Broken Boulder down in new orleans
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 

maybe @Korei Julia ?
she'd not forgotten the words of the healer she'd met shortly after her fight, nor did she intend to let the information merely rot in the back of her mind. when the pack seemed in order, and a particularly nice day came along, the beta made her way north.

this was the first territory she'd come across that was this heavily marked, and the woman paused a moment before tipping back her head and issuing a summoning for an audience. she ought to learn more about their closest neighbours to the north, and perhaps gain some knowledge of the surrounding territories.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei heard the howl. So she moved towards it, as she knew that @Alarian and Lennon would not be feeling too well, and may not feel up to answering the call. So she took it upon herself to do so, as their friend. And once she got there, Korei Julia saw a female wolf there. "Hi! Did you need something?"
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

her call did not go long unanswered, and the petite form of a pale girl, roughly close to her own age, was quick to approach. she gave the girl a once over, and replied after a short stretch of silence.  "my name's Dawn - I'm from a pack south of here, morningside. we recently relocated." introductions complete (at least, on her end) she moved to state her reason for being here.

"I'm an ambassador, and your's is the first pack I've encountered in this region." she knew that there existed a few packs along the coast, this taiga seemed barren, in comparison.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tipped her head one way. Morningside...she'd heard that name before. But...when? She had no idea, so she shrugged it back. Her tail went to wagging behind. "This is Bracken. It's a great place here. A few of us. Like Ali, and Lana, and Lily, and-" She stopped, smiling sheepishly as she realized that they might not want to hear all these names.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian was at the borders when he heard the call, refreshing them dutifully as he felt a bit more lively today. He wasn't certain why. Lennon's apparent absence was weighing heavily on him-- he still thought the man's scent was fresh enough that he was near, but the boy had not seen him in some time.
This should have been soul-crushing. It was, at first. But their thus-far-short relationship seemed to have fizzled already; a firework in the night, leaving his ears ringing and his vision blurry but otherwise no worse for it. Maybe Ali was simply too broken already to feel it much.
Whatever the reason, the boy was cheerful as he came up behind Korei just in time to hear the stranger's last sentence, and the latter's response. He gave her a gentle, half-playful nudge, but his eyes were fixed on the stranger.
Hello. I'm Alarian. He offered when Korei had finished, dipping his head slightly in greeting. It seemed now was finally his chance to use the official title he had given himself. Exciting. I'm the Governor of The Bracken Sanctuary.
The boy's tail swished behind him as he fixed the stranger with an inquisitive but friendly gaze. Unfortunately he had been too late to hear her name or her pack's name, so he waited expectantly for the information, entirely unaware that it had been given already.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

the girl, who did not seem particularly young, struck the ambassador as being childish.  it was not something she found negative, but it interested her, and she was about to probe further when another pack member arrived. "Dawn," she offered, echoing the man's own introduction.  "I'm one of the leaders of Morningside." her gaze drifted once more over the girl before settling on what she assumed to be the highest ranking. 

"we've claimed the plains and the maplewood to the south-west." she included boh territories that the pack had come to call their own, yet to truly control them both, they ought to divide the pack between them both. it was a passing thought that had been at the back of her mind for several days, now, yet she allowed it to pass her by as she considered alarian again. "are you newly settled here?" it was perhaps redundant, seeing as their markings seemed fairly fresh. but she sought to test just how forethcoming they might be; seeing as she was here on no official mission other than to gain information on the taiga.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia heard someone approaching as they reached her from behind, and turned just in time to meet his nudge and she found herself smiling. She kept on smiling to Alarian as he spoke, taking a step back. She stood right by him, her fur meshing with his as she leaned up again him.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Morningside. Excitement took the boy's features, tail wagging faster now.
Morningside? We've met someone from that pack. Aditya. He explained, eyes alight with new warmth. The male had been friendly enough, he thought. And the warning he had given had been appreciated. Did you relocate because of the war?
Alarian gave pause for an answer before he continued, giving her the answers she sought. Yeah, we just got here. We're still settling in.
The boy glanced back towards their territory, where he knew his friends and family were now. His gaze returned to Dawn quickly. It's good to be meeting our neighbors already. We'll respect your claims, of course-- you'll have no trouble from my pack.