Bearclaw Valley it don't matter if the cold wind blows
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
she had caught wind of @Tadec - his scent freshly laid across the borders. at first her hackles rifled in alarm that he would be so brazen as to infiltrate her home -- but as she snuffed her muzzle in the snow, the scent of xan and others interlaid across the dimpled snowpack. content then perhaps he had sought entry before trespass, the redleaf wolf lifted back her thin muzzle and issued call for him. her voice lifted past the snowstudded copse and well into the shivering timbers of the valley -- with ears cupped she listened as the last of her song faded in soft echoes, replaced by nothing but the light play of the wind.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
all the world will be your enemy
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The length of his ears swiveled atop his crown, and the crow turned his slender muzzle in the direction of her call. The voice was familiar and caused his quivering limbs to ease their shaking. His mouth parted, and he responded with a few yips that echoed across the terrain, seemingly carried by the wind. Tadec began to trek toward her with a spry step, covering much of the land with the length of his legs. When he caught sight of the fiery hues of her pelt, a smile curled his pointed features and the moonlighter closed the distance between them with light steps. “Indra,” he breathed a greeting, dipping his head low to her and tucking his twitching tail near to his hocks. Then, with a wiggling body, he moved to nudge beneath her chin to show that he was pleased to see her.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
when the punctuated yips of his voice rekindled the wild with their sound indra strode towards the source, letting up only as his dark shape came into view. in strident steps she pulled herself towards him, both confusion and concern wrought across his muzzle -- how had he come here -- who had let him in -- these thoughts clustered her mind and showed visibly in the worry that fretted her muzzle.

he looked hale enough; no markings marred his visage nor did any pain sequester in the bronze of his gaze. she lifted her chin as he greeted her, standing still as he wriggled -- it was assuring to be greeted this way, and her posture loosened significantly as she drew a deep breath and stepped back, regarding his slim form. "how'd you get here?"
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
She regarded him with a worrisome expression and he recoiled in fear that he had done something wrong. Tail held close to his rear, the coywolf watched her for a reaction. It was a question that fell and he peered upon her features with an intense and questioning expression. The inquiry was one that he had felt as obvious and so his head canted to the left and he frowned in a way to show how perplexed he was. 

”Tadec walked,” he murmured with a voice laced in uncertainty. 
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
L M A O "tadec walked" .... go away rofl!!! wait no dont take that literally i take it back

after a thorough examination of her slab-sided companion, indra was content his arrival in bearclaw was legitimate. he carried faintly the scent of xan on him, and that was enough to quell any fear she had that he had trespassed. she nearly snorted at his response, though the obvious confusion on his muzzle merited a pause. she shifted, hiding the humor that painted her muzzle.

she thought about quipping back, but was not sure how well it would be received -- would he think her snarky? she decided to go for it anyway, and she looked in the direction of the borders and then back to him and delivered a deadpan question: "you mean you didn't fly in?"
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The moonlighter followed her features as she caught his response. There was a moment of silence, in which he found himself with a tight-lipped smile awkwardly lining his sharp features. Of course, he would never have realized that his response was too literal to be offered. 

Then, she quipped another question that left him standing baffled. The long-limbed beast canted his head to the right - a complete toss from one end to the other - and turned to examine himself. There was nothing he possessed that would allow such a capability. Turning back to her after a few half circles, Tadec shook his head. “No, Indra... Tadec cannot fly,” he whispered. Then, glancing at her with wide eyes. “Indra can fly?”
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she watched, bemused, as he glanced from one side of his flank to the other -- his eyes wide as if some newborn babe, witnessing some fascinating thing for the first time. she remained still for a moment and then bent into a playful bow, her expression impish as she spoke. "nah." she sighed, as if admitting defeat -- only suddenly her gaze lit up and she looked at him pointedly: "unless fly means run, super fast." she didn't wait for a response -- instead, she tore for the woods like a drunken sailor heading towards an open bar with rum -- all headlong and reckless, with snow flung out underfoot.
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Before he even had the chance to comprehend what she had said, Tadec watched Indra rip from her place and dart toward the wood. His limbs reacted without his permission and he lunged after her. The thief’s heart beat wildly in his chest and his tongue lolled from his gaping jaw. His speed caused the coywolf to grunt softly with each stretch of his legs. The adrenaline of his pursuit caused him to lose footing and before he was able to find it, he tumbled into thin snow and frigid earth. His legs were tossed upward crookedly and he wheezed through weary lungs. 
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
bedtime 4 me. happy easter u soggy tortilla <3

as indra wildly scampered she cast a glance behind her, ensuring he had not been left in the literal woods by her sudden maneuver. tadec gave chase and admittedly, it was a valiant effort -- until he pulled a blondine and face-planted with the spectacular grace of a log. she wheeled around and plonked over to him in sprighty steps, her head tilted as she assessed his condition. he didn't look too hurt -- maybe his pride -- but it wasn't enough to draw a concerned croon from her muzzle. instead she issued a series of fluttering blinks, and peered over him with a smirk: "walk much?"
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The red woman turned and trotted toward him with a smirk that curled her features. The sly little thief peered up at her through pools of bronze before he rolled himself into an upright position and shook his pelt free of hanging fragments. The snow had sloshed against his dark coat, causing it to stand in strange places. A smile still adorned his thin features, and Tadec lowered his torso to the earth with a stretching yawn. “Walk much, yes,” he informed her. “Indra is fast,” the wiry hound then added in an earnest tone.
all the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand Enemies. 
and when they catch you, they will kill you. but first they must catch you; 
digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. 
be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
it appeared the unplanned tumble had not dampened tadec's spirits - at least not in a measurable way. indra cast a quick glance behind her as she heard him reply -- presently, his thin frame was elongated in a limber stretch. he was still smiling; seeing this caused indra's own expression to subconsciously lift.

"i'm fast until i trip on things." she quipped, her head dipped in playful manner as she watched him, almost intently.
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The aphotic beast had found that his collection of fleeting moments of happiness were those that lasted the longest. It was rare that he would stumble into a lengthy time where he felt true elation; his short jaunts with Indra had been some of those few. Fearful to let them slip, the thief was eager to provide her a form of companionship that did not wane in toilsome times. Tadec believed that she was worth a great deal more than she seemed to have, but he lacked what was required to provide such things. Equipped only with his keen sense of survival and his belief, the crow had painted a wistful appearance for himself, and it was all for her.

Rearing back so that he stood on his rear legs, the half-blooded thing lifted his front paws into the air and capered toward her a few feet. Lacking balance, he dropped back down to find a steady foot and spun swiftly on his stilted limbs before he moved toward her and stretched out to touch his nose against the red-cream pelt of her chest.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she observed him slyly, awaiting some sort of reaction -- when he spun round on his reedy legs she dug deeper into a bow, arms outstretched and ready. as he frolicked over to her, she tensed, her back rigid -- and with an impish gleam in her eye she met his extended muzzle with a playful nip.

it was not forceful enough to break skin, and her teeth remained sheathed by her gums. after such a daring maneuver she jostled towards him with a shoulder, moving laterally towards him before bolting off in a dead run.
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The touch of her against him brought chills to his flesh, and the half-blood yipped softly against it, turning his skull and reaching to lick beneath her chin. Before he could move, she had turned from him and darted away. The length of her limbs carried her like a bullet. Tadec breathed a short sigh and followed her movements for a moment before releasing himself and sprinting in pursuit. His eyes bobbed and danced like floating lanterns against the white of the snow and the dark smoke of his pelt. The wind buffeted his figure in his flight, but he did not slow his chase this time around.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's ears cast back behind her as she bolted, listening for any sign of chase -- and chase there was. with a delighted grin she scampered as fast as she could across the frozen ground, slipping here and there with wild abandon as she wrung round in a wild, drunken circle that had many turns and whip-arounds.

she could hear him covering ground and gaining on her, and with a final sprint of speed she floored it into a headlong gallop -- and then, with all the collective grace of a thundering horse, whirled round on her hind legs suddenly in a 180, brought back to face him.

she met the lantern-orange of his gaze for a moment, before she surged towards his charred figure with both paws drumming outwards to batter anything she could.
129 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The crow’s pursuit was strong willed; he was carried with nimble legs and a runner’s physique. It granted him speed where those bulkier would struggle. Still, she ripped across the land as if the Black Coyote was hot on her heels. Tadec was a blur of fire and smoke after her. He thought himself spry enough to catch her. Then, as though the force of the frigid winter air blew her back, she spun on quick feet and the fire of his gaze met the gold in her own for a moment before she charged. Tadec could scarcely stop himself from colliding with her, and he kicked snow into the air with his sudden halt. Breath rose from his mouth in plumes and his gaze was wide on her.

Indra leapt to him with her paws. The nimble coywolf reared back and fell against his shoulder, stretching his own limbs out toward her with a wild-eyed and playful expression stretched across his face. He encouraged her play with a few light yips and a shimmy of his thin figure against the earth.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
as she wildly turned round to face him she expected a barrage of protest -- instead, he leapt with all the pretense of a lippizan in capriole, and then fell to the ground like the town drunkard.

mischievously she stepped towards him and lambasted his flank with quick nips -- and then when she got to his shoulder, flounced back, lunged for his tail and if she succeeded, would mock pull back and gently whip her head back and forth to incentivize him in rising and giving a more physical retort.

the two continued this play for several hours, their parries cyclical - a bout of rough shoving, a few gentle nips -- and for the first time in a long time, indra's heart seemed to soar and a smile, effulgent and genuine, played across her sorrowed muzzle. tadec didn't know it, but he had provided her a release from her cold and exhausting life -- a release that came at no cost to the redleaf girl.