Whitebark Stream became as mad as rabbits, with bushels of bad habits
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Korei Julia they're super close to Bitterroot Valley, somewhat away from the others
somewhat minor PP maybe? just assuming she's somewhere he can toss himself at her xD

The boy didn't stop running until he found Korei-- and when he did, he collapsed at her feet, sobbing. His shoulder hurt, but that wasn't why he was a mess; Xahi had bitten him, and it hurt more than physically.
Alarian knew logically that she hadn't meant to. Of course he did. But that didn't make it sting less, didn't make the oozing wounds disappear from his shoulder. He was quiet save for his sobs for a few moments, shifting uncomfortably as his shoulder burned and stung with the fresh wounds. Briefly, the boy wondered what he had left behind.
But then his attention was on Korei, and he extended his muzzle out towards her from his position on the ground. Korei. Ali breathed, voice breaking a little.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was somewhat shocked to see Alarian running her way, and was just about ready to start running herself when she saw Lennon and something chasing them. Only, there was no Lennon, or anything chasing. As soon as she saw the wound, she grew cold and worried. "A-Ali, what happened? What did this?" She started licking tenderly at it, trying to clean it off. She let off a worried whine as well.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Korei's gentle presence and the soft licks on his fresh shoulder wounds calmed him almost immediately. Alarian pushed his face into her neck fur, saying nothing for a moment. He savored the contact, nuzzling gently into her-- the girl always washed away his worries, despite his tendency to get oh-so-lost in them.
Xahi. He murmured, then, a bit mournfully. She didn't mean to bite me. She wanted to bite her brother, but I... got in the way. I had to stop her from hurting him.
It was a mistake he didn't want anyone to make, not ever.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
As soon as he said Xahi, she flinched, accidentally pressing a bit too hard against the wound. Even though he said it was an accident, she felt somewhat distrusting of Xahi now. Everyone else who had hurt anyone of them it was with the intent to kill. "X-Xahi?" The part about a 'brother' flew right over her head as she played out what she thought had happened.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
It's okay. He tried to assure her, wincing at the pressure to his wound. I'll be okay... and I know Xahi didn't want to hurt me.
The boy moved to lick her cheek, trying to smile at her reassuringly though his own grief at Xahi's actions was still fresh. He felt guilty, irritated with himself-- she would never have hurt him intentionally, so why did he still feel so sad about it?
Perhaps it was the inevitable repercussions of the incident. Ali didn't want any trouble, and he certainly didn't want Xahi to feel bad-- or worse, others to feel badly towards Xahi. The girl had become his friend, and that was part of why he had reacted so badly to her teeth on his flesh.
I'm not going to hold it against her. Alarian said softly. None of us should.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia leaned against Alarian. "I don't like seeing you hurt, Ali. Not ever." And if she could have it her way, she would never see them get hurt. "I can't see you, or Lennon hurt. I...I care about both of you...too much" she said, rubbing her face on his side, just far enough from the wound that there would be no pain from her contact.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
I care about you too, Korei-- Alarian stopped, then clarified: I love you.
The boy delighted in the further contact between them, turning to plant a few soft kisses on her face; his wounds were temporarily forgotten. He was not normally one for bold displays of affection-- but lately his two closest companions had brought out sides of him that made him wonder if he knew himself as well as he thought. It was not always a bad thing, though.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She smiled lightly. She recalled when she had met Xahi, and how Korei had said how confused she was...No longer, was she. "I love you too..." She returned the kisses with a few of her own to Alarian, before pulling back, looking to the wound. She was worried about it, and reached to continue cleaning it, even though a little part of her wanted to forget about it.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The pale girl's words sent a rush of joy and relief through him-- but his mind instantly darted elsewhere. Lennon. He found himself comfortable with the thought of loving them both; the boy wondered, though, if they would feel the same. And he wasn't blind to their own connection-- perhaps...
Do you love Lennon, too? Alarian wondered aloud, tone curious and gentle. He held no jealousy, no anxiety-- he was rather at peace, actually. If her answer was what he thought it would be, he already knew what he would say next.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei thought on it...then she nodded. "I love you both...you are always there for me" she answered as she began to clean his wound more. She felt a little anxious at having said that, thinking how Lennon would be. Even though he called her 'love' she wasn't sure for a moment if he shared the same feelings. Sure he cared about her lots. But in what way?
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian nodded, trying to hide his growing excitement.
He loves you too-- I know he does! I can tell. We should-- Wait. He didn't want to get ahead of himself and confuse her. The boy began again, more slowly. I love him too-- and he loves me. And I love you... and maybe we should all be... together? All three of us. Like mates.
Ali paused again, suddenly nervous that she wouldn't like the idea. I know it sounds weird, maybe crazy, but if we all love each other... it feels right to me.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She paused, and looked up to tip her head a bit. "Like...like mates?" She didn't fully know what that entailed. She wasn't even sure if she was ready for what she did know, the commitment. "I...I don't know" she answered, having self-doubt about herself now. "Would he be all right with it?" she asked. Then something struck her. "Wait....you love each other?" This was the first time she'd heard about it.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, mates. Like... your parents? Sensing her hesitation, he added: Maybe not until after we're settled in our new home--
Then he was interrupted by her question, and he froze. Oh. He hadn't exactly told her about that yet, had he? And apparently Lennon hadn't either, so now it fell to Alarian to explain.
Yes, we love each other. Ali said shyly. I didn't think he would love me that way... then he told me he does. I still kind of can't believe it...
The boy left out the part where he had a much easier time believing it since the night they had spent together. He thought that detail was best left out for now.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia's gaze shifted for a moment, and she flinched again. This time, it was on purpose. She didn't want to think about her parents, and the mere mention of it had struck her. "Like special friends" she murmured. That's how Pyx had described it...Pyx, her first friend. She felt some sadness at remembering her, she had never forgotten her. 

She smiled at hearing that. "Then...then yes. Yes, I would love to! I would love to, Alarian!" she answered, despite still not fully aware of all that entailed.
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
permission was given to enter this thread by @Alarian
[Image: 6_by_nashie_c-dbh5atb.png]

​there was something amiss.

she heard the scuffle nearby, heard the screaming of her packmate, but was relatively unconcerned with the goings-on of the girl until she smelled blood and heard the tell-tale rustle of a running figure.

quickly, she headed after it.  she could tell in an instant it was her brother, but as he fell at korei's feet she kept her distance.  once his mood had lifted she ghosted into the mouth of the cave, eyes welled with worry. 

ali?  what's wrong?

[Image: 6_by_nashie_c-dbh5atb.png]
— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian heard the approach of his sister and glanced up, suddenly nervous. He was wary of telling her what had happened, knowing well her fiery temper. Ultimately guilt won out at the concern in her eyes, and he confessed slowly.
There was almost a fight-- I got in the way, to stop it. It was an accident. He gestured with his muzzle to his shoulder with the second sentence, hoping she would leave it at that and not demand to know who had done it. It didn't cross his mind that Korei was right there, and she already knew who had done it.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia saw Alarian's sister come in, and moved a little off Alarian with a bit of a shy look about her. Just looking about at the walls of the place. Her undamaged ear flicked as they both spoke to one another, but she did not converse with them, she knew the story of what had happened.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
phone post

"a fight? between who, ali? what is going on?"  she could sense her brother's hesitancy but it did not deter her from asking.  no, she must know, and he must tell her everything.

she watches korei shrink into herself and wrongly assumes its because of what happened. "its okay," she soothes at the girl, and then returns her fiery gaze to her brother.
7/5
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
sorry this kinda sucksss
The boy ought to have expected that his sister would press further. In a way, he had-- but he had also been hoping she wouldn't. Without realizing, he shifted closer to Korei as she pulled back.
Xahi's brother showed up. I don't know why, but they were yelling when I got there. Still he avoided admitting who had put the tooth marks in his shoulder. Ali fixed his gaze on the ground between his paws. The way he studied it, it could have been the most interesting thing in the world.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei felt Alarian shift closer to her, and she glanced at him. Then back to Ali's sister. So there had been a fight, of some sort. Yelling between siblings. Quietly, she returned to Ali's bite wound, avoiding the sister's gaze.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

quickly, she assessed the room.  she looked down at korei, scrutinizing her.  she hoped, for alarian's sake, korei could handle this alone.  wait here.  i'll be back.

and despite his possible protest, she turned on her heels and sought out the starseeker children.

7/5