The Sunspire i'll follow her
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
patrol for old times sake, @Rannoch ? -eye emoji-

terance patrolled the south-eastern border today, as he actually really liked it. it was by arrow lake, a territory he actually quite enjoyed, and if he ever decided he felt to stuffed up he knew that he could just leave and head there-- though he hadn't felt like that in sunspire, not yet. it was all so new and exciting, and terance thoroughly enjoyed patrolling the borders. it was his duty-- but like, with more responsibility now. that was good, terance had decided, he actually really liked it. but still, arrow lake was not too far off.

he paused along his way to make a stray pine tree that littered the border, nose twitching. a few packmates scents were nearby, he noticed, but nothing out of the ordinary. so he kept moving.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
It had felt as though an eternity had passed since Rannoch and Terance had patrolled; he found himself suddenly nostalgic to walk the borders with his friend. With this sentiment driving his paw steps, Rannoch sought the Sunspire's outer perimeter and the wolf who so diligently protected it. 

"Terance!" Rannoch barked once he spotted Terance's familiar form in the distance. "Wait up, dude!"
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
it was with great pleasure that terance heard the voice of rannoch calling after him. the raven-coated yearling paused, turning to see his friend and alpha trotting over. his own tail waved, and he offered the male a friendly nip to the shoulder. "out on the borders again?" he asked jovially, glad to see rannoch out here again-- even though he knew that the male was going to be taking a step back from border patrol to focus on his specialties-- which he totally respected. "how's it been going?"
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Once Rannoch pulled up alongside Terance, he returned his friend's show of affection by nipping his ear. "Only to see you," he admitted with a smile. "I missed this." 

When asked about the condition of everything, Rannoch reflected for a pause. "Surprisingly ... good," he acknowledged; Rannoch didn't want to jinx himself or Sunspear with his statement. "How about you? Settling in well?" 
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
his tail wagged. "i missed this too," he said with a smile, green gaze shifting forward as they walked. "good to hear," he responded first, then shrugged, "good too-- just different, feeling weird, but good? i really love it here, rannoch, i'm glad i came." he was serious about that. definitely missed hydra and the rest of moonspear but... sunspire was good. he wouldn't go back now that he'd actually had time to settle in. 

"everyone here is great, too. seabreeze and i have been patrolling a bit, she seems nice-- level headed," and everyone else too, but terance had spent most of his time with her. "wraen said she's happy too," he added-- which was honestly his biggest concern.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch's heartstrings strummed at Terance's news. "I'm so happy to hear that," he admitted, his relief evident. Rannoch had worried that the others weren't as fond of the spire as he was. 

Rannoch turned his attention to the path ahead, then, and asked, "Have you smelled anything out of the ordinary on the borders? Or does everything seem normal?"  From his initial sniffing, things seemed to be in order. Despite this face, Rannoch wondered if Terance had anything of interest to share.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance thought about the question for a moment before shrugging. "nothing crazy. seabreeze and i came across a nice spot near the borders-- good for relaxing. i'll show you sometime, bet it'd be really nice in the summer when it gets real hot," he told his friend with a wag of his tail. hopefully that was enough to share. thankfully, it really had been nice along the borders... it was a good change in pace from moonspear. he voiced this. "different than moonspear-- a lot less to deal with... so far anyway."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch's ear cupped towards Terance. "Oh, really?" he rejoined with obvious interest, "You'll have to show me. It sounds like a good place to relax and keep an eye on things."  

As Terance elaborated, Rannoch couldn't help but nod in agreement. "It feels like I can finally breathe," he admitted with a smile.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance nodded, tail waving. "by the falls, sort of a little hideaway. but still nice and sunny. i don't give it justice," he tried to elaborate, but then stopped as terance remembered how poor he was with words. no matter, he'd show rannoch soon enough-- they could have a spa day hang out day there. 

well, to say terance felt suffocated by moonspear would be a lie-- and he was sad to hear rannoch say something like that. but he understood, and didn't challenge him. instead nodding. "i hope they're doing well, though," he replied with a soft sigh. he really hoped they were doing well.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Despite everything that had happened, Rannoch could not wish ill of the pack that they had left behind. "I hope so, too," he admitted. "Even with everything that happened, I hope they are doing as well as we are."  Despite everything, Moonspear was the reason that Rannoch was alive. Although he did not appreciate their actions, he could acknowledge that they had once been there for them. 

Rannoch exhaled gently and regarded his friend with doleful eyes. "You know that this pack couldn't have been formed this without you and your efforts, right?" He hoped Terance knew how prominent he was to Sunspire's existence.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hearing the words meant a lot... terance knew rannoch felt this way-- it went unsaid. but all the same, hearing them out loud always just eased poor terance's stress. it was rannoch, really, his friend just always put him at ease.

"i know you know i miss them but... there's no where else i'd rather be," he replied softly, bumping against his hip.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch smiled. "I'm glad," he replied as he returned Terance's affectionate gesture with gusto. With both men feeling the warm and fuzzies, they patrolled Sunspire's parameters for a majority of the afternoon. Thankfully, it appeared that all was normal, and when they parted ways, Rannoch picked his way up the mountainside to see what his wife was up to.