Herbalists' Cache That might be the reason why
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Sunny - as promissed, reply, when you have time. :)

With Rannoch's blessing (or so Wraen assumed), the young hunter had taken to herself to explore the yet unknown valley that opened on the doorstep of the passage that led from the Sunspire's location. The very first time she had met Indra - Bearclaw valley wolf - and she had got a hint that there were more packs that resided there. They did not interest her as much as the opportunities the land could offer to her own pack, yet if they were to move in the future, it was good to know, where possible neighbours or enemies resided. 

Wraen passed Swiftcurrent creek and found some old and whitened bones there of large ungulates, which meant that this place had been inhabited by predators in the past. In the vast meadows by the river she spotted a group of large, horned animals, but they looked so foreign to her that she did not dare to approach them on her own. Having had a bad experience with bogs (even frozen ones) she took care to walk around the wetlands and finally - tired from her two days worth of adventures, she found shelter in a little forest. 

There - before taking a well deserved nap - she made a little round to sniff for small game and make sure that no one else of her kind resided here.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He felt confident enough with Skraeling now that he had left the territory and her behind to explore some more. The breeze blew the scent of herbs and flowers to him from the south of the borders so he went that way, wondering what area reeked so strongly of herbs. Did Pema know?

After a short bit of running and walking he found himself in a small little forest, various forms of plants and herbs that he vaguely recognized from Krypton's den and Pema all around. His eyes widened with the realization that they had a whole storage of medical supplies right by their doorstep. As he explored the forest, sniffing about he caught a familiar scent, one that made his tail wag. He tracked her down until he came up behind her and with a happy bark he moved to her side. "Wraen! Are you stalking me?" he teased lightly, eyes bright with happiness. After having moved he had thought he'd never see the girl who liked to come by Morningside and visit.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had been so busy lately that she had not given much thought about Sunny at all. They had met just recently, hadn't they? And then, when she saw him again  now, she realized that - no - it had been a lot longer. 

"I am not going to flatter your ego," she said with a grin, though it was very obvious that she was as happy to see him as he was her. "And even if I did stalk you - I would not tell you that, would I?" she added smiling. 

"But truthfully - I have to say that you were the last person I expected to find here. Speak of the providence..." this was true in a good sort of way. "How have you been? I - daresay - that you seem to grow taller every time I meet you."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny snorted at her response. Ego? He didn't have much of one really. It was funny that she thought he wanted some ego stroking though. He flashed her a grin and wagged slowly "No I dont suppose you would tell me."he said agreeing. 

It was funny how they kept running into each other, it seemed that life wanted them to keep checking in on one another. "I never thought I'd see you around here either.  I've been alright, we moved territories. Dawnlark plains. One of my childhood friends died but...ive Been alright." he said giving her a brief recap. Her comment on his height made him blush, cheeks heating up beneath his fur. He studied her and noticed for the first time (or was it?) The beautiful shade of green her eyes were. "You get prettier every time I see you Wraen." he said, not exactly flirting so much as being truthful. He said it in a bashful way, inexperienced with giving women compliments.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Sunny is cute. :)

"Alright then. Me and my comrades moved to the mountains and I recently found a passage that leads to this valley. So - we might run into each other more often now," Wraen said with confidence, though she had not the slightest idea, where the Dawnlark plains were or, whether her friend had walked here just as long distance as she had. 

"I am sorry to hear that," she said with sympathy in her voice, but it did not seem that this was a recent event and the boy seemed to be coping with the situation well. Therefore she did not dwell on this subject (it would have been very awkward for her to do so, having not known Sunny's friend and also being inexperienced in consoling people after a loss).

His compliment was met with a shy smile, because it was not often she heard herself being complimented on her looks. And though she did not usually make a fuss about it and was always busy with more practical matters than pondering on, whether she was beautiful, Wraen was still a girl. And every nice word counted. 

"Are you still aspiring in birdcatching?" she asked to changed the subject.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny beamed as Wraen said that since she lived somewhat nearby, that they'd probably see each other more often. He grinned and gave a wag of his tail "Great! I'd hate to lose you as a friend" he said earnestly. Thats what they were right? They had run into one another enough that "friend" was a good term for their relationship. 

His compliment was taken in stride and not commented on, which was a good thing because he was either extremely smooth or extremely awkward and there was really no inbetween. When sbe asked about his trade he nodded "Yep! Caught turkeys the other day. I still go after other prey too" he said proudly. He seemed to be good at taking down birds the most though, he had never failed a single time that he could remember. "How about you? What are you going for? Scouting?" he asked curiously.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Well, becoming the best hunter in the area is still my one and sole ambition," Wraen explained, exaggerating her wishes just so much to be admired by the other party. "But good yarn-spinning goes hand in hand with the hunting and adventures, therefore I am looking at dabbling in story-weaving and gathering history as well," she hadn't had much time to work in this department, but the idea had never left her. 

"A good hunter never tells about his hunting places, yet - care to show, what those turkeys look like? For a friend?" she asked.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny grinned at her response, tail giving a quick wag behind him "You'll be a great hunter! Can't beat me though" he said adding in a lighthearted bit of teasing. What interested him was that she mentioned storytelling, something that he knew of through Catori and Aunt Seelie. "You need to meet my dad's mate,Catori after she's done with the pups. She likes storytelling" he said with a smile.

As she asked to see the Turkeys he nodded and motioned for her to follow him. He lead her to where he and Shale had taken some down and tracked the scent. He paused and listened, picking up the faint sound of clucking and the strange warbling noises the turkeys made. He set off again and spotted one in the distance, ahead of a fallen tree. "Those big suckers are Turkeys. Their pecks hurt and their wings are strong, a good slap will stun even me." he said speaking in a quiet voice.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Don't be an ass," Wraen growled good-naturedly in response to Sunny's declaration that she was not going to beat him. Just wait and see, wait and see.

"That would be lovely - seeing that I already have an acquaintance there, who can introduce me to her," she gave him a pointed look, which meant that, when she would really head out to have a talk with Catori, she would not take a "no" from Sunny as an answer.

The Morningside hunter obliged to her request and without more words to waste led her to the place, where those birds - turkeys - lived. Wraen, who had expected to see duck-like creatures, was taken aback by the size and very odd look of them. Especially those bald heads gave her an impression that they were suffering from a bad case of mange. 

"Do they fly?" she asked, because they look deliciously fat and hoped that it would not be a big deal to catch them.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny snorted and wagged his tail flashing her a goofy grin though he didn't tease her again. Due to being on the slower side he didn't get that she meant he was her guide and so focused on the turkeys was he that he didn't catch her pointed glance. Instead he pondered her question and after thinking about he decided to give an honest answer "I assume so but i honestly have no clue. Sometimes I've caught them dropping from trees, so I assume they had to fly up there." he responded. The turkeys suddenly erupted into a chorus of angry sounding gobbles as another one burst from the bushes at the one they had been watching. Suddenly it was a noisy flurry of ugly noises and flapping wings and Sunny gasped, eyes wide. 

After a few minutes the stench of blood made his mouth water and the two birds seperated. One seemed to be badly injured and the other one gave it a few more pecks before running back into the bushes it had come from. "Holy crap...that was something else. What do you say we finish that one off?" he suggested and turned to Wraen, eager to hunt with her again.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"So, you just sit under a tree with a mouth wide open and simply wait for them to fall into your jaws?" Wraen asked with an incredulous look in her eyes, before bursting out in a fit of chuckles. The mental image of the whole ordeal was very amusing. Or add one, where the bird falls on you, while you walk by the tree.

However, she cut short on humor herself, when the sound of bustle reached her. She froze, looking at the birds and trying to understand, what was going on (no, luck there - the logic of birds, if there was any, was pretty obscure to her). "Let's," she agreed, going towards the injured bird that had been left behind. "So, they kill each other too?" she asked, not expecting Sunny to know the answer to this. By far these were the weirdest birds she had met.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He snorted at her comment and shrugged "Maybe they're like smaller birds. Ya know, they nest up there. Eventually they have to come down" he mused as he stared at the bleeding bird. When she asked the next question he gave a quick shake of his pelt and shrugged once more "Apparently" he said half weirded out half impressed. He crept out of their hiding place and stalked toward the injured bird which tried to get up and move away but flopped down with a weak, sick sounding warble. He felt a bit of pity for it but shoved it down comforting himself by knowing they were about to end it's suffering anyway. "I'll hold it down, you do the kill" he said deciding to let her do the fun part this time. Without another word he sprung forth and held it's wings to it's side, pressing it down with his weight so it couldn't move.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Maybe," Wraen replied, but knew right then and there that this would not be a sufficient answer to her, until she knew for sure. She added this matter to the very long list of things she had to explore, discover and figure out. 

Then Sunny went for the injured bird, caught it too quickly and easily, and in order to share the fun let her do the finishing off part. Not the most exciting hunting experience, when you are used to working hard and getting the gears of your mind rolling. But not wanting to disappoint her friend by turning down his offer, she did, what he had asked and the bird's suffering was over in a split of a second. 

"I guess, since it is near to your new home, you take it back," she said. "You probably have got a bunch of younger and very hungry siblings back home. I remember, when I took care of mine, I could not stop being amazed of how much food they could consume."

They spent some more time together, until it was time for Wraen to leave and go home.