Kildeer Rest who's gonna show this stranger around?
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
for @Xahi and other Bracken wolves!

After his brief spar with the Drageda boy, his itchy paws weren't satisfied. Instead, they took him north, around the glacier and its sister mountain, skirting the edge of the dark woods he'd passed through from his initial journey here. After more than a half-day of nonstop travel, galloping happily across the open ground, he came to rest in a barren field, panting, his muscles aching slightly.

Shale lapped at a small pool of snowmelt; once his thirst was sated, he moved on, padding placidly through the place, ears pricked as he looked around. He'd thought no packs had settled this far north, but was wrong--ahead, near the treeline, the scent of border markings was fresh and strong.

Not so much a keep out, though. . .more a we're here! Curious.

Intrigued, Shale came closer, though keeping a respectful distance from the smell. Though it was a relatively friendly odor emanating from the place, he didn't want to take any chances. Not knowing Dawn had already made the trip up here, he thought it a chance to meet these new neighbors, to form a new alliance that would further strengthen his family's pack.

He did not howl, merely waited and watched, a lone silver statue in the field.
The Green-Eyed Ghost Lives On
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi had been whisked away from her resting spot that day by a new scent, an unfamiliar scent. It was a wolf, that she was certain of. Which wolf however..? This was her mystery. The dark-faced ghost swept through the forest on her long legs, practically flying over the ground with her speed. As she neared the scent, the young woman began to slow, gradually coming to a graceful meander. From the treeline, she was certain all this new wolf would be able to see at the moment was her piercing emerald gaze.

From the shadows, Xahi studied this new wolf. He was not large nor small, but balanced in his size and height. The man's pelt was of a striking charcoal and white, complimented by silvers and dove greys. There too, were deep amber eyes that caught her attention for a touch of a moment. Their dark shade reminded her of Lennon's mud brown for a slight moment, despite their differences. Perhaps it was more the curiosity they held. The young sylph felt a pang of grief at the thought of her lost...partner, but she quickly attempted to steer her mind away from it. She focused more now on the new wolf's demeanor. He didn't seem hostile, but rather intrigued, as if he were waiting for something. 

"What do you wait for stranger," The woman inquired with an acute curiosity. Perhaps in this moment she should have been more wary, but it was hard to have motivation for wariness when her soul was halfway dipped into the pools of grief. Xahi stepped partially out of the shade now, so her shoulders and everything above were visible.
~ X A H I ~
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Two orbs of glittering emerald pierced suddenly through the darkness, followed by a melodious voice: What do you wait for, stranger? A voice that patently belonged to the woman that now emerged, her head cloaked in chocolate hues, the rest of her a rich cream.

Entranced by those incredible eyes, Shale stared a long moment before snapping back to himself, answering, simply, "You." His voice was gentle, coquettish, and his lips turned upward in a smile.

"I come from a pack to the south," he explained to her, gaze glancing back toward the route he'd taken. He slowly looked back in her direction, trying--and failing--not to get lost in her youthful beauty once more. "Figured I should meet the neighbors."
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
His answer didn't come immediately, he first seemed to be caught off guard by...something about her, perhaps it was her eyes? Lennon had always appreciated her eyes...The woman was snapped back to the moment at his voice. Xahi cocked her head the slightest bit at his words. Her? How could he be here for...her? Of course, these words were quickly followed up by something of a explanation. Xahi examined his smile for a moment, he seemed to be appreciative of her being there. This new silver stranger was from another pack, a neighbooring pack. He had come to visit their pack, apparently, to which in this moment Xahi was unopposed. She could use a new friend about now. 

"I see," she said, a soft smile grossing her face. "I haven't met many wolves from neighbooring packs in quite a while. Of course, we've only just made our home here,"She spoke, gesturing behind her with her head. The girl took a lengthy pause to look him up and down, analyzing all she could. He was friendly, he was new, and he had pretty eyes. It was then that Xahi decided she liked this new character, and she stepped fully into view. "My name is Xahi, I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. You say you're from the south, which Pack?" Xahi, quite honestly, was unfamiliar with the other packs of the Teekon, but she figured now was about the time to learn.
~ X A H I ~
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He looked her over appreciatively as she stepped fully out of the trees. She had a nice, trim figure, on the smaller side but not without long, sweeping lines in all the right places. She gave her own explanation and then an introduction, to which Shale inclined his head, accepting it with grace.

"Hello, Xahi," he responded warmly. "My name is Shale. I'm from the Morningside pack; we live on the plains, just southwest of the glacier." Walking, it was a fairly significant journey, but he was certain there were no other packs between the two of them, which made them, in essence, neighbors.

Whether that was a friendly relationship or not remained to be seen; Shale hoped he could earn this woman's trust today, so that his family would have more friends this side of the mountains.

"You said you've only just moved?" Shale inquired, tilting his head curiously. "Where did you live before?" The scent markers indicated a tight-knit group of wolves, who, it seemed to him, had been together for quite some time. Shale wondered if the tensions in the flatlands had, like it had Morningside, led them to uproot and find a safer haven elsewhere.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
    Xahi smiled warmly as the new man spoke, introducing himself as Shale. She looked him over once more to assure he was friendly before she forwards. Now she was only a few feet away, sniffing at him curiously. Morningside, he says. What a  pretty name. Meeting new people was always exciting, this kind friend was no exception. The lithe young woman perked her eas at his question, lookingback to his eyes after having sniffed him over.

"Yes, we recently settled into this new territory. Before, we lived close to Sunbeam Lair, a great cavern in the mountains. I however, had not been there quite long before we moved. I was the fourth wolf to join this pack, and shortly after more friends gathered with us. Now, we're one big pack family," the girl smiled gently, living in the thought of her family. They were missing one member, though... Xahi stretched her long limbs, her ears whisking at the same time. "How long have you been with Morningside," she inquired, flicking her viridian gaze back to him. Once an answer was given, Xahi nodded, sitting down two or three feet in front of her new friend. "If you would like Shale, I could call to my...well, he is a friend but a leader of sorts." The woman swept gracefully to her feet, awaiting his signal to call to a friend.
~ X A H I ~
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He smiled as her nose twitched, taking in his various scents. More subtly, he did the same to her, breathing in her sweet smell while trying to puzzle her--and her pack--out. No need, evidently; she was soon talking again, explaining their origins and their size. He wasn't familiar with Sunbeam Lair, but the mountains she spoke of must be the ones that once separated Morningside from Easthollow.

"Very nice," he remarked, a pleasant look set upon his face. At her offer, Shale gave a rolling shrug of his shoulders, not really minding either way. "You can if you want." He preferred the woman's presence to that of whatever male she'd drag over here, but he supposed it would be helpful to have some face time with this little band's leader.

He realized suddenly that he'd forgotten her question, and dipped his head in apology. "Just about several moons now, miss," he responded. "It's my brother's pack; I found him again after many seasons apart."