Ocean's Breath Plateau now you have is time, walking down the slide
i will wait under the tow like lions do
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren

sandpiper proudly hoisted the fruits of her efforts back to stavanger -- only, stavanger was many miles away, and her prize most burdensome. she had come across it just at the cusp of the plateau, an entire deer that had fallen to its death. it was a miraculous find -- she had eaten her fill and dragged its corpse several miles before exhaustion crept in. the girl considered parceling it and caching its body somewhere -- but did not, for she was afraid something would come along and take her lucky find from her.
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
I'm sorry for the wait pls forgive

He had peeled away from Screech to scout the outer territories of the Plateau, for if they were to settle there it had to at least be surrounded by equally acceptable places. Thankfully, it seemed like this was so — except for a single murky bog in the north. Redshank had skirted the marshlands in favour of weaving through a much more pleasant forest, before finally coming upon a vast plain that rose steeply into a barren highland. The cool ocean wind tugged at his unruly fur as he prowled through the tall grass, none too fond of the way it bit into his sensitive skin, before he suddenly spotted a lone figure ahead.

What really caught his attention, though, was what the figure was heaving along.

How exactly she had caught a fully grown deer was a mystery. Redshank paused, sizing her up. She had a small, unimpressive stature but made up for it with a coat of blazing reds and siennas. The fact that he was related to the stranger was lost on the estranged Cairn, and he strode forward with a cocksure smirk. "Impressive," he commented with a flash of teeth, keeping at a reasonable distance but there was no denying the hungry glint in his eye.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
she had paused for a moment to recollect her breath, and it was long enough that somehow, her presence had caught something's attention. immediately defensive of her kill, the cairn girl stepped possessively over the body -- meanwhile, a stiff band of upright hairs formed along her nape, spine and haunch like an erratic grunge-boy's mohawk.

he hadn't threatened her in any way, but sandpiper took no chances -- she had already sized him up: he was somewhat scrawny, dark, and annoying -- her lips lifted to reveal an arsenal of teeth as she replied: "it's mine."
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
She was immediately on the defensive, moving over her kill protectively while studying Redshank with flaring golden eyes. He did the same to her, lowering his head while uttering a soft growl at her claim and her own show of fangs. He didn't care. "Y'not goin' to eat all of it y'self," he said in an almost persuasive tone, taking a slow step forward. His stomach rumbled hungrily, and all the boy could think of was sinking his teeth into the animal's tender flesh.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
sandpiper could see where this was going, and she did not like it. the hackles on her back flared in an iridescent rise of copper and gold, and she lowered her muzzle in turn and delivered a deepthroated peal of thunder in the form of a snarl. he took a step, she took a step -- it didn't matter if she wasn't going to eat it all, she had seen it first.

"no, but my pack will." she returned hotly, feeling her tail rise over her back in a sickle curve. "i won't say it again. it's mine."  she tensed, at the ready -- for he looked like a slavering hound with his infernal gaze set on her meal.
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
They bristled at each other like two alley cats, one with raggedy dark spires forming upon his back while the other's was set alight in a display of vivid reds and oranges. The mention of a pack caused Redshank to back off slightly, however. He should have guessed. While a single stranger with a tempting meal wasn't out of the equation, he was not quite desperate enough to possibly enrage an entire pack. Licking his lips, the boy gave a final, defeated snarl, retracing his steps as he tore his gaze away. Fine, she could have her prize.

His stomach protested, hunger begging him to at least take a chance, but Redshank instead turned tail and fled, hating himself more than the fiery girl if he had to be honest.