The Sunspire On a hillside, desolate
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
All Welcome 

Nara was patrolling the north-eastern border. After the events with Redshank, she deemed it necessary to help out with the watch. Even though the matter seemed to be resolved, it was a good idea to intercept any and all intruders before they barreled into the territory like Redshank had done. 

Up until now, the patrol had been rather uneventful and was getting quite tedious. Slowing down, Nara hoped someone also on patrol would catch up with her.

Then a giant boulder caught her attention. It wasn't mossy and dull like the others, but grey and interlaced with bright red stripes. The ground around it was muddy, and that gave her an idea. She dipped one paw in the mud, sat on her hind-legs and carefully placed the paw on the part of the rock facing towards the border, leaving an imprint behind. Indeed, it was an unconventional way of marking one's territory, but it would get the point across. But more importantly, it looked pretty.
❤ how to be a heartbreaker ❤
132 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

news of the scuffle at the border had traveled fast but largely did not stick between witchbaby's bright red ears -- chalking it up to wolf stuff the coygirl remained peacefully oblivious to the events of the day. the most pressing thing about it is that she missed something exciting and it is that which drives her to visit the borders, deciding she'll decide when she gets there if she feels like doing a sweep of the mountain she hasn't checked out yet.

spotting the figure of the stranger-girl her paws pick up pace, prancing closer as she announces herself with a boisterous chuff"whatcha doin?" witchbaby asks, following the mud-marked movement but not understand it's purpose (even though she's right, it does look pretty).
can't risk losing in love again babe
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

While Nara had been busy with the marking, another wolf had approached and announced herself. Oh, just marking the borders, I guess Nara responded, looking at her creation proudly. Then gravity ruined everything when streaks of water and mud started to run down. Now it looked more like someone had smashed his head against the rock in a fit of rage than like a carefully placed pawprint. Oh, well… she sighed quietly.

Nara had seen the slender, fire-kissed wolf before at the Sunspire, but she couldn't quite remember her name. I don't think we have properly met - I'm Nara she said. Are you doing an extra patrol too? she asked curiously. Nara didn't have that many contacts on the mountain who kept her up to date with the latest events and maybe this flame-colored woman would know more about the whole Redshank incident.

❤ how to be a heartbreaker ❤
132 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

she giggles, watching the mud drip down the stone. "still pretty," the coygirl assures the white-furred artist, her lips twisted in a sweetly amused smile. nara, she introduces, and wb dips with a flourished bow, always pleased to make the acquantice of a pretty lady. "witchbaby," witchbaby returns, "an' -- haha, nah, i ain't patrollin'." does she look like the type? she's content to float day to day with nothing to ground her. "you the secretly strong an' tough type, ay?"
can't risk losing in love again babe
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

Witchbaby, what an unusual name, Nara mused. She was an unusual wolf all together actually, with her bright fur and pink eyes and she had spoken with an accent that Nara had never heard before.

Eh, not really… she said with a bashful smile. Nara was too small and feeble to fight properly. She could run fast, though, but what good would that do? I was planning on just calling for someone when things went awry she said. But another pair of eyes and ears out here is never a bad thing, right.