Neverwinter Forest how wonderful life is now you're in the world
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
All Welcome 

Hemlock stretched and rubbed an itch on her shoulder against the base of a tree. "@Droman," She called out to the boy, wondering what they should do for the day. Ceallach and Eirlys still had not returned and that made her nervous, but, she wouldn't leave the forest until they'd come back. She just couldn't risk losing one another - her last ties to Lotte. It broke her heart, but, every time she heard their whispers in Lotte's language it had brought a warmth to her. She hoped that Droman and Reed would learn some of the words too, and Hemlock tried her best to remember what she could. "Komea," She murmured, but she couldn't look to Eirlys for guidance on the words or their pronunciation. "Do you want to help me hunt today?" Hemlock asked him, hoping he felt up to the challenge. 

They were getting older and now was the time for teaching them skills and learning new things. Hemlock could only hope that one of them might want to take after her, maybe they would enjoy herbology or learning how to heal. Well, a woman could dream, couldn't she?  

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
61 Posts
Ooc —
Everything about the cricket was fascinating. Droman enjoyed watching it hop from one place to the next, knees bent and antennae straight. At one point, he'd thought about following the olive traveller, but the prospect of never seeing his family again was enough to sway him from the idea. Hemlock's crooning drew him even further from the cricket, to whom he gave a goodbye boop! before marching his way to his mama's side.

Hunting was exciting, right? Hunt what, mama? he asked, fuzzy tail wagging steadily behind him. Anything that they did together was bound to be fun, and if it wasn't, Droman was sure he could find some sort of enjoyment in it. I wanna hunt. I wanna hunt sumn' big. Can we hunt sumn' big?
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Droman was quick to find her and she smiled encouragingly to his quick behavior; her children while sometimes....spirited had never failed her. She pressed a kiss to his skull and marveled at how very big he had gotten. She wondered if he would be larger than Ceallach or about the same size; maybe he would get some more of Eirlys' size. But not plush. She knew that wouldn't happen, that had been all Lotte. 

"Well, I think I had found a goat that was injured." She wasn't entirely certain - but the scent seemed right and she'd smelled blood. "Let us see, do you smell where it went in the forest?" Hemlock asked curiously. She would guide Droman but ultimately, she'd see how much he could manage on his own. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
61 Posts
Ooc —
With the mission locked into his mind, Droman propped his nose up into the air and took in a dramatic sniff -- hunter style. The boy was in the mood, in his zone; he was untouchable, 'cause no one could touch a hunter as smooth as Dro. 'Dis a-way, mama, he announced, quickly sprinting off toward the scent of meat. Droman wasn't entirely sure of what a goat smelled like, but he was sure it smelled good, and whatever he was chasing smelled decadent.

C'mon, mama! he called, wondering if she was as close behind as he'd figured.