Hoshor Plains yesterday's been laid to rest
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Private 
@Sebastian <3
also @Mona for visibility + if you wanna hop in here, but there's no obligation!
The ex-soldier wandered outside the Vale with few intentions for the night. Something unpleasant and wild had taken root in his chest; it writhed and panted like a dying animal, but the death throes had no end. It crossed his mind to seek Mona-- many times, in fact, but Nathaniel pushed it aside each time. He knew well that his moodiness had a strong chance of persisting even in the presence of his firebird. The risk was, he decided, too much.
The night was clear, almost enjoyable if Nathaniel tried to ignore his sour mood. He half-heartedly tracked the scent of a fox, perhaps too faint to be worth anything but it was better than doing nothing. Briefly his thoughts flitted to the King Elk Forest, to Burke's grave. Then to Sebastian.
He would leave soon to find him-- he would gather up his firebird and talk to Delight and surely find his brother soon enough, and then... then, he didn't know. The ex-soldier wasn't sure if Mona was attached to Tindómë or anyone in it, but he wasn't, and he wouldn't mind if they didn't return. But if his firebird wanted to stay... well, they would be staying. That was quickly becoming the way things went, and Nat didn't mind as much as he should have.
Nathaniel paused a moment in his almost mindless trek to survey the surrounding area. It crossed his mind that he had put little thought towards his own family lately. His jaw tightened. Perhaps that was for the better. Cerulean gaze turning towards the black-caped sky, the ex-soldier suddenly regretted not looking for Mona.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was still looking for Andalusia. Now he was just backpaddling without getting too close to Blackfeather. He had found a pluck of her hair and a dead coyote. Though the male couldn't tell what killed him as he was eaten from by several animals. Maybe the dead coyote had nothing to do with Andalusia at all.

Sebastian limped further, wandered further onto the plains. He was pretty sure they hadn't been here. But his thoughts had brought him here. Maybe he should visit his sister Aviana. He still needed to let her know that he was alive after the war, and seeing that it had taken a month to get back from Blackfeather to his home that had not been a good sign.

Sebastian limped further, the gash on his shoulder was hurting hence why he continued on three legs. It was rather exhausting. Perhaps he shouldn't travel all the way to morning side. He stood there doubting if he should return home or not.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
He was pulled from his thoughts abruptly by something he could not identify at first. A swell of urgency rose in his chest, and a beat later he recognized the faint but familiar scent on the breeze. Nathaniel turned, ocean eyes searching for a figure in the distance.
The ex-soldier's breath caught when he found it. Sebastian, his mind whispered, though the night was dark and the silhouette even darker; few wolves forgot the scent of a littermate. He moved quickly to cover the distance, calling out wordlessly to the wolf he was certain was his brother when the space between them measured only a few yards. Anticipation gripped his chest, but even this potential reunion scarcely pierced Nathaniel's stoic facade.
When he got confirmation of his suspicions, perhaps that would be a different story.
i've eaten the sun,

blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
since the move, mona had thrown herself headlong into the duties of strengthening the border and patrolling, and had not allowed herself many thoughts of what had happened between herself and nathaniel. the idea of it made mona rather giddy, until her body clenched with nausea from her frayed nerves. she supposed she had been avoiding him in a small way, with her many trips out of the packland, and her urge to keep to the thicker trees of the vale.
but now she came upon her eagle now, all tense and stark-eyed, his long limbs carrying his heavy body effortlessly toward a darkened figure in the distance. mona trembled from where she watched, wanting to go to him, both for the delight of his company and to accompany him toward the stranger, but she felt overcome with a crippling shyness.
however, the little mayfair took a breath and cantered across the small distance toward nathaniel, her red pelt meshing with his own as she lifted her face to him for a bashful moment, then focused her gaze on the newcomer.
[Image: footer3.png]
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian glanced up when he heard a familiar howl. He stiffened into place and frowned into the darkness. It was getting darker, which meant he should go home. He was still injured and was easier to attack. So when a dark and large shape came towards him Sebastian initial feeling was fear. Though his newly docked tail stopped him from putting his tail between his legs.

The grey male then studied the form that stopped a distance away. He knew that shape! Sebastian squinted his eyes and took a curious step forward. His docked tail rather neutral. Sebastian blue eyes then registered another wolf. He stepped back. Two against one. Maybe it wasn't his brother. He was just imagining things. Sebastian thought for a moment the red girl was a fellow healer called Hemlock but he quickly realized she wasn't.

Sebastian almost felt like he was interrupting their moment, though they seemed to run into him more than he into them. Sebastian hadn't seen his brother in so long, and this wolf smelled different. Sebastian's eyes fell on that male wolf again, those same pale eyes and those dots. "Nate?," he asked with a frown, unsure if it was him. His nose mostly smelling the herbs and infection from his own wound than the scent the wolves had before him.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
As he drew closer, the thick scent of infection filled the air; immediately he was concerned for his brother. No doubts lingered as to the wolf's identity now, but before Nathaniel could call out again he was interrupted.
Mona's dash towards her eagle caught him off-guard. For a moment, he tensed, but her scent registered just as her fur was suddenly mingling with his. A soft sigh escaped him, eyes flitting to her-- he hadn't realized he was holding his breath. Slightly more at ease, his attention turned promptly back to Sebastian.
Not a moment too soon; Nat heard his name and drew closer with a gesture for Mona to follow, ears perking. Sebastian.
He paused a couple beats, assessing his brother.
You look like shit.
i've eaten the sun,

blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
feel free to skip me unless she's being addressed :D

the bittersweet scent of half-healing flesh worried mona. she looked to nathaniel then, but his azure stare was trained on this man. sebastian. and mona saw quickly the resemblance between the pair of them. brothers, maybe. she wanted to smile then, delighted at their meeting, but the moment did not call for such things. feeling rather mature, mona kept silent, her murkwater eyes traveling between the two larger creatures.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked rather surprised when the wolf before him was his brother. He hadn't seen him in so long! The grey tank glanced over his brother but his face fell into a frown when his brother's direct comment reached his ears. His life hadn't been easy lately. "Yeah, well my life hasn't been so great lately," he stared grimly and then turned a bit to show his docked tail with an annoyed expression. Nathaniel knew how much Sebastian disliked his dad when he left to go find him. The wound on his tail was still fresh.

"But what about you? What are you doing here? And who are you traveling with?," he asked, pointing out the girl. "Hi, I'm Sebastian. Nate's brother," Sebastian spoke politely. He couldn't just ignore the girl.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
so sorry for the wait on this!
let me know if anything in here affects your timeline too much and I'll remove it <3
Nathaniel resisted the urge to snort when he saw his brother's tail— or, lack of tail. He grimaced. Perhaps it would have been an unkind reaction, but he felt if anyone would understand it would be Sebastian. The former soldier sighed at his brother's comment, offering a mutter of: Yeah. I get that.
Of course Sebastian started right in with the questioning. Nat paused a few beats, trying to decide where to start. This is Mona. Oh, okay, that was where he was starting. He gestured to his firebird, only slightly masking the affection in his gaze as he looked at her. Then he turned his attention back to his littermate. I found Burke during his final weeks. I joined his pack— Tindómë, led by Delight; he's dead now, and I followed the pack when they relocated nearby.
He paused. So, what happened to you?
i've eaten the sun,

blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
mona had noticed sebastian's lack of a tail belatedly; she was mulling over how one might get along in the world without a banner when the gruff voice of the semi-stranger addressed her. nathaniel answered; the lips that had parted to answer his brother found a small smile. "it's a pleasure, sir," the girl offered before her eagle had turned to other things.
as usual, the soldierly creature was succinct, his cool tones masking what mona knew to be pain. resisting the sudden desire to place her paw alongside his, the mayfair was silent, her murkwater eyes musing o'er sebastian and how he might respond.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
no worries!! And you post is fine!

Sebastian smiled when hearing about Mona. He didn't know that his brother lost his former mate to Sebastian it felt as his brother had finally opened his heart to someone. He was glad it was this female. He smiled at her, then again Sebastian was usually a bit warmer in personality compared to his brother.

However then he heard that Nate was with Burke in his final weeks. Burke... Died? Sebastian should have felt loss but didn't. He was glad his father was finally at peace. His father and he always had a troubled relationship. "Oh. I always felt he would live forever to tell me what I wa doing wrong in my life. I guess he was getting old. Are you okay with it?," he wondered. He didn't know how close Nate and his father had been.

"I fought in a war while I am not a fighter, as you know. I did it out of loyalty. I lost my tail, ironically, and got this gash. Luckily I am better than before. Though, I am not sure if I will be able to walk without a limp. Now I was trying to travel to Aviana, she is in the Morningside pack. I don't want her too worry for too long about me." He then glanced at Mona. "Our father had a docked tail and I rather look like him, now even more so. Aviana is our other litter mate," he quickly explained to her.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
He watched his brother's expression carefully, half-wondering if he should take his own cues from it. Nathaniel still didn't quite know how he felt about his father's passing— a year ago, he wouldn't have cared at all. Now, though? It felt unfair. Nathaniel was silent for several moments before he decided on an answer, pressing closer to Mona without realizing it. Life goes on.
The former soldier was attentive as Sebastian recounted the recent events of his life. At the mention of Aviana, his ears perked. Aviana is here? His tone was more hopeful than he had intended. A beat later, he added: Of course I found Burke first. Again, his voice betrayed him; bitterness lurked heavily under his words. Nathaniel paused again, contemplating the rest of what his littermate had said.
It was perhaps most surprising to Nathaniel himself when he parted from Mona's side, moving forward to touch Sebastian's shoulder with his nose. He was stiff, awkward even with their familial bond— but sincere. You're not a fighter, but you're a survivor. I'm glad you made it through. Nathaniel told him quietly; after a few beats, he pulled away abruptly. Something ached fiercely in his chest now. He hated it. His next words, flat and detached, accompanied his retreat back to his firebird's side. Where is Morningside? He paused, wondering if he should offer to accompany his brother; his gaze drifted to Mona, then. Perhaps it was cold of him, but— Sebastian was a man grown. Nathaniel's firebird, on the other hand, was far more delicate. And prettier, but he was pretending that didn't factor in. Still... Will you be alright?
i've eaten the sun,

blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
unused to being a mere ornamentation, mona focused on the series of smiles sebastian granted her; they warmed the girl beneath her scarlet pelt. perhaps it was nathaniel's own features mirrored back more affably, perhaps it was merely that he was a man, mona did not know. however, beneath it, her small red muzzle arched proudly.
aviana — no time to ask who she was to the both of them. and it seemed nathaniel — the girl watched as her falcon reached stiffly to his brother — did not intend to accompany the scarred brute to morningside. she had told nathaniel little of her escapade there — the young druid-child was silent again, murkwater gaze moving between the pair of brothers.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded. Life did go on. It was not as easy said than done but Sebastian was never a quitter. Sebastian nodded once more. "Aviana is here," he confirmed verbally. Sebastian glanced at his brother as he stepped closer. Perhaps a bit warily. He hadn't seen the male in a long time. They were brothers, they had been close once. But after Sebastian left he wasn't sure how close they still were. He recognized the bitterness in his brother. He carried that once himself, towards Burke, now after the war he had felt that bitterness again. It was part of him when life went against him.

Sebastian nudged his brother back. It was good to know that Nate was here and that he had Mona to take care of him. She was rather quiet but perhaps that was what Nate would go for, a woman that didn't talk too much. "Blacktailed Deer Plateau," he spoke. 'To the west, on the mountain range," he explained. Sebastian nodded. "I managed all these years without my big brother. Don't worry, Nate. It was good to see you," he spoke. He never expected his brother to come with him. "Where can I find you these days?," he questioned before he would leave. He would like to see Nate again.
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the brothers spoke on; mona eventually settled at nathaniel's side, and was pleased when at last their talk came to an end. sebastian held her fondness, but she was young, and bored easily by discussion of things she had not yet experienced.