Broken Boulder hey! teachers! leave them kids alone!
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
AW for Bracken wolves!

It had been several days since they had arrived at Broken Boulder, and Lily was bored once again. The lovable rag-tag group had withdrawn, one by one, until she saw only a few faces here and there. As someone who came from a very tight-knit family, Lily sorely missed the lack of companionship. The loneliness gnawed at her bones.

Also, she was starving. She had gotten by on luck and gifts from other people, but she had still lost a considerable amount of weight on the journey. Her pelt looked scraggly, and clung awkwardly to her ribs, which were more than visible. Licking her chops, she rose a little unsteadily to her feet, padding out of the den she had claimed.

The early spring light hit her face like a violent blow, and she squeezed her eyes shut, only opening them to narrow slits after a few moments. She hadn't realized how long she'd been in the darkness. With a yawn, Lily trotted into the edge of the Bracken Woods, nose lifted and searching for prey.

You have to keep quiet. If you trudge around like that, every creature for miles will run away!

Her sister's insistent, slightly nagging voice echoed in her mind, and she flattened her ears, not sure if the gesture was meant to block it out or soak it in further. After all, Dottie was a talented hunter, while Lily hadn't really ever caught a thing. She lowered herself, keeping her steps gentle and soft. She caught wind of a rabbit den nearby, and slunk toward it, hoping to catch them off-guard.
between the devil and the deep blue sea
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari

she, too, had grown hungry. being withdrawn and self-pitying had been alright for the first few days, but shortly thereafter she'd been forced to accept the fact that the current hot girls were not going to be interested in her, and she'd merely have to wait for the group to attract that perfect girlfriend in the same way that they'd attracted Lily and Xahi. 

speaking of the former, it was she that the sterling girl scented dimly through the trees as she approached the thick scent of rabbit. they seemed to be converging from somewhat opposite directions, and Lainie risked a soft chuff to alert the other girl of her own presence, pausing briefly when she noticed the flash of dull brown through the trees. the sound seemed not to have disturbed it, and the girl sought the shape of Lily through the trees - perhaps they could work together, somehow.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
so sorry for the wait on this

A gentle sound of greeting floated through the trees, and Lily turned to find Lainie staring at her, looking as if she'd picked up the trail as well. With a polite nod and a smile, Lily beckoned her friend over before growing impatient and moving towards Lainie herself, ears cupped for the sound of rabbits.

"So, erm, I'm not a very good hunter, to be honest," she said in low tones, cheeks flushing with embarrassment. Her gaze wavered, wandering to Lainie's eyes one moment, to the ground the next. It wasn't something an apex predator should admit so openly. . .but if she didn't learn, or at the very least ask for help, she'd starve. "Do you want to help teach me?"

Her nose wrinkled as she took in the scent. "I smell rabbits nearby, but I'm worried I'm not quiet enough to sneak up on them," Lily whispered, gritting her teeth and resisting the urge to wag her tail as she spoke. She was just so loud, and over-the-top. Not like Dottie, whose gray-brown pelt blended into the prairie as if she and the tall grass were one. "Got any tips?"