Hushed Willows Faust Arp
11 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Private 
@Aviana

A soft, silent dusting of snow fell, flakes drifting lazily through the bent willow boughs before touching the earth gently, dusting it with a fresh coat of perfect white. Only a soft, silky breeze fingered its way through the willows, hissing a soft, sombre whisper punctuated by the gentle tapping of branches, like a child’s curious fingers tentatively tapping at typewriter keys for the first time. The morning was calm and cool, grey and overcast, much dimmer than it ought to have been.

It was perfect for the sullen male who sauntered through the willows without a sound, long white tresses of fur hanging from his skeletal form and moving with the wind same as the willow’s branches. He pressed his side against the sturdy trunk of a fairly protective tree, full of branches which longed for leaves, and sat down to wait. He kept his side and shoulder pressed against the trunk and slowly closed his pale grey eyes; all but disappearing into the eerie calm of the morning.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana had snuck off the plains and into the neighboring forest. But, not the one currently occupied by some of her packmates. She didn't want to disrespect Grayday, and his choice of their new home, but she desperately needed a spot to hide for a bit, without being cooped up in a hole in the ground. Not that she wasn't grateful for her new den, either. But, habits were hard to break.

She had found this spot a couple hours earlier, hidden under a fallen tree. She had to dig a bit, but it suited her for a nice nap. The familiar noises of the forest lulled her into sleep. She didn't hear the male approach, and stop at a standing tree adjacent to her current hiding spot. But, her instincts did tell her something was amiss. Her eyes fluttered open, and aside from her breathing, was the only thing on her body that moved. Her gaze landed on the male, and watched as he closed his own eyes, his body held up by the tree.

She thought about going back to sleep, figuring he might never know she was there if she didn't stir. But, the sun told her she'd probably been away for long enough, and she should start heading back to the plains. She lifted her head slightly, enough to give a chuff and wake the male. Depending on his reaction, she might come right out, or she might not reveal herself at all, if he was angry.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
11 Posts
Ooc — Jess
How he’d managed to miss the sight of the female was beyond him- but at her chuff he did not stir or open his eyes; at least, not enough for her to see them. Through the slightest crack in his eyelids he  craned his vision to the side to see her, hunkered down not far from him. He was impressed; not many wolves could get that close to him without him noticing- even if they’d been asleep.

Slowly, though, he opened his eyes, irises glinting stark white in the pale morning light, and turned his long muzzle toward her to see who he was dealing with. She was pretty- not quite what Sheol was immediately attracted to as he tended to prefer thise with coats as white as his, but still pretty enough. There was a sheepish look about her so he assumed in the very least that she was as surprised to see him there as he was to see her. He nodded his head to her and blinked slowly, like an owl might. In a voice sweet  and polite- one adopted from a very gentlemanly stranger he’d once met, he greeted her.

”Good morning, my dear,” He purred. ”I hope I’m not intruding on your beauty sleep...I didn’t see you there.” Far from the truth- Sheol didn’t care...But if this female had surprised him once, perhaps he could give her some of his time...And see who he was truly dealing with.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His voice was instantly relaxing, and her fear of him possibly being angry absolved with his apology. Not at all, she responded in kind. I just didn't want to startle you, she confessed. He sure didn't look startled, for which she was glad. Feeling safe enough, she scurried out of her hiding spot, and shook her fur free of the dirt she had been laying in. 

She sat back on her haunches, and flashed him a gentle smile. My name is Aviana, she introduced. I'm from Morningside, she added. She waited to see if he would offer up some information on himself. She was able to get a good look at him, and his silky white coat. She thought he was handsome, but she also thought she did have a chance, so she didn't attempt to flirt. Truth be told, Aviana felt like the chance of finding a suitable mate at her age was slim to none. Most males by now would have found their life partner. Because of her history, she had been too scared to even be around a male, let alone pursue a relationship. Now that she was ready, they all seemed either too young, or taken.
11 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The agouti female didn’t seem offended whatsoever by his company, which was good; he’d already made a decent impression. She had that naive, friendly look about her-  a harmlessness that he found whetted his apetite greatly. Though he enjoyed a challenge, he could just as easily enjoy taking whatever he could from her- and he was  sure he could mould her into the most pleasing, subservient form possible.

She’d been hiding in a bed of dirt, and he smiled softly as she shook the dust from her pelt- though on the inside, he was repulsed. Personal hygene was extremely close to Sheol’s heart. He wanted nothing more than to keep distance between himself and this creature which had chosen to sleep in a dirt bath- but he could temper that feeling well enough, for now. 

Once she’d finished shaking, Sheol stood up to his full height and took a few steps toward her, sitting down exactly when she did. She introduced herself and he turned his ears back in deference and bowed his head to her. ”It is my pleasure to meet you, Miss Aviana,” He said, lifting his gaze to see if she corrected him for assuming she was a Miss, not a Mrs. She named a pack and he became even more interested. Whatever information he could get from her would do. 

”Ulysses Everett, at your service. I’m afraid, though, that I don’t presently belong to a pack...” He said, trailing off with just a tinge of sadness. He collected himself. ”What could you tell me about your home in Morningside? It sounds..Very lovely,” He asked, a hopeful tone to his voice.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana wasn't one to meet perfection. She had no problem finding a mud puddle and rolling around in it. She didn't get the impression from the male that she was offending him, as he hid it well. Her breathe froze as he stood to come nearer, the fear from her past making a brief scene in the present. But, as he sat back on her haunches, and so did she, the fear left as she expelled the held air.

She relaxed when he bowed before her, and she didn't correct the Miss, since it was correct. The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Ulysses, she responded with a smile and a dip of her head. When he asked about Morningside, her eyes lit up with happiness, as she loved talking about them. Oh, Morningside is amazing, she began. Grayday took me in, even when I gave no guarantees on how long I could stay. They're very accepting, and a great group of wolves, she went on. I'm sure Grayday would consider allowing you in, she added, wondering if he would want to.
11 Posts
Ooc — Jess
There it was; just a bit of insecurity. How he would have loved to push her, and see how much she would tolerate before breaking...He considered it for a moment. It seemed as though his mere proximity had acted as a trigger for just a moment, as she hadn’t known how close he would get...He kept this in mind, and decided not just yet...Earn her trust first, he thought. The more trust he built, the more he had to play with.

She certainly did brighten up, though, when she spoke of her pack. It was almost a blissful experience for her, telling her about someone by the name of Grayday, who was obviously held in high regard...Likely the alpha, but male or female, he could not quite discern. He was sure, though, that she’d tell him. He listened well, his gaze calm and easy, the small smile on his lips proclaiming no devil- and it was only when she mentioned the possibility of him joining the pack that it faltered slightly.

All a part of Ulysses’ story, though.

”Please...Just Ulysses, I insist,” There- make her feel comfortable, almost like a friend. Reel her in. ”Your pack sounds wonderful,” He said, ”As does Grayday.” He said, his voice trailing off slightly. He hesitated, and lowered his muzzle slightly, the shine fading from his eyes. ”I’m...I’m not sure I’m ready to join a pack just yet...I only recently left my own,” He finished, almost wistfully. His jaw tightened a bit. Too much? He wondered...He’d have to see if she took the bait.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Who knew if Aviana would have ran if he pushed? Thankfully for her, he didn't, and because of that, earned a bit of her trust. Aviana didn't know if she would ever really be rid of her past, but she was getting better at not letting it control the future. Her smile was genuine as she nodded her head in compliance with his request. Ulysses, she repeated softly.

He is, she agreed. He's a great leader, really takes his pack into consideration. Aviana looked up to him with much respect, even if others might have questioned his ability to lead with his failing eyesight. Aviana gave him an empathic look. I understand, she replied. Why did you leave your previous pack? she asked. She hoped he didn't think her nosy, but she was curious.
11 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Hmm. Grayday was a male, one she clearly idolized; and she made him out to be the typical, perfect alpha male...Considerate, easy to respect, and caring toward his subordinates. How sweet. To say he was not exactly the sort of wolf Sheol took seriously or respected was an understatement- still, Ulysses could appreciate those qualities, and admire him based on what she said. ”He sounds like my kind of alpha.” He said.

And then she took the bait- hook, line and sinker. Sheol’s shoulders tightened for a moment, as though he was unsure whether or not to divulge the information, but when she assured him he didn’t have to speak, he shook his head and relaxed slightly. ”That’s alright. My brother,” He began, and paused, before he exhaled again. ”My brother Delmar usurped the throne from our father. He was getting old, yes, and as the older brother, Delmar should have been chosen as heir...But my father chose me instead. It pushed Delmar to the brink; I would have abdicated had I been given the chance, if it would have spared our father, but...” And he shrugged- a motion that Sheol loathed, as much as he loathed indecisiveness, but it worked for that scenario. ”I don’t ever want to be responsible for that again.”
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled when he agreed with her about Grayday. It seems like they were on the right track so far, but Aviana didn't want to push him to join if he wasn't comfortable yet. After all, she knew what it was like to be cautious, and she would not have liked anyone trying to push her into doing something she didn't want to do.

Aviana clearly saw him tense at her question, and a look of worry quickly crossed her features. I'm so sorry, that was obviously too personal. You don't have to answer that, she said, concern laced in her voice. She should have known that was a question better left to someone he was more comfortable with, not someone he had just met. Surprisingly, though, he told her the story. Her eyes grew wide as she listened, not understanding how someone could do that to their family. That's awful, she replied. It wasn't your fault, she said, which she fully believed. It didn't sound like Ulysses had done anything to warrant the actions from his brother. It's your brothers fault for not simply talking to you, she went on. I am sorry, about your Dad, she added.
11 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She sympathized with him, and he finally lifted his gaze to meet hers, appreciative for her support. Truth be told, Sheol had met a wolf named Ulysses, whose voice he’d stolen- but the story was something he’d concocted all on his own...Simply because it fit the character and the voice- and it was the perfect way to win over those who wore their hearts on their sleeves.

”Thank you, Aviana. You’re too kind.” He said, and reached out to brush his muzzle against her cheek, with the gentlest touch. He paused for a moment- now was the time to test the waters. ”Would it be alright with you if I were to call upon you, at Morningside? I’m...Not quite ready to join a pack, but would like to meet Grayday, and of course, to see you again.”
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She sucked in a breath and held it as his muzzle reached out to her. Her mind raced, but mostly she just reminded herself that not all males were out to harm her. Ulysses had been so kind, and had not given her any indication that he was going to force himself on her. She may not have been relaxed, but she did accept his touch, light as it was. 

She let out a nervous laugh as she processed his question. He wanted to call on her? Yeah, uh, she stumbled. Yeah, sure, that would be great, she finally got out. She couldn't remember the last time a male had sought her out-had there ever been one? She had gitters, but she found that they weren't the ones that made her wanted to flee. Still, she felt awkward, and she wasn't sure how to douse that. Well, um, I think I should... probably be getting back, but... I look forward to seeing you again, she said honestly. 

With a shy smile, she began to make her way back home, but not without looking back at him first. She didn't know what it was about him, but he made her feel hopeful that she might actually find love. It was a feeling she had never felt romantically before, but at least now she had an optimistic view on it.