali, his features. Would he really open up..? Perhaps se would give him the benefit of the doubt, for now. Xahi cocked her head just the very slightest bit, wondering what could be going on in that thoughtful mind of his. She gave a soft smile at him, one brow cocked. "Lennon, you love him, yes? Has he done something to upset you? He is quite the man." She chuckled softly, a grin that showed just the slightest bit of her teeth from the sides flashing across her dark mask, a playful glint in her eye.
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The green-eyed girl mentioned Lennon, and quickly Alarian shook his head.
No, Lennon is-- he hasn't done anything. He paused a couple beats before admitting a bit breathlessly: I was thinking about my brother.
The boy's gaze turned skyward again; admitting it aloud hurt. All over again it was becoming real to him. Too real. He had locked these memories away for quite some time, denying himself the opportunity to feel it more than he thought was necessary. Now, he couldn't shake the growing dread and panic. There was suddenly something screaming at him to search once again; to resume his desperate journey.
He knew he could not, though. Not now-- and the knowledge only increased his misery.
edit: this is super old, I'm gonna say Ali prolly cut this short and went to sleep so I can archive. we can toss up a new one for Xahi to ask more about this soon if you want <3