Dragoncrest Cliffs i found the rooms between the violence of comets
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Since this is in the communal den site (and a wintry storm, meaning everyone is welcome to come in), anyone can pop in for the drama/gossip ;).

After learning about the information of Arrille and his new connection to Blackfeather Woods, she begins to put things into motion. She’s scouted the borders for any signs of Arrille remaining in Drageda but his scent has been vacant. Briefly, she wonders if @Blixen and Furi know. They’ve been back long enough to notice the absences in their presence, a few to her surprise, but she does not linger. Those that did not remain while they sacrificed their safety are not needed, and those that betray them will get what they’ve got coming to them.

Even though Wildfire does not go into Hougeda, Thuringwethil still spends time there, and she slips out of the opening as she opens up into the clearing. Snow falls from the sky in heavy gusts, the wind blowing hard--even harder with the ocean coming up from the cliffs--and she lifts her nose to howl for @Dio and @Eske. Hoping it is loud enough for them to hear over the winds whipping back and forth, she retreats and returns into the cavern to avoid anymore of the weather. @Tirgatao greets her and she wags her tail, giving her an affectionate return as she waits for the duo to return to her.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
The snow had picked up and the winds packed and wicked bite, taxing his attempt at patrol for all it was worth. His trips out in anything like this (especially while he was still on the mend) were kept short anyway, and as such, he was on his way back to the cave when the call rose up to gladly give him more reasons to head in that way. Since he was still favoring his shoulder quite a bit, he gingerly eased up into a faster trot and it did ache with certain steps, but it was worth it to get out of this weather sooner.

When he pressed past the threshold, the cavern was immediate relief. He shook the excess snow accumulation from his coat before delving in any further, where he lowered and moved slowly to go greet the commander and Tirgatao at once. They were comfortable company for him and now with all this Blackfeather matter set behind them, he was content to share times like these--tending to home, where they always had enough going on to keep them busy. Near the mightily trusted few, at attention, he settled down to groom at his chilly paws now that he was somewhere dry.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
when the commander's call lifts over the howl of the frigid winds that battered at eske's sore albeit healing ( if not slowly ) body she adjusts her course from the borders towards the hougeda. she nurses her limp but stubbornly insists on patrols and her little ...escapades outside of drageda. forcing herself into a comfortable bubble of hardly ever leaving drageda had been a mistake eske realizes, and not one the wanlida is intending to make again. she swallows her reluctance and shrugs inside hougeda, hoping that the storm does not trap them inside for days on end. she doesn't like being trapped and she certainly doesn't like being trapped in a confined space. after a while, the stone walls began to feel like they were pressing in and around her even though she knows they do not move.

her gaze touches tirgatao briefly in acknowledgement of the woman's presence before her attention moves to dio whom appears busy grooming his paws — she offers him a soft chuff of greeting before she moves to heda, offering her commander a lick under her chin in both greeting and submission. with her greetings of the gathered out of the way she finds a place that is close to the mouth of hougeda but not too close that she is troubled by the chill that seeps in and slowly ( definitely slower than she's used to ) she settles into a comfortable, sphinx-like position, biting back the small groan of pain that she feels bubbling in her throat. pain is weakness leaving the body, she reminds herself as she focuses her attention upon her commander then, assuming there is a reason that she and dio were summoned.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She does not expect either of them too quickly between the storm and their recovery still in process. Her paw still aches when she moves but the snow helps numb it if she doesn’t move too much. Everything else is relatively scabbed over, if not still oozing and maybe a little gross, but they will continue to granulate in over time while her bones take much longer.

Dio surprises her by arriving relatively quickly and she assumes he may have been close by. When he drops to the floor, she shares a look with Tirgatao. She doesn’t feel compelled to say anything, or the correct the action, especially as Eske comes in and does something similar but not first without a greeting to her chin. Her nose bobs once and she brushes it off, glancing around the cavern a beat later and deciding it is best to make herself comfortable. It will draw less attention if they appear more relaxed, she decides, and begins to sit down and shuffle to the ground. It also happens to take a tremendous amount of weight off her paw. Tirgatao follows suit after a beat.

“Before the war, I allowed a young wolf--Arrille--to stay but only on the borders that resembled the leader of Blackfeather but I know two other wolves that wore the same pattern. Blixen and Furi,” she pauses only briefly to consider who should carry the real blame but leaves it as it is, “met and invited him to Drageda. I gave him a chance but it turns out I was wrong. Before we arrived to the Woods, he and some woman approached Blackfeather to bring the war here, to the cliffs.” Thuringwethil pauses again, considering her next words and trying one last time to try and remember the woman Etoille described but she still comes up empty handed. “Etoille described her small and white, but her head is black and I do not recall anyone that looks like this,” she explains, the pattern being memorable enough that she’d definitely remember something as interesting as that.

After a moment, she is silent, and Tirgatao clears her throat. “There are no signs of him in Drageda anymore. We’ll need to find out as much about him and this woman we can to know what kind of threat they are.”

As difficult as it had been to admit she’d been wrong taking in Arrille, she had to validate it somehow, but she tightens her jaw before she allows herself to speak. Allowing herself to doubt her instincts on one decision will now make way for an easy future and she shifts a little, looking between them. She decides against covering her part until they find out more, holding on to the hope he’s just a helpless kid through all of this.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
His ears remained angled back, although attention stayed sharp. Nothing current events-wise is bound to be anything he can contribute much towards so listening is his finest role for now. He knows vaguely of the suspiciously new neighbors via his own short trips, and Portia and Dalia have told him a bit about happenings in their absence. Notably, Sirio was consistently absent from everything and Dio quite frankly anticipated and expected the worst from that. But that's relatively benign compared to what else is a whole new twist that the commander outlined before them now.

They're all still on the mend but already, something new. The description didn't mean anything to him either, although he committed it to memory now that he knew all of this. Even Arrille was hardly more than a passing glance. "Never seen her either." he confirmed. "Where did Arrille come from before here?" he asked. Did they know? Even if they did, would it have had anything to do with this new issue? In light of the war preparation beforehand, the yearling had flown well underneath Dio's radar, but still, nothing obvious seemed to point towards answers here anyway.

After Tirgatao voiced her piece, he nodded. He agreed readily. Finding out more and keeping their defenses at their best were just starting points, though and the obvious ones at that.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
going back to this thread; eske's met caiaphas before.

eske didn't know much about arrille — only what furi had deigned to divulge about the young man — but at hearing that he betrayed them to blackfeather woods immediately labels him as kill on sight to the aggressive drakru woman. her hackles bristle at the nape of her neck as she thinks of it, her lip curling at the boy's stupidity. she is pulled out of her seething ire as heda describes the woman he was with. small, white, black head and it stirs something in the wanlida's memory. she perks up, her ears cupping forth to attention to the top of her skull as she looks from her commander to dio and then back. "i don't know much of anything about arrille but i met a woman of that description before. once; a year or so ago, when we still lived at sleeping dragon. i took an impromptu trip to ankyra sound at the time and she claimed it was her beach and inquired about the pack that once lived there. we didn't speak much and our conversation did not extend upon that but i don't think she could be mistaken for another." eske informs them. it'd been so long ago now but eske'd always been observant and always had a knack for remembering faces and conversations ( probably why she's so good at holding those grudges as she does ). "she had introduced herself to me as caiaphas." eske finishes hoping that her information, even as old as it is, can be of some value to the two leaders.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil almost blurts out Moonspear to Dio’s question but she back pedaled a little. “A place called Neverwinter Forest. I think that’s where the safety party stayed during the war. But he’s been to Moonspear before. The two times I ran into their leader never mentioned him so I’m hesitant to believe he’s the threat alone,” she says, turning to Eske as she begins to speak about someone fitting the description. It doesn’t surprise her that she never heard about it, on its own it sounds insignificant. Who knew it would be relevant a year or more into the future? Thuringwethil makes a sound of consideration but finds she doesn’t have anything to add.

“I worry leaving so few wolves behind is the reason the pack next door popped up and if it is Caiaphas, it sounds like she’s the leader. Tighten the borders, be prepared. I do not want to go from one war to the next but if they have ties with Blackfeather, even if they did not participate, it doesn’t mean it’s over. They won’t stop trying because they told her no,” she says, looking to the advisor a few seconds before the other two.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Even with knowing more, Arrille does not seem to connect any major pieces to him. Dio does not see why he is a centerpiece in all of this, somehow, but he is and they need to know what that could mean. On top of that, he isn't soothed by an entire new pack nestling in so close to them either. Them being potentially suspicious, if they're tied to Blackfeather somehow, only makes it worse.

Eske does thankfully bring someone familiar to the table and about this, he listened carefully in an effort to know a potential enemy better. For right now, he had to take whatever he could get. Anything could give them an edge. But the commander was right. "Patrols will increase, especially over their way then." he nodded, and would pass this along to their guardians as soon as he would see them next. Word would spread quickly from there and Drageda would gear up the defense. For this, he was keen to get ready. It was a marked change of pace from the offensive moves against Blackfeather, but one that he had to make.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
eske frowns as the conversation continues, though whether it is the storm that arrille encouraged — a storm that had begun to brew when a pack settled on their doorstep — or simply because it, all of it, is just troubling to her, she isn't sure. she's not just angry at him, though she is certainly angry at arrille make no mistake. she's also angry with the newfound pack in the sound feeling that it was severely inconsiderate to just park on another pack's doorstep while most of them were away at war. eske considers as heda speaks, and prepares to speak after dio affirms that patrols will increase. she considers the situation from a tactitian's point of view and a diplomats; her brief time as fleimkepa comes to the forefront of her mind, then. "i don't want another war," eske speaks up ( hard to imagine those words ever leaving her lips ). "at least not so soon after the first." drageda's fighters were still recovering, after all. "we can't ignore that they live on our doorstep and we shouldn't. perhaps it might be beneficial to speak with their leaders. if diplomacy fails then at least we have something of an idea how their leaders will approach war if it happens." she suggests, glimpsing briefly at dio before her gaze rests upon thuringwethil; from a tactical point of view eske feels that the knowledge both given and observed could come in handy, if nothing else is accomplished.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Sending her wolves from one war to another would be a foolish thing to do. Even herself is still in the last fringes of her healing but on some nights her foot hurts more than she’d care to admit. A little while longer is all she needs—or she hopes she needs—to get back into shape to protect their land and what has been theirs for many moons now without a hint of neighbors settling in. “We will call a meeting soon so we can all talk about this. But we do not go to them until we’re prepared for the alternative,” she tells them. They weren’t going to hobble over to their neighbors and if taken hostility, be at a disadvantage in their own home. Thuringwethil shuffles a little, breaking up the seriousness of the meeting. She’s satisfied with what they’ve come up with.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Dio had no need to rush headlong to another war either, but should their new neighbors prove intolerable enough, they may have no choice. He hoped not, even if the thought of coexisting so snugly set him on edge. They still had a lot to find out before he knew how he would receive all of this as a whole, but just having anyone made of strangers so close bothered the wocha.

He exhaled a small sigh through his nose and nodded; Eske was right. They needed to know their leaders, among all the rest, and they needed to all be keen about this back here at home.. should anything else change suddenly right underneath their noses. As for an upcoming meeting and preparing themselves, he could agree too. It would help him get a good sense of who all they could count on truly, as well. After the war, he was still sometimes struggling to feel less faraway. "Sounds good," Dio murmured as he dipped his head.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
they all seem to be in agreements that another war so soon after the last isn't the best alternative but eske understands and agrees with what the commander says. they shouldn't meet with the leaders of the pack next door until they're ready for war. another war is a very real possibility as much as eske wishes that it wasn't. it wasn't half as glorious as she'd always imagined it to be as a child. it is a lottery of who wins, who lives and who dies. skill always has an upper hand but that doesn't mean an upper hand can't be played against. an upper hand isn't a guaranteed win. she could have lost her fight with the blackfeather man just as easily as she'd won it. it could have been her life taken instead of his. luck and skill, eske realizes, aren't so black and white as she'd once, ignorantly, assumed. pulling herself from her contemplations of war, eske offers the commander a nod of agreement to the talk of a meeting. the wanlida has nothing more to add and favors a contemplative silence.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Satisfied with what they’ve decided, Thuringwethil doesn’t have anything else to add. She looks to Tirgatao for anything else, who shakes her head once, and she shifts a little to sit upright. “I want reports if you see anything,” she says though it is expected. She licks her lips and glances away from them, standing to all for feet and dismisses them to go about their day.
Trigedasleng · Common