Sheepeater Cliff we made our homes in different places
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
All Welcome 
I'm being vague about some stuff because important threads aren't finished yet. But he wouldn't just sit back and ignore the howls of @Liffey or @Rannoch so, lets tempt fate some more! You get #400!

The calls came one by one and at first Screech wasn't sure he could trust the wind, or his ears. They were so close, but they came from the strangest place — from the mountains first, from Moonspear or close enough — and he was struck by a mixture of sensations. An elation upon hearing those familiar voices. A fear too, because they came from enemy territory (he entertained a thought that they had been captured but, Screech remained loyal to Rannoch and believed he would never lose to the likes of the Cerberus). He had to fight the urge to tilt back his own head and sing. He wanted them to find him but not Hydra, not her mother or her sisters. He had barely escaped the last time.

He knew it was foolish to try and find them, but Screech could not sit idle. He kept close to the riverbank when he began his trek and made sure to cover his route by walking the ice-strewn edge, or dipping in to the chilly water if he must. It was a day of exploration, a night of restlessness where he waited in the shadow of a mountain range. He was tired and hungry, but the boy would not turn back unless he must. There had been no sign of Moonspear here; he was on the opposite side of the forbidden valley now.

The rocky paths lead upwards along a ridge that broke apart in to a series of cliffs, working their way up the range. He did not want to get too far from his new home — yet Screech drank in the clear mountain air, surveyed the snowy landscape, and with a lift of his chin he dared the universe to take this moment away from him.

His song was brief but he hoped it was enough. 'Rannoch! Liffey!' As his voice died in the air he slunk in to the shadows of the hillside forest, waiting for a response from the air or the sound of anyone's approach.

587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Cameo! She is not near Screech yet.
Powerplaying @Stockholm with permission. ♥

The sheepdog’s natural friskiness was piqued by the frost in the air and the spice of the season; she gamboled through the snow with unfettered eagerness, tufted ears pressed forward upon her skull with such concentration that her gentle brow wore a soft furrow. She was making a rather precise pattern — precise to her, anyway; to an outsider’s eyes, and perhaps even to Stockholm’s, it was abstract at best. If a cartoonist were to put onomatopoeic words to her actions, something like “boi-yoi-yoing — CRUNCH! — shuffleshuffleshuffle — sproi-yoi-yoing — CRUNCH! — shuffleshuffleshuffle” might have sufficed. She sprang into the air like a winged coyote, hovered with all four legs tugged up against her body, and disappeared into the wealth of white. It was only about a foot high here, but Coelacanth was tiny, only about eight inches taller at the withers.

boi-yoi-yoing — THWUP!

Well, the snow was certainly deeper here.

One tufted ear popped out of the Seelie-shaped depression in the snow like a periscope, and it was at this very moment that Screech’s song interrupted the comforting rumble of Stockholm’s chuckle. The other ear sprang free, and in tandem, they both turned west, toward the direction of the howl. The Gampr’s large, bearlike paws moved with infinite care to break his struggling Groenendael free. Something in the howl — unfamiliar to Stockholm, who hadn’t interacted overly much with the young wolf — was apparently very important to his Seelie, so he prepared with good-natured serenity to divert their course once more. They’d been on their way to Morningside, but…

…well, it was fortunate for the sprightly female that her protector had the patience of a saint.

It took some doing, but in a matter of minutes the Gampr and the Groenendael were on the move. Though Stockholm followed Coelacanth’s lead, the pair moved as one, his larger form standing parallel to hers to keep the worst of the wind from knocking her flat.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
PPing Ranny with permission :D Chan'll pop in soon!

Liffey felt shaken still by what had happened at Moonspear. No matter how far they got from the peak, it didn't seem to be far enough to settle the anxiety in her heart. She might be foolish enough to offend the cerberus by departing their ranks, but she was not fool enough to think that their vengeance would not one day come. She could only hope that the paranoia would go away someday, or that she would perhaps one day put herself in a position where she didn't fear them coming for her so much. But for now, she was nervous, and worried, and all she wanted was just a few more miles between them.

The group had stopped that day in Hoshor Plains - a territory that was familiar to her from the last time she and @Rannoch had traveled in search of a new home. The couple had decided to take a little time together away from the others, and so they had wandered towards the distant cliffs and brought themselves just within range of a familiar voice that just so happened to be calling for them. Liffey's heart froze at the sound. She knew it instantly, and with only a brief glance at her mate, she was off in search of the caller.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Titmouse— he was alive.

Rannoch froze at the sound of his former ward's voice, and for a moment he was convinced that the call was a figment of his imagination. Rannoch sought his wife to validate that it was all inside his mind. Liffey's expression told him otherwise, and Rannoch felt as though his stomach was going to fall out of his butt. A silent agreement fell between the married couple, and they sprung into action. Rannoch raced alongside Liffey, determined to locate Titmouse as quickly as they could. He couldn't help but throw his head back and bay—we're coming for you, Titmouse! 

Sheepeater Cliffs was a territory that Rannoch was familiar with; memories of his adventure with the future of Northstar Vale flooded through him, and he couldn't help but feel all the more sentimental. Although the earth was covered with a fresh blanket of snow, Rannoch stepped gingerly through the territory. 

When Titmouse's figure materialized in the distance, Rannoch wheezed a soft whine. The sight of the other wolf was enough to motivate him to pick up the pace, and Rannoch broke into an uphill gallop for the home stretch. His tail whipped happily at his hocks, whimpers feel freely from his slacked jaw, and when Rannoch was close enough, he thrust his head forward to embrace the wolf that he had been convinced that he'd never see again.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
The first to intercept him was Rannoch, who came tearing through the trees like a bat out of hell. Screech had tensed at the sound of movement out of habit but, when both Rannoch and Liffey came in to view, he couldn't help but melt in to their attention. The boy was enveloped in a wolf-hug that he freely returned, greedy for physical contact that didn't involve pain or bloodshed. His pleased whines were audible enough, but the rest of him swayed between the two adults recklessly as he reconnected with them.

You're here! I thought I heard you -- but, his uneven voice kept breaking, and soon enough Screech was too overwhelmed by the situation to put his thoughts straight let alone speak. It took some time before everything calmed - and then he looked between them both, I heard you guys. Before, I mean. It sounded like you were in the mountains! What the hell were you doing over by those Moonspear lunatics? He was glad they were free now, whatever the reason. Maybe they had been prisoners or maybe they had willingly traded themselves away for some reason that Screech could not fathom - but they were both here, right now, and he wouldn't let them go so easily.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey rushed to her little brother, right behind her mate. She paused as he swept in to embrace the boy, but only briefly before she saw an opening and moved in to press herself into the group hug as well. She felt tears springing to her eyes - tears of relief, disbelief, all forms of -ief. She had been so worried that they had killed him. She hadn't allowed herself to think it until now, seeing him here, safe, breathing. But she had been so afraid. But it was okay.. He was okay.

Or was he? Liffey stepped back as Titmouse began to speak, looking him over and immediately seeing the wounds. She felt her stomach drop and she gasped. She'd known they'd hurt him, but this... "Those savages... Those fucking savages..." she murmured, shaking her head as anger and sadness flooded her. She didn't even notice as that monumental moment in her life passed by - the second time she'd ever dropped an f-bomb.

Liffey shook her head. "We were living there," she explained, though she was distracted by her own reeling thoughts, "They cared for Rannoch when he was injured and we stayed. And then Galaxy and you and.. We left. We just left, a few days ago. We're.. we're finding a new home, Oh Titmouse, what'd they do to you?" She reached for him again, not caring about the mutilation that marred his face, running her tongue tenderly across it in a way that would've made her younger, kid-hating self's jaw drop in incredulity.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The mark of the Cerebus had evaded Rannoch when he had thrown himself at Titmouse; a case of tunnel-vision was to blame for his lack of observation. When he pulled himself away from the embrace, Rannoch noticed the "mercy" that the three sisters had willed upon him. His gut twisted uncomfortably, and Rannoch did his best to keep a level head about him— but it was so hard seeing Titmouse as he was. 

Rannoch leaned in and preened at the downy fur that covered Titmouse's cheeks. Liffey took the ropes in regards to filling him in, and Rannoch ceased the opportunity to soothe his former ward. He only withdrew to add to Liffey's explanation: "My injury was why I never returned to the Vale. I'm so sorry, Titmouse. Sorry for all of this." 
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
They fawned over him and covered him with kisses, or probably the wolf equivalent (and mostly those were from Liffey); they also lauded him with apologies and Screech resisted those, shaking his head more and more until there was only silence. He leaned in to both of them regardless, and finally came up with an answer.

It's pretty obvious isn't it? He withdrew as he spoke so that he could look at them owlishly, blinking his eyes - one sad looking eyelid wiggling only a bit. But he sighed too, deflating a little bit. They thought I killed someone. A sister, or something. And then they caught me and... This, it's... It's not so bad. That was a lie but he couldn't go back in time or anything, so why dwell on it? So far Screech had survived well enough with one eye. It would only get better from here.

He shrugs, his good eye misting over. I can't believe you lived with them. What was that like?
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey shook her head as her little brother explained what had happened. She had known already, but hearing it from him was different. The way he tried to dismiss the fact that they had partially blinded him. It reminded her of Gannet. They had crippled him and he was convinced that they had been in the right. Did Titmouse think his punishment was just as well? Oh god, please don't...

No. No, he didn't. She remembered now him calling them lunatics, and the incredulous tone of his next comment eased her mind as well. Liffey realized then that she was shaking from the fury that she felt. In that moment, she suddenly found herself wanting to turn around and storm straight back to Moonspear and break one leg and remove one eye from each of those bitches. They wouldn't mind - they'd still MATCH. But Liffey was not her mother. She was too much her father - sensible and, more importantly, self-aware. She took a breath and fought to calm herself.

"Awful. That's why we left. They're monsters," Liffey told him, feeling somehow liberated by being able to say such things out loud and feel perfectly vindicated for it, "But Tit, what happened that day? When Galaxy - I mean, their sister - died? I know you had nothing to do with it." She reassured him of that last part almost sternly. Yes, she'd thought him a moron and a coward for running instead of calling for help, but never did she blame him or think that he could've even done anything if he had stayed.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"We didn't believe them for a second," Rannoch assured Titmouse, his voice firm. "I tried to convince them that you would never do that but, they never listened." Something within Rannoch deflated at that moment; he felt defeated, and it showed in his eyes. In noticing the foreign feeling, Rannoch did as he did to any unwanted feelings he sensed with company around— Rannoch disregarded the emotion and knew that he'd revisit it at another time when he was alone. 

Rannoch allowed his wife to explain how living in the lair of the Cerebus was, and he had nothing more to add. She had hit the nail on the head. His ears perked as Liffey asked Titmouse of his perspective on what happened on the night of Galaxy's death, and he waited with baited breath.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
He wanted it over and done with - every last bit of his trauma, expelled. There was no way to do that though. Everyone would ask him about his face, want the real story, and he was tired of it. But he couldn't lie to these two. Rannoch mentioned that he defended Screech against the wolves of Moonspear and he managed a thin smile in return, and with a sigh began his tale.

It started with Blackfeather. He hastily outlined the basics of that: thinking he'd found Raven but it was really someone else; his broken leg and subsequent imprisonment; escaping with Cassiopeia; watching Elwood chase her off, breaking Screech's promise. I healed with Raven's help, and wanted to stretch my legs a bit. So I got some runs in - then patrols, further from the Caldera every day. His throat constricted as he thought of the next stage, of Moonspear and he flash of white that was the pale sister - Galaxy, that had been her name, from what Liffey had said.

I got pretty close to Moonspear and I was... I was just gonna say hello, I guess. Try to make a good impression. This girl comes running at me outta nowhere, then dropped. I just... I don't know, He realized this was the full truth pouring out of him. I panicked, I.. I ran. He pressed himself in to Liffey as he felt his voice shake but that didn't silence him entirely.

I tried to go home but they were preparing for the war -- I wanted to keep them all safe, so I ran from there too, and ran right in to.. to Hydra, He couldn't even say her name without choking on that name, spitting it out like it was some kind of poison he shouldn't touch. The next thing I know she's... Well, all of them, they were all there and grabbing me and... I blacked out.

He sighed and fell silent, leaving the rest to their imagination.

587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
The lost lamb’s scent trail grew fresher with each step, and eventually the Gampr and the Groenendael parted ways. Stockholm busied himself with investigating a nearby cache while Seelie continued onward — and eventually, a familiar voice reached her waiting ears. They strained forward, cupping eagerly to catch the tail end of Screech’s story as her catlike paws quickened.

“…all of them, they were all there and grabbing me, and…I blacked out.”

Coelacanth was assailed with a mental image so painfully harrowing her eyes shimmered with unshed tears — was that how he had lost his eye? — and she burst upon the scene in a miniature mushroom cloud of snow as though by moving quickly now she could somehow prevent the tragedies that had already transpired. Feathery hackles riffled to life along her spine as she issued a meaningful boof! and allowed it to trail off into a kittenish growl — yet at the sight of the golden-eyed wolf and his striking resemblance to the grayscale twain, her defensive posture and defiant expression melted away. Was this…his family? Tufted ears fluttered uncertainly as she retreated a step or two, huffing out a breath that rippled from her nose in an uneasy whuffle.

Unaware that her coloring was strikingly similar to Screech’s erstwhile attackers and that Liffey and Rannoch — or even Screech himself! — might take offense to her taking such liberties, Seelie took a few tremulous steps forward to station herself at the boy’s hip. Though she was dwarfed in height by all of the wolves present, most especially the turquoise-eyed behemoth, she knew she would not hesitate to throw herself into harm’s way on the lamb’s behalf.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey shook her head almost the entire time Screech was telling his story. She hadn't been present that day in Moonspear having gone off to explore North of the territory, but she had known exactly what had happened. Titmouse's story lined up exactly to what she had suspected. There was no resolution for what had happened to cause Galaxy's death, but everything else. He had found her dead (sort of), gotten scared, and he ran away. She knew it. Those horrible bitches. Those vicious, senseless beasts...

"I'm so sorry, Titmouse. I--" Liffey's sentiments were cut short by the sudden appearance of a fourth to their party. A female, cloaked in black, with a flash of blue eyes on her face. She acted without thinking, instinctively, instantly. Her hackles were raised and lips peeled back in a snarl as she sprang to push herself between the black female and her little brother in an effort to force the bitch back and away from the boy.

Wrong bitch, though. But she'll realize that next round.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
From @Coelacanth: "In the thread with Liffnoch and Screech, you can assume in your post that when Liffey shoved Seelie, Seelie was bumped aside / kind of bounced away is now just standing in a crouch with stare-y blue eyes, doing a tiny snarly face that does not actually look scary because she is incapable of looking scary.

Tell me if anybody has issues with my response.

As carefully as Rannoch had listened to Titmouse's explanation, his preoccupation on his former ward's every word was impressed as a hauntingly familiar figure materialized at Titmouse's hip.

Much like Liffey, who sprung into action the moment that Coelacanth had appeared, Rannoch was quick to react. Unlike regular instances, where he wouldn't respond in such a mindless manner, Rannoch lept towards the stranger with his teeth bared. Liffey was first to reach the stranger and promptly knocked Coelacanth aside. 

This was the first indication to Rannoch that something was off. 

Coelacanth lacked the strength and ferocity that the triplets possessed; although Liffey had power behind her, Rannoch knew that she wouldn't have taken on one of the Ostrega girls as quickly as she had. This realization caused Rannoch to skid to a halt alongside his wife and took a better look at the unidentified wolf. Although she carried the same color scheme as the Cerebus, that is where their similarities stopped. The wolf before them, who was attempting her best act of intimidation, was built more like Olive then their former packmates. She was dainty, delicate, and, in Rannoch's opinion, unable to defend herself against Liffey. 

When his suspicions were confirmed, Rannoch turned hastily towards his wife with concern in his voice, "Liffey! That's not who you think it is!" 
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Liffey was in the middle of saying something when a dark shape materialized beside him. Unfortunately for everyone involved, the grondendael had launched herself at Screech from his blind side - he didn't see the shape until Liffey had reacted, knocking the slender girl aside, and as Screech pivoted defensively he heard what Rannoch was saying, and finally clued in that there was someone there. He whipped his head about and spotted Coelacanthe during the chaos but didn't immediately recognize her as his friend. He saw her bared teeth standing out against the blackness of her thin face and recoiled, stumbling in to one of the others without thinking.

Then, as Rannoch's words registered, it dawned on him that this was the girl from the beach. Stop! He called out, throwing himself abruptly between Liffey and the girl. She's — this is my friend, but even as he said this Screech was looking wildly between Liffey and Coelacanthe. He was flustered by the turn of events and just as confused as the others, but he didn't want anything to happen to the Corten.

The boy's heart was racing and his belly flip-flopped every time he matched his gaze with her, so he returned his attention to Liffey instead, hoping things would calm down on their own.

587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Feel free to not have them hear her!

The little Groenendael remained in a defensive crouch, now several feet away from Screech, her cerulean eyes squinting reflexively and her tufted ears tucked tightly against her skull; her cringing posture said she expected retaliation, but the kittenish growl that hummed in her throat said she wasn’t done fighting. She was puffed up like an agitated housecat, the bridge of her muzzle creased into a snarl that just barely revealed the tips of her canines. Like Liffey and Rannoch, she was mostly concerned with the golden-eyed lamb — and when he stumbled back from her, recoiling, she responded in kind and gave him an even wider berth. Her emotions had gotten the best of her, but she hadn’t meant to drive him away! Not fully understanding the chaos she’d caused, she longed only to return to Stockholm, the arch of her rib cage held low to the ground as she slunk away.

“Liffey! That’s not who you think it is!”

“Stop! She’s — this is my friend.”

Seelie was his friend! — a fact that gave her pause and had her feathered plume wriggling timorously despite the gravity of the situation — but oh, she had made a bad impression on his other friends. That they had a history was made plain by the way Screech broke with them instead of away from them, by choice instead of coincidence. Turning to face the fiery-eyed female and her heavily muscled companion, the diminutive creature apologized for her blunder: her muzzle and brow smoothed out, the former craning toward the earth as she dropped her carriage and allowed the tip of her tail to snake guiltily between her hind legs. She couldn’t help its nervous scribbling; it fluttered between her hocks like a caged bird as her tufted ears slicked back and she turned her brilliant Neptune gaze pointedly askance. All of this happened in the space of a few seconds, but she carefully held her submissive posture until she could no longer stop herself:

“Titmouse” — that was what Liffey had called the lamb. Coelacanth had chosen a different one for him, but this must have been his true name. For a moment her mouth worked, but no sound emerged. She grappled with her impediment until she could claim that she’d beaten it — at least, partially: “Mou?” she whispered, a sound so soft and fragile it’d blow away if someone sighed.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey hadn't needed the shouts from Rannoch or Titmouse to know that this was not who she had feared it was. She'd known the moment her body collided with the other's and knocked her away. She had moved too easily, given up her ground too easily. Liffey hadn't pursued the girl's retreat, and so she was able to stand away and see her small, dainty frame, and know. She'd made a mistake. It wasn't one of the sisters. Thank god.

The Frostfur relaxed her posture, visibly relieved. She remained guarded though, for she still had not appreciated the girl's abrupt arrival and it was difficult to let all of her pent-up tension go. She breathed, trying to steady the anxiety that had driven her outburst. She frowned at the soft sound that escaped the newcomer's throat, not recognizing it for a word. Then she shook her head and took another deep breath. "Sorry. I thought you were... You startled me," she said to the dark female, not feeling overly sorry yet, but knowing she would when her blood pressure had gone back down. She looked at Titmouse, then to Rannoch, saying nothing more for the time-being.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
When it was established amongst the group that Coelacanth was a friend, and once Liffey's posture relaxed, Rannoch could finally release the tension that had quickly gathered within his body. Offering nothing to the conversation, he pressed himself against his mate in an attempt to comfort her. Rannoch couldn't blame her for jumping to the wrong conclusion— he had nearly done the same thing.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

Despite the rocky introduction Screech found he was glad to see the Corten; the stress of the girl's sudden appearance waned and Screech slipped closer to her, giving her a careful nudge with his nose as if to say, it's alright. He didn't let himself become absorbed by Coelacanthe yet, especially since he couldn't exactly introduce her without knowing her name. Thankfully he was a quick study when it came to nicknames, and explained to Liffey hastily, I met her on the beach a few days ago, she's part of this big family called the Cortens. They're really nice - made me miss everyone.

He hadn't told them the worst part about his encounter with Hydra yet, and remembering the rules that Hydra had enforced in regards to his family made Screech's throat constrict. His attention wavered a little as he stared off in to space, but then he refocused. I can't go home Liffey, the boy murmured mournfully, Hydra said she'd kill me if I ever tried. And then I ran in to her mom — she threatened the same. I go deep in to the valley or anywhere close to the Caldera, and they'll... He was suddenly unable to put a voice behind the concept.

It took Screech a moment to compose himself again and regain some semblance of normalcy. I've been living in this place on the coast with some nice strangers - they call themselves Ravensblood. He looked between his two greatest allies as he mentioned this, searching their faces to see if they knew what he was talking about as he quieted.

587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
In response to Liffey’s apology, Coelacanth vehemently and bashfully shook her head — she had been in the wrong, not the fiery-eyed female to whom Titmouse turned with such trust and affection! Quiet and unobtrusive, she shifted her posture to accommodate the situation: although she was still inherently and involuntarily apologetic for taking up space and interrupting the conversation, her tufted ears rose upon her skull like the first blossoms of spring, tentative and hopeful. They tipped toward the golden-eyed lamb as he began to speak anew, feathered tail sweeping gently behind her — but all too soon, the levity engendered by his tale melted away.

They had banished him from his home? A pained whine stirred in Seelie’s throat as she moved toward him, flattening her tiny body to the ground and touching her nose with featherlight delicacy to the curve of his paw. She whuffed softly before adopting a primly seated posture, distress swimming in her Neptune eyes and causing her hackles to flicker in an inky rushlight along her spine.

Once Titmouse had regained his composure, he surprised the little Groenendael once more — he was one of Constantine’s wolves! Tufted ears popped atop her elegantly sloping crown like inverted exclamation points, recognition causing her tail to whip with heightened swiftness against her hips. She believed that Constantine would care for Titmouse well, but just in case, she began making plans of her own. If the need ever arose, she would be more than happy to offer her island to the yearling as a sanctuary. Indeed, she still harbored a futile hope that he would want to stay!
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The touch of her mate calmed her further, as did the sight of the apparently rather meek girl's response to her brother's regard. Content that there was no threat present, she settled fully and sank back into the conversation. Titmouse introduced her, sort of. He didn't mention a first name, but a surname was provided. She didn't have time to consider it further before he was distracting her by talking about their family, and the venom her former packmates had spat all over him.

She was getting angry again, but there was emotional exhaustion holding her back from letting it command her now. She shook her head miserably, wondering how it was possible she had lived with them for so long. Liffey looked at Rannoch, wondering how he felt about all of this. Would he be just as angry as her? They had banished him from his own family? And for what? He hadn't done a thing.

Liffey didn't know what to say, so she said nothing. She was happy he had found a place for himself, but she did wonder if they would protect him from the Cerberus should they decide to come for him. Gods she was tired. Her desperation to find a home where they could be safe and happy had never been so strong.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The Cortens. Rannoch regarded the stranger with a nod. "It's nice to meet you," he greeted; he couldn't help but wonder what the woman's name was. Before he could ask, Titmouse revealed everything that had happened, and Rannoch found himself fully invested in the information that was told. 

The entire debacle was so wrong and felt frustrated for Titmouse. Although Rannoch did his best to keep his composure, his anger was visible in his eyes. He turned to meet Liffey's glance, and as their eyes met, Rannoch couldn't help but shake his head— it was all so messed up. 

When Titmouse revealed where he currently lived, Rannoch considered the name for a second. Ravensblood— he hadn't heard of them. "I do not know of them. But, I would like to meet them. Friends of yours are friends of ours." 
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

Coelacanthe offered him comfort in her quiet and unassuming ways, and with that Screech felt more relaxed then he cared to admit. His face still felt somewhat flush but he could hide that, and soon enough Rannoch was speaking and he had something to focus on (besides the kind shadow at his side). He nodded at the offer — and then wondered if Constantine would value having allies so far from the coast. Maybe that was all Screech needed, though. An offer, an exchange, so that he wouldn't feel so bad if he abandoned the forest. But his thoughts were a muddled mess, and he hadn't made any plans yet.

I'm sure he'd appreciate it. He answered, and then after a pause began to shift his weight, glance around as if realizing he'd spent a while here with them. I should.. I should get back. I didn't tell them I was going anywhere, his ears flipped about with unease, and he cracked a thin smile upon realizing he had a habit of getting lost. It's good to have found you. You're better off as far from Moonspear as you can get.

587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Thank you for the thread! Pulling Seelie. ♥

It felt as though the impromptu meeting was coming to a close, and Stockholm’s ringing back in the distance only solidified Coelacanth’s desire to detach. She dipped her muzzle with meticulous deliberation to the mated pair, and if by some miracle subtitles could have been orchestrated, “I am very pleased to have met you,” would have flashed across the screen. When it came to Screech, though, her fondness was plain — she felt oddly unrestrained, perhaps due to his skittish nature and younger age. She believed that she would see him again soon, so she did not dither over a prolonged goodbye; instead, she touched her nose with cautious affection to his cheek, and when he did not immediately attempt to wrench away, her pert pink tongue darted out in a chaste farewell kiss.

With that, the sheepdog turned and was gone, the only evidence of her heavily-muscled companion a quietly murmured, “Everything okay?” and the sound of two sets of paws in tandem.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
ima wrap this up! Chan, just slap me if I'm overstepping ;)

The meeting had been brief, but Liffey was thankful for it. Beaten as her brother was, it was immeasurably good to see that he had not been defeated by what the cerberus had done to him. He began to make departing words, and so Liffey stepped forward to embrace him tightly before letting him go. Words had failed her entirely now - she had none to give to either her brother or his similarly mute friend as the pair stepped away. She turned to Rannoch as they left and pressed herself against him, pulling his strength into her before they too turned to continue their own journey of recovery from the hellish experience of Moonspear.
~•~