Stone Circle Helpful
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
All Welcome 
@Steph, Pema has permission to be in Easthollow and is not tresspassing.

It had been a day since Pema had come to Easthollow with news of Burr's disappearance and likely injuries. A few of the Easthollow members including Burr's parents had gone to follow his trail, trying to track down his where abouts and bring him home. Pema had ended up stay behind and informing the next in command of the current situation. She learned that many of the Easthollow members were in need of some medical attention due to the pack's lack of a healer.

Being a medic was something she knew she could do and so she set out to find any injured member of the pack and help them while she waited for Burr's search party to return.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'm so sorry! I completely forgot about this! T_T

Steph was out roaming, albeit slowly. It had been a month since her injury, and while she did feel better, a lot of movements still pained her side. At least her external wounds seemed to be healing alright, so she had that going for her. Her body wasn't taking all the rest very well, though. She knew she could play, but she had bounds of pent up energy and nothing to do with it. 

She was lost in her head until a new scent reached her nose. Her ears perked and she glanced up to see a female walking across the path she was taking. She paused in her tracks, knowing she hadn't met her before. Was she new? Her tail wagged in a friendly greeting. Hello, she called out, hoping to get her attention.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
On her search to make herself useful she stumbled upon a very cute, dark, female pup. The little pup came up to her very confidently with a friendly hello. Pema couldn't help but smile and greet her. "Hello there. Who might you be? My name is Pema." seeing such a young energetic pup made Pema happy. Always eager to spend time with the younger generation.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The female seemed friendly, and Steph's tail wagged in response. My name is Steph, she responded in kind. She took a few steps toward the female, but she unexpectedly stumbled, her front end going down before she could catch herself. She yelped in pain as her ribs protested the quick movement.

Instead of trying to get back up, she laid on the ground, her ears folded on her head as she waited for the pain to subside. The female was momentarily forgotten as Steph closed her eyes against the sharp feeling in her side. When it got better, she opened her eyes and looked up at Pema.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She listened to the girl as she introduced herself and though that her name was rather pretty. She watched as the girl stepped forward and though she flinted when the girl too a tumble she didn't think much of it at first. It wasn't uncommon for kids to trip here and there, heck adults did it too, but then the girl yelped and didn't rise from the ground Pema came over to the girl and layed down beside her. "Goodness are you alright? Did you land on your ankle or something?" she asked the girl, wondering what might have happened during such an innocent act to have warented such a yelp.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph tried to control the pain by focusing on her breathing. She knew the pain would pass, eventually. Pema's voice broke through her concentration, and Steph looked at her. No, she responded. I got hurt by some bison a few weeks ago, she explained. The outside wounds are healing okay, but I get this sharp pain in my right side when I move certain ways. 

While it had gotten better with time, Steph still had to be careful to not aggravate it. It was a tense few minutes, but the pain finally subsided enough that Steph could breath easy. She visibly relaxed, but didn't move to stand just yet.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
So she hadn't hurt her ankle or foot or anything like that, but it was a prexisting injury that was causing her pain. Pema had heard about the bison attack/battle that had went down some time ago, but had no idea that someone this young had been effected from it. She thought for a moment, thinking of why her side might be hurting. Seeing as how there were no outside indicators and there didn't seem to be much swelling that would indicate in infection...

"Here... Let me see something. You can stay right there, I'm just going to gently press on your side and you can let me know when it hurts. Ok?" Pema asked and watched at Steph nodded her head in agreement. She pressed her nose against the girls side, looking for the girls reactions as she moved alone and applied more pressure to curtain areas. "I think one of your ribs might be injured. It might have broken earlier and is currently healing. I know of a herb that might help speed up the process. I could go get some for you if you like?" she asked and suggested. The injury didn't need much help, and would heal on its own in time, but she thought she might offer something to help out.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The female told her to stay still so that she could press on her side. Steph didn't think that was a great idea, but she stayed still, regardless. The first few nudges were fine enough, but then came the one that made her yelp in pain. It was hard to miss what that meant. 

She whined, hoping the female would stop her inspection there. Thankfully, she did. Her ears swiveled when a diagnosis was given. A hurt rib? Is that bad? she asked. She nodded at Pema's next offer. Yeah, whatever would help, she responded. Steph would do just about anything to make that pain stop.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She felt bad when the girl yeped out in pain, but it was something she had to do for the inspection. And luckily it didn't hurt too much or for too long after that. When Steph asked about how bad her injury was, Pema felt alittle bad, not wanting to instill fear into the girl. "Oh, no. You look alright. You did a good job of healing up this far." she said trying to reassure her.

"I'll be right back." she said with a smile before she set off on the search for some comfrey. The green herb with vibrant violet flowers. Not yet being an expert Pema wasn't sure if it was the leaves or flowered that had the healing proberty, but neither of them would hirt the girl so she brought back both.

She came back with a mouthful of the herb and set it down before the girl. "Here. These should help you heal those bones." she said joyfully.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her fear lessened a bit when Pema said she was alright. She gave her a small smile, Mom did a lot, she said, making sure to give Valette credit for looking out for her daughter. She nodded as Pema set off to find what she needed, and stayed in her spot until she returned.

She returned shortly, and Steph's ears perked at the herbs placed in front of her. Do I eat those? she asked. So far, she had only experienced them on the outside of her body. But, the way Pema presented them, Steph didn't think that was the case this time.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
So Valette had treated her until this point. It was good to know that the pack had someone with some sort of medical background. Morningside had had many injuries and sicknesses in it's time. Pema wasn't sure if they would have made it if she hadn't been there to help. 

To others Steph's question might have seemed silly, but to Pema she was only shock that she hadn't specified her direction. "Oh yeah. Yes. Alittle bit everyday, till the pain goes away." she said with a smile. 
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Pema confirmed that it was supposed to be take orally, and Steph looked ruefully at the plant. She was a carnivore at heart and the thought of eating anything else was appalling. But, if it was going to make her feel better, she would just suck it up. Her tongue snaked out to take a bit of the plant into her mouth, and she attempted to chew it, her nose scrunching in reaction to the taste. How did anyone eat this?

It took conscious effort not to spit it out, and she swallowed quickly, hoping that would get the bland taste out of her mouth. It lingered, however, and she knew she would need water, at least, to help clean her mouth out. Still, she was grateful for it, since it would help her in the end. Thank you, she said, looking up at Pema. You're sure I'll heal? she asked, needing the confirmation.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It was a tad bit amusing to watch the young Stephs face as she injested the plant. Something that she didn't look too used to as it appreared very hard for her to even swallow the plant. But she did infact get it down which gave Pema the confidence to think that she would take the medicine over the next week or so. When thanked she replied simply, "You're very welcome." and confirmed that the girl would be alright, "Yes. Very sure." There wasn't much left for her body to do, she was practically healed already.

"I should be moving along. Feel better." she said as she departed from the young girl.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
A grateful smile was given to her healer, and then an understanding nod when Pema said she needed to get going. She probably had other wolves to look after, Steph surmised. Take care, she called out, wondering if she'd ever see the woman again. She would be forever grateful to her for helping her heal.