Stone Circle we'll talk about it later, sharon
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 
She'd finally made her way to the northern part of the territory, thus far unexplored. She moved between the trees with ease, pausing now and again to pick snow from between her toes. In the cover of the trees, the snow was thick and wet, and clung to her fur easily. It was stubborn, and it took her a while to work free her limb, but she succeeded eventually. 

The sparkle of something through the trees had her trample through the snow towards it, immediately getting even more snow stuck thick in her coat. Ignoring the unfortunate fact, she neared the sparkle, finding it to be a tumble of water, frozen solid. It was beautiful; she padded near and poked the icy trickles carefully, delicate and undisturbed.

Adopt my pups!               
[Image: SXBUara.jpg]
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Still being a newer member to the pack Howl hadn't been as in touch about the packs news and gossip, so when he caught a unfamiliar and strange scent on one of his patrols he decided to go and check it out. It smelled like a wolf he though, but something was off about it. What could it be he thought, never having seen a dog before. He thought he recognized it but he couldn't put his finger on it. Unknow to Howl his slight familiarity was from one of Grayday's children. Lavender. Her mother had been part dog and the genes were more present in Lavender then the rest, evident in her coat coloration. 

Once the girl came into sight, Howl was reminded of Lavender and her appearance. Only due to the similar pattern and texture. She had the pack's smell on her so he let out a mental sigh of releaf, knowing that she wasn't an intruder. But not understanding the consept of a wolf dog, Howl was intreged and thought to say hello to this female. "Hello there Ma'am. he said in his usual gentlemently voice. "We havn't had the pleasure of meeting yet. My name is Howl." he said introducing himself.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The sheepdog spun to see another approach, a male drabbed in dark colours. Her feathery tail set to wagging behind her, approaching him spryly and pausing when he addressed her, quick to correct him. "you don't need to call me that - I'm Poppy." Ma'am was a title for mothers and those of high respect, or so she'd been taught to believe, and she was neither. She thought his name a touch odd - it'd be like calling a bird tweet or a sheep baa, but she said nothing.

He was very formal, something that made her a touch unsure, she'd never been addressed like this before. But she smiled anyway, glad to tick another wolf off the list of might eat me.
Adopt my pups!               
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Hearing her name and preference to be called so he corrected himself. "It's nice to meet you, Poppy." he said with a smile. She didn't say anything after that and it made Howl's questions hard to asked. What was he going to ask her. Why do you smell like that? Why do you look like that? Both of them were rather rude sounding and he didn't want to come off in such a way. "I came across your unique arroma and wanted to see who it belonged to." he said refereing to her sent. Hoping it would open the conversation up to questions or that she would simply see where he was going with this and answer it right out.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
As his statement sunk in, she understood the true meaning of it to be what it belonged to. Well spoken dogs had always made her a mite nervous, that she'd slip up somehow, or their meaning would be lost in their fancy words. Still, she replied without delay. "I'm a dog - a colle." She said with a twitch of her tail and a small smile, peering at Howl with interest. She'd attempted to speak with the same kind of eloquence Howl'd used in the past, but had quickly abandoned any attempts to do so.
Adopt my pups!               
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl was somewhat releaved that she understood what he was talking about and knew right away what he was asking. Though he wasn't sure if he knew that he was asking, other then for an explaination as to what that smell could be. He wasn't sure what a dog was, and only really understood that she wasn't a wolf persay. But that was all he really needed to know. Sure he was curious but he didn't want to burage her with question when they only just meet.

She spoke his language and looked and acted enough like a wolf that he thought he would treat her as such unless told to do otherwise. "Interesting. I don't believe I have ever meet a dog before... You remind me of a pup from my last pack. Her fur had a somewhat similar patter and texture I think." he said, trying to sound less rude about the situation.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She managed a quirk of her muzzle at the male's words, head canting a fraction in interest. She'd never considered that wolves switched packs; nor had she had the mind to learn more about pack life than what she experienced. Still, it was the mention of a dog-like girl that intrigued her, reminding her of something Murdock'd said. "Murdock said his brother mated with a dog, once." She mused, assuming that everyone within this pack would no Murdock; he seemed rather important. "what was the name of it? your old pack?" She continued, gradually growing used to the male's formality.
Adopt my pups!               
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Even though Murdock was an important member of the pack, Howl hadn't had the pleasure of meeting him yet. He was really spending alot of time tending to the pack, rather then meeting everyone. Something he wasn't doing intentionally, but it was something that seemed to be happening in his attempt to give himself more purpose in his life.

The idea of a wolf mating with a dog didn't seem too far fetched, seeing as how she looked enough like a wolf, he wouldn't be surprised to learn that another wolf found her or others of her kinds to be attractive. "I used to be a member of the pack known as Morningside. The pups name was Lavender and her father was Grayday. I never meet her mother." he explained not sure if they were at all connected to this Murdock.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He reaffirmed her suspicion, and she nodded. "I know about Morningside." Murdock had never mentioned what happened to the mother, said he'd never asked; and while she was sharply curious about the fate of the dog, she knew better than too be nosy. "Grayday is Murdock's brother," She elaborated, though a moment later asked, "do wolves switch packs? I thought they just - chose one and stuck with it." She's never really given the issue much thought but had merely assumed that wolves tended to stick with the pack they chose, or perhaps had their own, like Murdock's brother. She was always encountering empty pockets in her knowledge that she hadn't truly been aware of, and the subtleties of packs were foreign to her.
Adopt my pups!               
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"Oh, alright." Howl said in responce to learning that Murdock was Grayday's brother. It wasn't shocking to him, but it was something he didn't know until now. Murdock's name kept comming up in comversations that Howl was having. He made a mental not to meet Murdock face to face in the comming days.

When she asked her question Howl was happy to answer, "There are plently of wolves that switch packs. Most are born into their packs and once they grow up choose to stay or look for a new pack. Plus situations can lead packs to seperate, disband. Or members can be kicked out in extreme cases. In any case, switching packs isn't a rare ocurrance, but many don't hop back and forth." Howl didn't know anyone that hoped back and forth between packs on purpose at least.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The male took in the fact with an alright,  and after a moment continued on to speak about packs at length. She found herself losing focus midway through; unlike Valette's talk of hunting, this was harder to retain. For a moment she paused, trying to gather together the fragments that she'd caught, before taking a page from Birk's book. "are you hungry?" The waterfall stood abandoned now as she focused on him, muzzle canting to the left.
Adopt my pups!               
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As he finished up what he was saying he could tell that she was loosing interest in the answer to her own question. But she had probable expected it to be a quick one, not one dependant on so many factors. He mind shifted again to another topick something Howl thought he would have to get used to when speaking with her. He thought about it for a moment. "Sure. Planning on hunting something?" she asked wondering what her ideal target might be if they were to go hunting for this meal.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He seemed receptive, and she smiled, her muzzle curving as she gestured to the north-east. "I think I scented some birds - pheasants - over there. maybe we could try and catch a couple?"  There was a little flash of excitement as she suggested the hunt, for she hadn't really hunted with a packmate beside Murdock, let alone one she'd just met. She awaited his answer with interest, ears peaked atop her head, hoping her chosen quarry was good enough.
would you like to fade here, maybe?
Adopt my pups!               
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Yeah. I'll make this short.

So she had intended for them to have fresh meat. A preference most wolves... and canines had. He gave her a smile and gestured with his head for her to lead the way. Howl wasn't sure how good of a hunter she was, but he felt confident that between the two of them he could at least catch one. And so he followed her to the birds she had mentioned and they set off on thier hunt.