Moonspear flame imperishable
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
It was still earlier in the morning hours than she actually liked, but she would dredge herself out into the snow and rove a bit anyway then eventually patrol until she couldn't stand it any longer. The cold wasn't biting as badly today, so she had to take advantage while the sun was up. Plus, she was coming back around to her other senses, the ones that didn't revolve around carnal desires and her most greediest attachment to her other half. This go of it, she seemed let it drag on, annoyingly so.. but it had been well-spent. She had finally let herself indulge, relax, and embrace it well enough to enjoy. Familiar, everything went uncontested, and undisturbed by anything beyond annoyances from nosy boys; in such a comfort came with real foundation behind it. The other details could have her tend to them later. For now, she still had plenty to do here in the present, besides hoping that spring came sooner, rather than later this year especially.

She still felt the lingering edge of it all though, and shook the ache out of her legs with a stiff trot down a steep incline. When the ground underfoot finally flattened enough and more frequent pathways began to spread before her, she slowed back down to a walk and sniffed along. Feeling a little removed from all the everyday sorts of routines with everyone she normally passed by, she tried to ease back in with a sharp look on. As always, she knew the others were busy here, and that she had catching up to do where it came to the finer details. Now she only had to sniff out where to begin.
i'm sure there's someone she needs fresh threads with or to meet properly. anyone is welcome ^^
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Every day he was practicing. There were things on his mind he couldn't shake; Liffey's worry, his own predicament, a slight bite of loss for finally leaving the Caldera behind. So he focused on what he could do - getting stronger in his movement. That morning he was out, walking a route in the snow. The difficulty of walking was twofold so by now he was panting from the exertion of it, and every hop with his hind legs was a strain.

When he saw a dark wolf, the thought it was Hydra initially, and he let out a bark of greeting.

for funsies!
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
y e S S S
Shifting focus so starkly was a process of its own. She reached across the mountains--breathing deep, and listening, until it was that her path brought her near Gannet's own it would seem. To his bark, she perked her head and paused mid-step to eyeball him from here with a questioning squint. 

Her hackles gave a slow rise; she was not used to seeing him out and as such, she took a second to adjust to his new honest status as omega, no longer a Redhawk captive. An improvement.. which in that case, she would have to make this apparent somehow. With his leg in questionable shape and winter's snow still coming, Amekaze was still going to have to scrape for reluctant optimism at best right now thought.

But, this was none of the outright display he had seen from her last time. She rolled her shoulders back and swung her tail up as she slid forward again, this time angling towards him nose-first with long strides. His hobble would take too long and her patience was pretty sparse already. "You," she chuffed, a bit harsh--she warred with her sights going red at his prior affiliations still. She was coping, and did not know that he had anticipated a daughter of hers, not her.

Slowing up to a loose walk, she circled him wide by a few lengths--mainly so she could see his leg, as well as the rest of him, in plain sight. She mostly knew him crumpled up somehow. "How is it?" she asked, gesturing at the lame limb with her muzzle.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It was a while before he realized his mistake, but as she drew closer, he recognized the mother versus her daughter. Immediately his eager bearing dropped, and his tail and ears fell slightly as he slowed. Likely this would only increase the time and irritation she felt, but it allowed him to take the submissive air that he felt necessary to show. The last thing he wanted was to invite her anger again.

You. The word fell a tad harshly, and he winced internally, but there was no danger behind it thankfully. She didn't seem angry that he'd come to her, even if it was by accident.

He remained still as she circled, watching from his periphery and fighting the urge to keep his front to her. "Better." He replied, and though he thought that fact obvious by his ranging, he was beginning to realize it was a question asked out of politeness. Rather than mention it he (wisely) clarified a bit instead. "No running yet. But better.". It no longer hurt as badly as it had, though it was obviously weaker.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Better was good. Decidedly among the things she could find little fault with, she nodded thoughtfully and finished her lap to pause somewhere closer to his front half. "Good. Hopefully more so with time," With time, it could get even better, and maybe even stronger. She wondered how mobile he would be fully healed. But mending in winter was never easy, from resources to navigating at all (considering all their snow lately too). She took it as a positive sign that he was maintaining an upswing, all things considered. "Spring will probably make it easier for you as well." Which she hoped was soon. It had better be soon. She was certainly devoting her energies to the notion--she'd need it, if she and Charon did have their pups soon. "The mountain is easier to move around on then also.. can go up further, see more. Better hunts too.." she mentioned, since it was something that interested her. Whether or not the crippled Gannet cared or not remained to be seen. She knew very little about what went on in his head, and what exactly his strengths and interests were.

813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She seemed amicable enough this time, and the tension left, though his demeanor did not much change. It was a habit he came to naturally; it hadn't been as necessary at the Caldera, but while he'd been lost, it was a demeanor that had saved his life. When a lead sensed a wolf had little desire to lead and a lot of desire to be led, they tended to allow one to run with them a while.

The thought of hunting on the mountain did indeed spark interest, and he glanced up. "You hunt up there?" He asked, impressed and wondering how exactly he would learn to do so. He would manage, somehow, though it seemed as if it would be dangerous. Fun, but dangerous. He had always been fascinated by the thought of flying, so he'd found himself eager since he arrived to explore the heights of the peak.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She liked him a little more not so pitiful and stayed as she was, beginning to reflect more neutral overall. "Yeah," she nodded, also finding the heights an easy enough interest and maybe something for him to look forward to. Amekaze couldn't say if it would be any time soon enough. Not only did his healing matter but so did the weather. "When it warms up and ice melts, you can reach new paths and meadows even." Not knowing what sort of routes the caldera he had grown up on held, she just kept it related to what she knew here. Again, in time, if he stayed among them like this (living and in their rankings) he could find out easily enough.

"Bighorn sheep and mountain goats sometimes, for the big prizes up there," she said while fighting the urge to lick her teeth. "Worth it for the brave." And indeed, it took a skilled wolf to hunt up there some days. On cliffsides, on changing terrain, on mud, then rockslides--who knew what else.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He tried to picture the mountain once the snows had melted, but it was hard. The Caldera was tame and flat in its slopes; it didn't have the rugged wildness that the spear did. Nor did it have the height. He itched now to go higher.

"You hunt together?" He assumed so, but if that was the case, it would have to be in the meadows. Yes? It was hard enough to coordinate a hunt on flat ground; he couldn't imagine trying with the mountain to contend with. "I want to learn," he added, a small eagerness entering both his demeanor and his tone. He wasn't sure if he was brave; he'd never really thought much about it. But if he was, he would enjoy it, he thought.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She nodded her head to affirm her answer that yes, they did hunt together. "Sometimes." She also went alone sometimes just because she was better at finding spur of the moment trails than she was actually employing the tactics of a large-scale hunt--but those were never the big meals she went after then because she knew better, and knew that one wolf could only do so much. "You can learn, if you want it," she returned, hopeful that he could do better than the aerial acts his lunatic father had launched once; their good teachers here would make sure of that. "With time, and come spring--which better come soon--there will be plenty of opportunity," Ame nodded, quite sure of herself. There would be hunting to be had and he, so long as he ran among them, was welcome. When the upper meadows opened more and they would have puppies to feed (she wasn't ready to tell him this so directly though), she knew the pack would go hunting for the big finds up high now and again.

With or without that leg beneath him in full, if he wanted to hunt the bigger game on heights, he'd just have to learn how. "Perfecting your balance now will help." she motioned very briefly to his lame leg. In all of its manifestations, she would always believe balance was important, more so than her words may let on.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He nodded eagerly as she spoke of him learning, and wondered who would be teaching or if the pack as a whole would be his example. Sometimes it was better to learn in the game. He also shared the sentiment that hopefully spring would come soon... he enjoyed the cold and the snow, but in his condition, did not enjoy the unstable walking conditions.

"I have been walking," he said, shifting his weight as he did so somewhat self-consciously. "But it's different.". Likely she would understand that. She seemed to know something about it, and he suddenly grew curious. "Is there something else?" Did she know something he could do to better perfect it?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She could never speak from personal experience. A few times over all the years she'd been around, she had only ever hurt a paw or a leg here and there and that was the closest to it.. and those had always been minor enough for her to still mend. But even so, she knew it could be done. Wolves lived without entire legs before. She had seen it happen. It wasn't easy, surely, but there had to be some method to it and adjusting properly enough.

None of her answers were going to come too easily, although it was now because she simply did not have them to give yet. Amekaze could offer him no guarantees. "Walking will help, I would bet.." she hmm'd, this was all theory on her behalf but grounded in experience and logic. "To build strength where the leg lacks, and to train your body to remember that.. Then after you can run, and climb. But do not overdo it." She motioned up again. If he tried to exert too much, too soon, he really would impede his healing. However he was doing really well so far, and it was honestly less of a concern just yet so she would offer him this next piece. "When you are up to it, you should spar. Keep it casual at first until you know what you can do and take on it. The maneuvers it takes to defend and offend, the split second decisions.. all of it polishes up a good stability in ways other things do not reach, in my opinion." And there were plenty of able wolves here, despite her not offering herself--she would sub in Jarilo or Vela if she had to anyway since they needed the experience. Point was, he was in no shortage. It was the best piece of advice she would offer any wolf, three good legs or not.

She let a pause hang, unsure how much more he may want to ask right now, or if she would be moving on soon. Although it was with a small measure of reluctance, she had to commend the yearling for sticking to it, and persisting. "But really. You seem to have a good start going," she had to say, silently urging him to keep moving on that path and to not let the long tired road to full recovery wear him down.
i'm ok with a fade and a fresh one whenever you are ( considering all the Things that happen always omg o:!!!))
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sounds good, fading!!

It was good to hear her confirm that his current course was a good one, and he nodded, happy to be doing the right thing. He would keep going, but definitely be mindful of taking it the correct speed. He didn't want to end up needing Lyra's help (and piss her off further) or having to wait even longer to be of use. That would be terrible.

Sparring was one he hadn't thought of, and a very good idea! He would need to find a partner, and immediately thought of Hydra and Dune. Both would probably be willing and able once he had gotten to the right point.

The final nod he gave her was grateful, and a powerful lightness took him at her confirmation. He was doing well!! That from her was doubly appreciated because he sensed she was not one to praise without cause. He also sensed a close to their conversation, however, so with a final "I will," he ducked his head and departed, heading back for his spot to do a bit more wandering.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Amekaze was tentatively hopeful for him, and would close out this encounter with perhaps a dash more regard for him. She still thought he was impressively simple but for now, maybe that was for the best. Ame supposed good morale was key for his continued mending, and wanted to find out what did work to make him stronger.. because why not know what it took to get back to it after an injury like that. Above all, she was curious of the outcome here. So far, so good?

Anyway as this drew to a close, she was on her way as well. Until next time.