Firefly Ravine how lonely to be something nothing wants to kill
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram's smile slowly faded much like furi's, his expression knotted by consternation -- what had he said?

then she repeated his girlfriend's name -- ingram's tail sagged and his ears splayed to the side. oh shit - was he going to make her cry a second time?

he bit his lower lip and lost the wind under his sails, but not before piping up. "yeah, chusi.. well... it's kinda complicated right now." ingram hated to admit it, but he had played a part in that -- his gaze fell to the ground for a moment before he spoke again. maybe furi had seen her? he felt a little strum of hope in his breast. "you know her? nice pretty fur, soft eyes, best smile on this side of the valley?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Ingram droops similarly to her and she shifts, trying to make up for the new tension when they’d been getting along. Surely, there can’t be too many wolves named Chusi and she had disappeared on an adventure when she’d been a young age. Would she even recognize her older sister? Ingram’s description doesn’t exactly clear things up, either, so she decides to lie and shake her head.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he breathed a sad sigh as furi shook her head; so much for that lead -- dead in the water as soon as he had upturned it.

he rolled his shoulders then, and fastened his gaze on her with an unsinkable smile. "well, guess i'll just keep looking.. and we can still be friends even though you're now technically competition. you gonna be ok, though?" he tilted his muzzle to the side as he awaited her answer, a slow wag of his tail given.

he supposed he ought to go home soon - but not before he made sure that furi's demons weren't about to immediately consume her the second he left.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi doesn’t know how to answer the question. Can they still be friends? Maybe. She doesn’t have to tell anyone, right? She sets her jaw thinking about it, adding on to the more things she keeps from her friends and family. How much more can she pile on?

“Yeah,” she says lazily, nodding her head. “I think I need to be alone now, though,” she explains. She still needs to find a way to sort her pain. Ingram has been a nice distraction, giving herself a little reprieve, but now she has the chance and she doesn’t have to worry about being pestered for a little while now.

The girl stands and stretches a little, offering a bit of a smile, before she turns and leaves him to his devices.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes