Horizon Ridge Chippy Chirps
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Itsy had never been this close to the coast before...had she? She could not recall if she ever had. But this place she had arrived to was a nice place. She settled on a rock, as rock wrens did, all bundled up and she tried to rest. But as she usually did, she kept an eye open as she tried to get some sleep.
15 Posts
Ooc —
Shambling out of the woods, she stopped and shook herself then stretched, her muscles relaxing as a happy sigh escaped her lips. It had been a good week and although the lack of sleep was an annoyance, the bear found herself in a good mood as she made her way through the stone rubble. A sharp pain in her paw made her growl in a pain, and she sat down hard, her brows drawn as she brought her paw up to see blood dripping from it. Damn stones. Should have went the other way.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy was right to have been sleeping with an eye open. As she heard a voice, saw a very large form then..."Bear! Bear!" She took off as quickly as she could, flying up into the air. "Scary bear! Scary bear!" Bears were so much larger than wolves, and so were so much more fearsome.
15 Posts
Ooc —
The voice startled her, even with how small it was, and she immediately rose up on her three good paws and looked around sharply. What the hell was that? Then she caught sight of the bird and cringed slightly. She murmured to herself. Probably scared the crap out of it. She quickly sat back down and spoke apologetically. I didn't mean to frighten you. I just got a sharp rock stuck in my paw. I'm no danger to you. You're too small to eat. Please, don't be scared.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The little bird gazed down at the bear, chirping inquisitively. It didn't even want to eat her. What a surprise that was, indeed. Yet she did not go to land, not at all. She did not feel like risking it. Then she caught on being called too small to eat, and she glared down at the other. "Small?! I'll let you know, I am not too small to eat! Itsy prefers not to be eaten, but Itsy is not small!" She continued to screech and caw at the bear, as Itsy was easy to offend.
15 Posts
Ooc —
As the bird seemed to grow bigger, it scolded her for calling her small. If it wasn't for the fact that she didn't want to anger the bird more, she would have laughed. Instead she smiled up at the bird and apologized, her paws coming up as if to ward off more angry chirping. Of course you're not. Silly of me to say so. But you have to admit, you would not fill my stomach, so it would not make sense for me to chase such a brave bird. She admired her spunk, the little bird not backing down to such a large creature as she. What is your name?
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy continued to glare down at the bear. It continued to apologize, and that seemed to be enough for her to come back down into a landing. They bird landed on a boulder, hopping along towards the edge. The bird tipped her head side to side, and her tail started doing the little wag-thing taught by the dog she had met. "Itsy! What is bear's name?"
15 Posts
Ooc —
The bird came down to land, and the grin on her face became wider. Hearing the name, the bear's eyes widened, and she chuckled slightly. Our name's are not so different. Name's Tynee. She quirked her brow at the cute tail wag and gestured. Why do you do that?
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy chirped, humoured by the fact that their names were not so different after all. "Tynee and Itsy! Tynee and Itsy!" She could see the irony in the names, somewhat. Then she was asked something, and she glanced back at her tail.

"Dog taught me! Happy dog, pretty dog!" If her beak could smile, she would be smiling so widely right now. Poppy had been a happy dog, and a pretty dog. She wagged her tail again, it didn't feel wrong at all. In fact, it felt a bit right. And she was not really sure why.
15 Posts
Ooc —
The repeat of their names made a grin slide on the bear's face, and she chuckled. This bird was cute. If not for the stone stuck in her paw, she would actually be enjoying herself, yet the throb of it was beginning to worsen. She shifted where she sat, a pointy rock now digging into her thigh. Trying to distract herself, she cocked her brow and spoke. Dog? Out here? Where did you see it? And how the hell had it survived? Even the little bit of curiosity that she had was awakened as the question went through her mind.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The bird chirped in response, with a very quick series of nods. "Yes, yes! Dog! Far away, long time! Long time!" Poppy had been kind, but it had been some time ago however. She had not seen him in quite a while, or ther other dog Sprig. Made her curious what they were doing these days.
15 Posts
Ooc —
Listening to the cute bird, she had forgotten the stone in her paw, putting it down. A gasped growl rolled out of her lips, instantly lifting her paw and scowling at it. This dog sounds nice. What was it's name? She tried to distract herself with conversation as she focused on the creature, lifting her paw to her mouth, her teeth trying to find the stone.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The little bird flinched when it heard the growl. Why did it growl? Then it spoke, and her one track mind went to that. "Poppy! Poppy is dog's name!" It looked to how the bear was acting with it's paw. And put two and two together. Flying over, it flittered just above to see all the fuss. "Nasty stone, nasty wound!"
15 Posts
Ooc —
Poppy. Nice name. But it wasn't quite distracting her from her now throbbing pain. As the bird flew closer, she was surprised it noticed her paw, if she was completely honest with herself. Huffing sheepishly, she held her paw up and nodded. Yeah. It doesn't feel too good. I'm not sure how I'm going to get it out. It's too thin for my teeth.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy flittered about, daring to fly a bit closer to the paw. Then an idea struck her. "Itsy get it! Itsy get nasty stone!" or she could try at least. Itsy wasn't strongest of birds, but if she landed on one of the bears toes and got the stone from there....