The Floodlands Flood
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
All Welcome 
A thread for Feyre and @Greeneyes, also bringing her closer to Rosings :)

The water flowing freely through Feyre's paws had once been encased in its icy form. With the heat of the sun, Spring's desperate attempt at reclaiming the floodlands had nearly overtaken the thick ice of winter. Silverline droplets froze on the ends of her flaxen fur, indicating the nightfall that was soon to come. Once again the earth would become bitterly cold, at least until the sun decided to grace them with its presence in the dawn. The evening sun was waning in the cerulean sky, the night's stars kissing the opposite horizion. A steady wind blew from behind her, caressing her frozen pelt. It carried the faint scent of freshly spilled blood, causing Feyre's head to swivel towards the inviting smell. Foam appeared at her maw, her gold-flecked optics widening in suprise. Perhaps the down wind had kept her from finding it earlier.

Steady paws retraced their steps, Feyre's snout tilting into the brisk force pushing against her. The scent became stronger and her warm mitts hastened. A dash of crimson in the sea of white caught her amber eyes. A low growl of pleasure escaped her maw before she leapt forwards, snatching up the hare's lukewarm carcass and cradling it in her jowls. A glimmer of happiness flooded through her as she carried under the shelter of a dark tree.

A free meal was always a welcome sight in her eyes.

Mercenary: 5/5
7 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
She was only gone for a few moments, trying to pile a cache for herself until she could find a more permanent home. For a moment she placed the two ivory hares on the ground at her pale paws, shaking her coat from her dark nose to the white tip of her tail. This sent glittering drops of chilled whater and diamond dust from the ice crystals that had formed on her thick fur. A sigh came then when she resumed her task, picking up the rabbits before allowing a skip in her step as she moved closer to the one she left by a den opening she had claimed.

Dark nostrils flaired when another's scent seemed to invade her senses, so close! Her tail began to wag as she closed in on their scent l, only to hear a growl of pleasure and the sound of paws pouncing in the still snowy ground. Ah, thry had found her extra rabbit. Lucky for the ivory girl, Greeneyes did not mind this. Afterall, she had left it in the open. A soft chuckle resonaded in her chest as she closed in on the stranger, placing her other two hares at her feet. 

"I guess its a good thing I have two more," she continued to laugh. Good thing in deed.
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
A melodious voice chirped to her in humorous greeting. Feyre paused, a snarl painted upon her crimson maw. A low rumble tore from her chest, a silent warning.

Part of her knew she was in the wrong, yet that savage, feral side of her needed the nutrients from this kill. 

The fae paused, amber optics flicking to the emerald eyed femme. “Three rabbits...at the end of winter?” Doubt laced her tone. In such harsh landscape, how could one find more than one of anything? Feyre’s brow quirked in interest at the fae, her eyes assessing the bloodied bones of the creature that was no more. 

Like the pale wraith she appeared to be, the fae stood. “Prove it.”

7 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
She almost giggled at the woman's silent warning, her snarl and growl only received a smile and a rather happy wag of a white tipped tail. She was not angry with the woman for taking the larger rabbit of her stash, after all, she had left it there. Instead she listened to the doubt in her voice about how she caught three rabbita at the end of this harsh winter, yes, it was rare but if one were to look at the bunnies at her feet they would know they had not seen a year yet. It was a cruel world and a wolf had to eat so when even baby bunnies were available, she took advantage. 

whem she told her to prove it, now that earned a laugh. Goodness, she wasnt going to take the rabbit from her, why was she being so.. suspicious?

"I can show you the burrow I flushed them out from but I fear the mother has taken the rest of her children to another location," she rolled her green eyes as she smiled at the woman. "i am prrtty sure that is the father." She pointed to the ivory hair that the stranger had before continuing, "you know.. I am not going to take it from you, you found it so it's yours."  She tried to reasure her, after all, she was a rather friendly girl.
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Feyre had grown up around cutthroat family members, she had spent harsh winters alone, and she had even fought to prove that she was strong enough to be in a pack. The only naive piece of her left had been her heart, and that problem was washed away when he disappeared. The simpering young dove before her would have delighted Feyre as a child, but after spending so many months with little to no socialization, such friendliness was suspicious at best.

The femme stirred on callused paws that had once been as delicate as rosepetals. How could someone so naive, so unprotected survive out here? Feyre thought back on how she must have seemed when she first sauntered through the Wilds, and fought back a laugh. Or perhaps I'm wrong.

Feyre settled her plume around herself, her ginger eyes training on the pallid young lady. "Alright darling, then I suppose you wouldn't mind if I took another?" The cant of her cranium was less preditory, and her eyes reflected the girl's own innocence. Feyre hoped that the young woman would read into her true intentions, otherwise it would seem to Feyre that the other the girl would be dead come the following winter. Especially without a pack to defend her from the darker sort who roamed the far reaches of the Teekon. Feyre had been nearly identical, and perhaps she would be different within the safety of a pack, but she had learned to adapt to rely on herself until then.

7 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Caring was sharing but that did bit mean she was naive to the games others might try to play. Sure, she was childish and had a rather happy go lucky type of personality but this did not mean that she was going to juat give someone all her food.  The family she grew up with was a very tight knit,  she had seventeen brothers and sisters, they sometimes climbed trees just because they couod. Food wasn't an issue, protection was not something to worry about but thats how things ran until her parents died. 

The monochrome woman tilted her head in both curiousity and confusuin before laughing off her words,  was this some kind of test? What a strange girl.

"Hey now, just because I was generous does not meam you get to be greedy." she spoke as friendly as possible as she looked at the woman with a curiois expression, "I messed up and left that rabbit in the open. As a result it became yours, seeing how you found it." Greeneyes explained, finder's keepers,  right?
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
It was clear that her question had insulted the femme, and yet even the lady defended what was hers with a more gentle approach. Feyre brushed past the fae's final words, a glimmer of distaste growing in the back of her jowls. Her plumage flickered once, the only outwards sign of her dislike. The other woman spoke to her as if she did not understand how finding a carcass in the blistering cold worked. Feyre's gold-flecked optics narrowed ever so slightly. Perhaps she had not spoken to many in this territory, perhaps she had yet to fight over a kill. The thought encouraged Feyre to let the matter go.

Feyre's head released its tilted position, opting for semetry instead. Her ivory pelt glimmered in the sun, stark against the crimson stain flowing down her maw. "Why of course, I was simply... checking on something." Her head bobbed slightly, a slow grin overtaking her visage. "What brought you here?" A pause. "Apologies, your name?" The fae backtracked with her inquery.

7 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
The game the ivory girl was playing was not clear to the green eyed woman, her tail flickered as if to tell her something but she ignored it. Whatever her problem was she did not care right now, she was simply being nice and allowing the woman to keep the rabbit she caught. And what was wrong with that? Nothing, absolutely nothing, so she did not understand the problem or annoyance this woman seemed to display very lightly. As she then clearly lied about checking on something, Greeneyes rolled her eyes at her words. Whatever you say. She began to watch most of her movements, noticing that slight moves were a sign of her mood or maybe she was reading into this too much?

Her name was asked as a smile seemed to come from nowhere, oh, well her mother had doomed her there. Every time she gave her name to someone outside of her family.. well, hilarity ensued. Some laughed, some told her she was lying, others, well, they teased her. Here goes nothing! "Greeneyes, yours?" She just spit it out before asking for the same thing then continued on to why she was here, "I am looking for my siblings. I know they are around here, I just not have found them yet. Perhaps you might know them.." She spoke, almost to her self with the last bit, asking couldn't hurt.
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Changing each of my characters' formatting XD

Mist shimmered around the pair, escaping from the heated terra and into the brisk night air. Feyre's breath curled into whisps before fading away. The scene would be beautiful to an onlooker, were it not for the glinting of ivories poised in a snarl.

A low rumble tore through the fae's ribcage, arcing out from between those exposed canines. "Did you just roll your eyes at me?" Feyre glowered at the grayscale wolf, ignoring both of her inquiries.

The dame's haunches rose up behind her, the plume of her tail rising as she watched the other fae ramble on. It had been a while since her last fight, but her muscles still shivered with bottled up strength. "You must be very new to being alone. Leaving your kills alone, rolling your eyes at mercenaries..." She trailed off, allowing the last piece to sink in. Perhaps the other fae would apologize, perhaps she would simply walk off, or maybe she would challenge her. Any of them would do for Feyre, as long as this conversation ended efficiently. Boredom was a side effect of spending all of her time alone, and sometimes there was only so much one could handle of another's presence.