Sequoia Coast Do you know what happens to mutineers?
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
@Majesty Anyone else in Wheeling Gull is welcome, but I'm really looking for Majesty. :)

Two of the most important rules she was taught by her parents was to be respectful to those older or higher ranked than you, and to be loyal to your pack, family, and friends, in that order. The wolf Majesty had broken both of those rules and that made her lose most of her respect for the large wolf. It had come to her as a shock that he left to create his own pack. She, like many of the pack, including Jinx herself, was thinking that Majesty would be promoted to Beta. He was helpful, loyal, and ever present in the day-to-day life of the pack. The majority of the pack took a liking to him, including her. But, he left.

Like the rest of them, she was frustrated, confused, and overall, betrayed. The decision was sudden and left her with no explanation. Why, Majesty? Why?! she wanted to ask. It bothered her for so long, this question, that she finally got up one morning and ran to where Majesty's pack lived. Once she could smell the newly placed markers, she threw her head up to call the alpha, not hiding the frustration in her voice.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Sorry the reply to this is so late. I didn't even know you had actually set this up already.

Majesty lay deep within the pine forest of his island. It was raining lightly at the moment, for which he was grateful. The temperature had dropped at least ten degrees since that morning, and was now much more bearable. He was beginning to think of taking a nap, as nothing very interesting was happening at the moment. But then a distant howl broke into his thoughts. He sat up, his ears rotating in the direction of the sound. It was... Erika? What was she doing so far from Silvertip Mountain? Was she in trouble? She sounded angry.

He rose to his paws quickly, and bounded through the forest toward the shore facing the mainland. After a time, he saw her - a black speck on the Sea Lion Shores. Quickly, he bounded into the water, swimming towards the sandbar. The late afternoon was pulling the tide higher, so the water rose to his chest even when his feet touched the higher ground. He didn't mind. He'd gotten used to the water by now, and his paw pads at calloused so that the sand no longer bothered them.

He reached her as quickly as he could, and then stood before her, panting slightly. When he caught his breath, he said, "What is it, Miss Erika? Why have you come all this way? Is something wrong? Are you in trouble?"
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The black wolf waited, pacing on the shore, ignoring the water lapping at her paws. Occasionally she looked out at the island where Majesty's pack made it's home, hoping for someone to answer her call. Soon, she saw a speck swimming towards her from the island. It was getting closer and closer and larger and larger, until at last she was face to face with the new alpha.

When he approached her he quickly asked what was concerning her. While she was flattered by his concern, she was more focused on why he had left the mountain to live by the shore. She glared at him coldly, and when she spoke, her voice was laced with a growl. "Monsieur." she began. "I would like to know why you left ze pack so suddenly. And why you created your own on zat island." she stepped closer to him, bristling. "You were probably going to be Beta! You gained Madame Jinx's trust! All of our trust. Why did you leave Majesty?!
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
So like... wolves can't cry I don't think, so just go along with me here...

Erika's words echoed in Majesty's brain, pounding into his skull like the ocean beating against the shore. Why did he leave? This was a question he knew the answer to. This wasn't what bothered him. It was the way he had left that had destroyed a part of him. He had only been part of Jinx's pack for a few weeks. He thought leaving wouldn't be so difficult - and, in truth, it wasn't. It was... the fact that he had been a coward and told no one. That was what ate at him at night, nibbling away at the back of his mind like an itch he couldn't reach. It drove him crazy when he thought of it - so he had pushed it away. Pushed, and pushed, and pushed. And now it was pushing back, in the form of this black she-wolf with the face of death whom he had once stood beside.

Majesty took a step back, stumbled, and fell onto his rump. He felt as though she had lifted a paw and raked her claws across his face. He was shocked into silence for a long time, breathing heavily, mind blank. She had opened a wound that had never healed. She had made it bigger, and now it was bleeding all over the ground - bleeding his torn emotions about the situation onto the sand. He could not look at her. Could not face her. Could not bear to see the pain in her eyes. His own eyes stung with salt water that he knew was not part of the ocean.

He felt the tears track lines in his fur. He had left them. Again. He had left his family. Again. He lay down on the beach, covering his face in paws, his body wracked with sobs. He was a traitor. He knew it. And so did she. And so did the rest of the Mountain wolves. Especially Jinx. "I'm sorry..." he tried, voice cracking, thick with emotion. "I'm sorry!" He got up, went to her, and bowed his figure before her, throwing himself at her paws. "I'm sorry! Please! Please forgive me, Miss Erika. I was selfish. I know it. I was! I cannot look upon your face now! I could not bear to the see the look in your eyes. Please... forgive me. Tell me what to do, to make it up to you. To make it up to all of you. Please..."
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Well it is a semi-realistic RPG site. ;)

Her thin chest was heaving after spilling out her emotions to Majesty. It had been a very, very long time since she had raised her voice like that, and combined with the stress that anger put on her, the skeletal wolf was bone tired. She sat down, panting. For a while, they were both silent: the only sound was the lapping of the waves on the ocean. Her yellow eyes looked up towards Majesty's face and she could see tears dripping from his eyes. Then he looked up at her, but looked away quickly as he stepped forward before he dropped and pleaded.

His plea for forgiveness made her heart heavy. If she went out into those waters now, she would surely sink. She shook her head back and forth, murmuring in French. "Majesty, Majesty....Je vous pardonne..." She bent down and nuzzled his head softly. "Majesty, I forgive you, but I do not zink zat anyone else in Silvertip will. I doubt it...."
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Of course no one else in Silvertip would forgive him. He had defended the life of a lone wolf and gone directly again Jinx's orders by doing so. And all of the other wolves seemed extremely loyal to Jinx. He had pissed her off - so he had pissed them all off. Probably the only reason Erika forgave him was because she had not been there that day when he had defended Berik - though he was sure she had heard about the incident by now. He was sure Jinx had probably told her to attack him if he was seen near the borders again.

He looked up at her slowly through blurry eyes. He let out a choked sob, and then shook himself. He could not be like that. Not now. He sat up quickly, shaking his head. He made himself stop crying, and looked at her quite seriously, though with kind eyes. He said, "You should leave, Miss Erika. Jinx would not be happy if she found out you had been here to see me. You should wash my scent from your fur before heading back. Do not tell anyone we spoke, or there would be dire consequences for you."

He paused, and then bowed his head. "And thank you. Thank you. You are kinder to me than I probably deserve. If ever there was a safer way for you to come and visit me, or vice versa, I would love to be in your company again." He looked up at her once more and took a long shot. "And - because I might never get the chance to say this to you again - you are beautiful, Miss Erika. And do not ever let anyone tell you otherwise. The side of your face that you hide - do not be afraid to show it. I know I once showed horror at the sight of it, and I apologize again for that. You are beautiful because of it - and beautiful despite it."

He paused a moment to let the seriousness of his words sink in, and then said, "Now go. Go, before someone realizes you are gone. Please. I could not bear it if anything happened to you because of me,"
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Sorry for the wait! Finals are coming up. Oh, I guess this is my last post then. Thanks for the thread!

Erika looked at the blurry eyes, her heart melting at the genuine sadness and desperation of it. Majesty gave a sob, but then shook himself to hide his sadness. He stood straight and stared down at her, his eyes kind. He told her to go, simply put. In her sudden torrent of emotion she forgot all about Madame Jinx and her hatred for any who associated with Majesty. She forgot all about the consequences of even speaking to him....

She huffed and parted her lips to murmur a goodbye before sprinting back to Silvertip when he bowed his head. Thank you... he said. He offered for them to meet once again, something she longed to say but never had the courage to. If Jinx caught them.... But she swept that thought aside and focused on good. She still had her friend, even though he would be far away on the coast, he would be her friend. She gave him a smile after he paused. But then when he spoke again, he said something that brought tears to her eyes.

Beautiful. It was a word she had never heard describing her since she was a yearling. She heard ugly, despicable, monsterous. But never beautiful. She was utterly speechless at the word. Beautiful. Suddenly giddy, she rubbed her face on his briefly saying "Au revoir." before she turned and ran back to the mountain, her spirits lifted. Beautiful.

Exit.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty saw the change in her expression when he called her beautiful, and it lifted his spirits. With a giddy look on her face, she said goodbye in her native tongue and took off back towards Silvertip Mountain. He watched her go until she was out of sight on the horizon.

He murmured, "Goodbye... Erika." And then he turned and made his way back to the Isle, feeling strangely as if he missed the black-furred female already...

Will request to have this archived now.